Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubba Watson... I don't get it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba Watson... I don't get it!

I know he is young and an up and comer on the Tour.... but I really dont get his style of play.... I really think he needs to re-evaluate how he approaches the game....

Apparently he is one of the least winningest players on tour going back to his collegiate years...

It just shows you that bombing the ball 200yrds with a 9 iron is not going to win you a tournament. If he practiced a little more course management he would probably have an easier time on tour...
    Ping G30/TFC
    X2Hot/Accra
    Speedline Classic 20*/V2
    G10/TFC
    CB2 6-GW/KBS
    Vokey SM4 54*, 58*/Spinners
    A011067

Re: Bubba Watson... I don't get it!

Originally posted by Bwadd View Post
    I know he is young and an up and comer on the Tour.... but I really dont get his style of play.... I really think he needs to re-evaluate how he approaches the game....

Apparently he is one of the least winningest players on tour going back to his collegiate years...

It just shows you that bombing the ball 200yrds with a 9 iron is not going to win you a tournament. If he practiced a little more course management he would probably have an easier time on tour...
    I've seen alot of improvement in him over the last year and especially to this year. He is 31 so he's not young. I don't think his swing will hold up in the stretch but the more he hangs around the top the better he'll get.
    TM M1 10.5 Tensi 70 -X
    Nike Vapor 3wd GD Tour AD DI-7x
    Callaway BB Alpha 815 18 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
    MP-60 3-4 w/ Project X 6.5
    MP-32 5-PW w/ Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
    Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
    Sun Mountain 3.5

Comment

I like him to win The Masters!! That would be fun!
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I agree he just plays SO aggressive and needs to reign it in a little.
        he was pretty good today with some nice green side shots and his putter was decent too!!

he is really close to winning, 2nd top five finish this season

his one big problem today was playing his HUGE draw???????????? on every tee box?????????
        "My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to sleep at night. In between, I occupy myself as best as I can" Cary Grant

Comment

agree, obviously good being on tour but he lacks the complete game

poor putter, poor sand saves, 78th in birdies

also seems to be erractic with the driver 137th in accuracy
          http://www.pgatour.com/players/02/58/04/

I am sure he will get lucky one day . put it all together for a weekend and win a tourney
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I am sure he will get lucky one day . put it all together for a weekend and win a tourney
            With his distance he should hit a strong 3 wood.. probably still get it out there 300ish maybe give him a little more control.. just like stenson... he has won a few tourney's playing a 3 wood!
            Ping G30/TFC
            X2Hot/Accra
            Speedline Classic 20*/V2
            G10/TFC
            CB2 6-GW/KBS
            Vokey SM4 54*, 58*/Spinners
            A011067

Comment

Just plain stupid is all. Who the hell would want to make the game harder?!?!? Playing a 30+ yard hook with your wedges, let along ever other club. I know he wants to bring more 'artistry' as he's put it back to the game, how about win once before you start spouting off about how things should be played...

Comment

I believe they stated today he has always suffered from ADD and this affects his game as you need to be calm and focused. He said both of which is hard for him and always has been. He has never been diagnosed by a clinical doctor as he said he prefers to deal with it in his own way but golf has helped him. Possibly the out of control episodes. He is a good player and needs to work on himself and he may just get htere one day.
                Everyone strives to be as good as me!

Best Round: 65 on Bethpage Black

Handicap: +8

In the Bag:

Taylor Made R9TP Loft 8 1/2
                Taylor Made TP Smokes Irons
                Titleist Zokey Wedges
                Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Putter

Comment

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. The tour is littered with big bombers with no short game and short game artists with no ball striking. The few at the top does both reasonably well. I don't see how Bubba can teach himself how to pitch, chip and putt any better. If he can, he would have done it already.

Comment

Originally posted by mike83 View Post
                    Y..... I don't see how Bubba can teach himself how to pitch, chip and putt any better. .....
                    Dave Pelz??

Comment

I have a feeling that he would hold it together one week in a major and win a big one, but would not become a consistent winner on the tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dano Twoface View Post
                        I agree he just plays SO aggressive and needs to reign it in a little.
                        he was pretty good today with some nice green side shots and his putter was decent too!!

he is really close to winning, 2nd top five finish this season

his one big problem today was playing his HUGE draw???????????? on every tee box?????????
                        Agreed, why does he always have to shape his shots? Most of the time it's not necessary. I know he good at it, but...
                        Ping G20 10.5* | Ping Anser 16.5*| Ping G10 21*| Ping i15 4-U| Nike VR 56* & 60* | Ping Redwood ZB
                        "There's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing!" -Anonymous

Comment

Lucky might not be the best term to describe a player winning a tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonegolfing View Post
                            Lucky might not be the best term to describe a player winning a tournament?
                            of course he is good he is on the tour.....but never won anything not even in College , something is up there

lucky in that he is able to put it all together one week

he may very well win a PGA tour event.
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Loved watching him hit a tree 30 yds in front of the tee, trying to draw it...

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                                TrGo
                                I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
                                Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X