• Gotta love Seve...

What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
    TM Rescue 17*
    TM M2 4-AW
    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Re: Gotta love Seve...

OK...it's official...putting is easy. I just have to figure it out.

Comment

or as his buddy Les Nessman calls him: Steve

Comment

Ha ha; he even overcomes a stymie.

Comment

Now I know what a 3 iron is for.
          Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
          Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
          Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
          Ping G400 4H - 22*
          Ping G400 5 - UW
          Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
          Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
          Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
          Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Everyone can dream...I was waiting for Moe Norman to walk on and grab the club from Seve.,,

Comment

I saw Seve practice at the old short game area at Augusta. He was showing Olazabal some tricks. To this day, no one has done anything with a golf ball that impressed me more. Not Moe, not Tiger, not anyone. Then I watched him play nine holes with Ollie and Rocca. If he counted all his penalty strokes he shot in the high 40's on the back nine. Some times this game makes no sense!

Comment

Originally posted by SlaytheDragon View Post
                I saw Seve practice at the old short game area at Augusta. He was showing Olazabal some tricks. To this day, no one has done anything with a golf ball that impressed me more. Not Moe, not Tiger, not anyone. Then I watched him play nine holes with Ollie and Rocca. If he counted all his penalty strokes he shot in the high 40's on the back nine. Some times this game makes no sense!
                That was his downfall wasn't it? Even the best short game player can't save every bogey if you can't find a fairway or a green with the full shots.

I think became Tigers issue to. His short game and putting were great in his heyday, but during his downfall, his inability to keep it in play off the tee really hurt him when his chipping and putting let him down.

Comment

He was working with Mac O'Grady on the range before he went out. Mac was very involved with each shot and I will say, Seve was beautiful on the range. Constantly moving the ball however he wanted. Then he hit a bunch of 80 yard shots. It was perfect.

10th tee hooked it in the trees

11th hit it 40 yards deep in the right hand trees, snapped fingers at me to throw him the ball, lol. Then hit it short left in the water.

12th flowers behind green

13th drive in water. Dropped and hit it on the green with a very hooked fairway wood.

14 i dont remember

15 water

16 3 putt

17 over the gree

18 right hand trees, free drop in middle of the fairway and then in the front bunker.

Ollie was awesome 3 or 4 under

Rocca never putted out he just kept chipping to different spots.

Comment

I scored inside the ropes for John Daly several years ago in the Cdn Open at Angus Glen. I listened in when he told this story about Seve to his playing partner (John Rollins).

Seve was a known stickler for the rules and was a pain in that regard for most of the other pros. On this occasion (somewhere in the UK...maybe even the Open Championship), the drive was over a hill to a blind fairway and both JD and Seve hit it right. Given that John walks faster that just about anyone else on tour, he arrived at the scene much before Seve. When Seve arrived and seeing the ball next to a fence, John quickly asked him whether it would be OK if he played his next shot with one foot on the adjoining fence. Seve said there was no f'in way. John then asked if he could lean against the fence to play the shot. Same answer from Seve...no f'in way. Lastly, could he play the shot one handed while holding on to the fence? Seve again insisted no f'in way.

John then informed Seve that it was Seve's ball next to the fence.

I have no idea if this was really true...but it did get a good laugh out of Rollins (who incidentally went on to win the tournament).

Comment

Knowing JD that was probably a trick he would pull, just don't try on a Keegan Bradley.
                      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                      X