Collapse

Rory's "New" Driver

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rory's "New" Driver

I'm sure TaylorMade must be impressed. They just signed McIlroy and here he is back to playing his Nike driver on national TV, hard to miss the blue/yellow colour scheme. And of course another new putter in the bag - Kostis said he had 5 putters on the practice green before the round.

Probably the ball that is the best ever (best ever, ever as per TM commercial) doesn't spin enough so he went to a higher spinning driver.

Comment

Rory can't afford to swap gear every 3 years. If the gear works he should stick with it and stop chasing the endorsement dollars.
      Rory's problem isn't the driver it's the flagstick. He loses 2-3 strokes a round to the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
        Rory's problem isn't the driver it's the flagstick. He loses 2-3 strokes a round to the field.
        Putter seems to be a recurring problem for him, he'll get hot for a while but no sustained long periods of good putting. Really bad right now to the point where he seems to have a new putter in the bag almost every week. Just waiting for him to go to the claw.

Comment

Hi: "Rory's problem isn't the driver it's the flagstick." Yeah, he's not hitting the ball close enough to the flagstick.

And I see he shot 64 today so he's apparently solved, at least for today, some of those flag / flat problems.
          Last edited by OKHC; Jun 25, 2017, 11:51 AM. Reason: Added the second line

Comment

Rory had 30 putts today hitting 17/18 greens. He's first in strokes gained off the tee and tee to green but somewhere near the bottom in the putting stats. When Rory gets hot with the putter nobody can touch him. He'd be running away with the world rankings if he didn't switch to Nike. Just my opinion.
            Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
            Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
            Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
            Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
            Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
            Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
            Ping Hoofer

Comment

Totally agree Lefty17, all the different gear is hurting him.

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
                Hi: "Rory's problem isn't the driver it's the flagstick." Yeah, he's not hitting the ball close enough to the flagstick.

And I see he shot 64 today so he's apparently solved, at least for today, some of those flag / flat problems.
                He was within 30 feet on every hole but 4 and 18. We obviously watched a different game today.

Comment

Rory's problem is between his ears, and switching clubs is a way of temporarily solving that problem...I mean even us amateurs do it, we attribute more than we should to the equipment being used. My personal opinion and thought is that he is getting uncomfortable over putts or off the tee for some reason even though the results are good and that is messing with his confidence on the greens. So even though any putter will do or driver he is just trying to find the one that get rids of that uncomfortable feeling even though effectively they are all the same. But that is just pure speculation on my part...
                  "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

Just got married, better things to do than practice his golf swing and new equipment.
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X