Time's Tiger interview by Lorne Rubenstein

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time's Tiger interview by Lorne Rubenstein

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
    I didn't really get that. the only part that rang a bit false was the bit about not letting opponents see that you're hurt. We've all heard that before but with Tiger, it was like he played up the pain so that we knew it was the only reason he wasn't winning.
    The part about Jack's 18 majors not being as important as how quickly he gets them compared to Jack. And the part about the young guns missing a lot of cuts. And the part about external circumstances that led to his sex addiction. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hackerhare View Post
      The part about Jack's 18 majors not being as important as how quickly he gets them compared to Jack. And the part about the young guns missing a lot of cuts. And the part about external circumstances that led to his sex addiction. etc.
      Still seems thin-skinned about televsion commentators too. Not sure who he was slagging.

Comment

Originally posted by hackerhare View Post
        Excellent interview. I find that Tiger is still the same Tiger, a lot of spin on history to suit himself. Reading it makes me feel like he's trying to manipulate my perception of him.
        Great observation, yes lots of spin. Hey I'm no longer a DBag.
        It was never about surpassing Jack's 18 Majors ... ya right
        Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
        Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
        Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
          It was never about surpassing Jack's 18 Majors ... ya right
          Actually, Tiger has been consistent on this fact for 20+ years now, always saying he had Jack's junior records on his wall growing up, not his majors. It's the media (on this one) that has spun it into a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by smc66 View Post
            Actually, Tiger has been consistent on this fact for 20+ years now, always saying he had Jack's junior records on his wall growing up, not his majors. It's the media (on this one) that has spun it into a different story.
            Good to know thanks for posting.
            Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
            Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
            Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Great interview and now I can start respecting TW after years of thinking he wasn't human. Fatherhood really put his life back to reality and understands he can't or doesn't care to break records as the most important goals.
              WITB-Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag
              Driver-Titleist 910-12°
              FW-910-18°
              FW-Ping G30-21°
              Hybrid-915-27°
              Irons-Titleist 714CB-4/5,714MB-6-W
              GW-Titleist SM4-50
              SW-Titleist SM5-54
              LW-SM2-58
              Putter-SC Newport 2
              Century Club-108 holes at Osprey Valley Aug 4 2016

Comment

Originally posted by smc66 View Post
                He never corrected the media on this as it seems Earl spun the original story of Jack picture on the wall with beating his 18 majors . The media ran with it ,would have been a great story .
                Now Tiger is now correcting the story since beating Jack's 18 is unobtainable
                now. Humm Tiger spin ... I think

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X