No announcement yet.
Collapse

Offically given up on Graham DeLaet

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand this thread completely. It's almost like it's on purpose. It's very perplexing coming from a noted ball striker. There's one thing that makes it more prominent than it really is... The TV coverage will wait to air his (and other Canadians) play until he faulters. Then air that right away.

Comment

Wow; he finished only 4 shots out of the lead, in eighth place at the PGA Championship today; (as mpare observed ten minutes ago).
      Last edited by OKHC; Aug 13, 2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Congrats to Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post

You only start threads to complain. Perhaps people are as tired of your whining as you are with DeLaet's play. Just sayin'....
          A STANDING 'O'...........!
          If St. Andrews is the home of golf, Askernish is it's soul......!

Comment

Great finish for Graham, very well done and a very memorable 4 hole stretch!

Comment

Very happy for him. Nice to see him keep it together.

An amazing 4 holes stretch Saturday.

You would have thought a 69 on the last day of a major would have moved him up in the final standings.

Interesting seeing the stats for the rounds had him #1 GIR & Approaches to the Green (5th tee to green). Putting, Shots around the Green & Sand Saves were his weakness.

Such an interesting game where it comes down to 2-3 shots over 280.

Comment

Here's Graham after his round. http://www.tsn.ca/golf/video/delaet-...d-week~1186741

Comment

Graham is one of the better putters on tour

He is a green hitting machine:

And not just greens in regulation, but also proximity:

He has been seeing a short game guy and psychologist for over a year and it is reaping big rewards.
                  His scrambling percentage is terrible though. Likely a result of both missing greens in the wrong places as well as being a poor chipper.

But he has been improving. Drastically. It takes a long time to improve against the field though. But if you compare against himself there has been great improvement over last year (which was his roughest year putting)

SG Putting:
                  2017:
                  2016:
                  2015:
                  2014:
                  2013:

Comment

A good friend of mine who teaches a few PGA pros told me Graham doesnt want the limelight and is very comfortable making a couple million a year. A bit of the moe norman syndrome of being quite introverted.

Comment

Originally posted by ginrin View Post
                      A good friend of mine who teaches a few PGA pros told me Graham doesnt want the limelight and is very comfortable making a couple million a year. A bit of the moe norman syndrome of being quite introverted.
                      Nothing wrong with that, I'd be happy with that!

Comment

He comes across as a very nice guy and he's got a great game, I wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post

You only start threads to complain. Perhaps people are as tired of your whining as you are with DeLaet's play. Just sayin'....
                          AHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Comment

Originally posted by gotogolf View Post
                            Very happy for him. Nice to see him keep it together.

An amazing 4 holes stretch Saturday.

You would have thought a 69 on the last day of a major would have moved him up in the final standings.

Interesting seeing the stats for the rounds had him #1 GIR & Approaches to the Green (5th tee to green). Putting, Shots around the Green & Sand Saves were his weakness.

Such an interesting game where it comes down to 2-3 shots over 280.
                            that has to be the lowest hole stretch in a Major and probably the lowest ever on tour. What's more amazing is he could have been lower -- ball finished 1 inch away from a hole in one (made birdie); next hole his tee shot on the par 4 rolled over the cup. An inch more in line with the pin it could have dropped for a double eagle (made birdie); Lucky with his long putt birdie to cap off the stretch. Surprised this didn't get more airplay in the media afterwards. Glad to see him have a solid Sunday and weekend in general to finish in the top 10.

Comment

I find that hard to believe. Just follow him on twitter.
                              Unless of course he is just a keyboard warrior

Comment

I don't know. Does your friend think he's a clinical psychologist as well? Unless DeLaet literally said that, or even in that case guys like Jason Duffner don't want the spotlight on them but it doesn't mean they don't want to "win" every PGA touring pro wants to win. Sure, a few million bucks in endorsements and staying in the top 125 in money is nice. But someone might just say "i'm comfortable with where I am in life" as a defense mechanism. Because if he comes out and say "i need to win, my career isn't complete without at least one win..." and then never wins, well then, isn't his career a failure by his own measure?

It's like TIger who had been documented and told millions of times he was going for Jack's major record of 18 wins. Now you ask him and he's "good with all that he's done" and says "I've broken all the records I set myself out to do".
                                Last edited by spinaltap; Aug 18, 2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X