Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Has another Back Surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tiger Has another Back Surgery

For me it sucks, I miss watching him. I hope he stops trying though at this point, just enjoy the other things that you can do Tiger.
    Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
    Taylormade R11 15 Deg
    Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
    Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
    Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
    Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
    Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
    Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
    Ping Scottsdale Putter
    Sun Mountain Bag
    Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
      For me it sucks, I miss watching him. I hope he stops trying though at this point, just enjoy the other things that you can do Tiger.
      ^^^ Probably in his best interests: http://www.golfdigest.com/story/does...rnish-his-past

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
        ^^^ Probably in his best interests: http://www.golfdigest.com/story/does...rnish-his-past
        That's a strange article. The author is talking about how a golfer's image can be tarnished by poor later play, and the author does so by talking about athletes in non-golf sports? I guess he has to use other sports, because his case would be weakened if he talked about actual golfers.

It's pretty much the norm that golfers continue to play long after their glory years, yet in golf, they're not seen as embarrassing themselves in the same way Willie Mays was when his charred remains were being dumped onto the diamond for his excruciating final seasons. The former greats in golf are revered even when they're way past their prime.

If the author had tried using Palmer or Nicklaus or Watson or Trevino or ... well, pretty much any former great ... as an example, his article would have had to be very different. There's always a transition period, but once it's accepted that a golfer is not one of the greats anymore, their presence is appreciated.

And this is a golf publication. The author should know better.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
          Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
          TrGo
          iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
        • TrGo
          TGN To-Do List
          TrGo
          Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
          Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
        X