Collapse

2010 Masters

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Masters

Well a day away and not far off from the par 3 contest.

Some are saying Tiger isn't sharp and is struggling with his game. Phil is coming in playing army golf. Ernie is probably the hottest player heading in.

Usually there is a player or two that surprises early on and hanging around the first page of the leaderboard.... my guess .... Matteo Manassero (British Am Champ) and from Japan Yuka Ikeda.

Weather is suppose to be questionable on Thursday but the rest of the week is suppose to be great.

Enjoy!!!!
    Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
    Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
    Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
    Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
    Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
    Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
    Ping Hoofer

Re: 2010 Masters

Tiger is playing in the Par 3 contest...
    Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
    Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
    Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
    Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
    Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
    Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
    Ping Hoofer

Comment

Wow! I love this statement by Billy Payne. He pulls no punches but puts the ball squarely in TWs hands.

The chairman of Augusta National Golf Club says Tiger Woods disappointed everyone with his sex scandal and didn't live up to expectations as a role model.

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- The chairman of Augusta National Golf Club had harsh words for Tiger Woods, saying the world's best golfer disappointed everyone with his sex scandal and didn't live up to expectations as a role model.
      Billy Payne said Wednesday that Woods won't be judged in the future solely on his performance as a golfer, but by the sincerity of his efforts to change as a person.
      "As he now says himself, he forgot in the process to remember that with fame and fortune comes responsibility, not invisibility," Payne said during his annual state of the Masters news conference. "It is not simply the degree of his conduct that is so egregious here. It is the fact that he disappointed all of us, and more importantly, our kids and our grandkids."

[+] Enlarge AP Photo/Rob CarrAugusta National chairman Billy Payne on Tiger Woods: 'Our hero did not live up to his status as a role model.'

Woods is returning to competitive golf for the first time since a Thanksgiving night car crash unleashed reports of a secret private life that included numerous extramarital affairs. He was dropped by several major sponsors and spent 45 days in therapy.
      "Our hero did not live up to the expectations of the role model we saw for our children," Payne said. "I hope he now realizes that every kid he passes on the course wants his swing, but would settle for his smile."
      Woods will tee off in the next-to-last group Thursday afternoon with K.J. Choi and Matt Kuchar, in pursuit of his 15th major championship and fifth Masters title.
      "We at Augusta hope and pray that our great champion will begin his new life here tomorrow in a positive, hopeful and constructive manner, but this time, with a significant difference from the past," Payne said. "This year, it will not be just for him, but for all of us who believe in second chances.
      "Is there a way forward? I hope yes. I think yes. But certainly his future will never again be measured only by his performance against par, but measured by the sincerity of his efforts to change."
      Payne declined to answer specific questions about Woods, saying his prepared remarks were all he wanted to say on the matter. The chairman also refused to address any extra security measures that were put in place after Woods announced he would return to the game at the year's first major championship.
      However, Payne did scoff at the notion that Woods' decision to play at Augusta will steal attention from the tournament itself.
      "We don't look at things that way," Payne said. "We are very secure in who we are, and the Masters has almost now a 74-year history. We just kind of do things our way. We are not threatened by other big news stories or things like that."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
      Member Whitecourt Golf & Country Club

"I don't ever get to play Tiger,"
      "So I don't give a damn about Tiger."
      Tom Watson.

I wonder what Moe would say...

Anybody but Tiger.

Comment

The TV coverage is sux. Starting 4pm both Thursday & Friday, and 3:30pm on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy09 View Post
          The TV coverage is sux....
          Wouldn't it be great if the entire tournament was covered from opening tee shot to final putt?

But then again, too much of a good thing might spoil the magic.
          Swing slow, walk fast

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy09 View Post
            The TV coverage is sux. Starting 4pm both Thursday & Friday, and 3:30pm on Saturday.

this is no different than any other year

coverage has always been and will always be limited at the Masters.

the extra online live stuff is a nice bonus
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I appreciate the relatively limited coverage. Watching the wall-to-wall coverage of British Open and US Open could make me nauseous at times.

As for the Billy Payne statement. Another brilliant move by Augusta National: waited till all the hoop la was over, made an official statement and let it be known that it is their only statement. Open and closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                I appreciate the relatively limited coverage. Watching the wall-to-wall coverage of British Open and US Open could make me nauseous at times.
                True. But I'd get up early and watch a LOT of both anyways. Nausea fades...

for the Billy Payne statement. Another brilliant move by Augusta National: waited till all the hoop la was over, made an official statement and let it be known that it is their only statement. Open and closed.
                I thought that was well done. Can't ignore it, and don't linger over it. Now they can move on. (if only TW's handlers had been as smart....).
                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                ...Iggy

Comment

Dream come true - will be attending the Masters and seeing Friday's & Sunday's rounds thanks to a good friend's hospitality!!!

Played 18 today in 90 degrees and another 18 tomorrow and Saturday while the other friends visit Augusta National.... Good friends & great times, what more do you need...thanks Jim & Cathy

P.S - Golfshot on my iPhone is amazing!!!
                  Greg

SIM 9* Diamana s60 Limited X, SLDR 15 Speeder Motore TS 7.2 X15*, Titleist 913HD 18* UST V2 89X, Titleist 962B (3-6) DG Sens. X100 (+1", 2* up), Miura 1957 Baby Blades (7-9) DG Sens. X100 (+1", 4* up, pured), Titleist SM4 Oil Can 48 06 bent to 47* DG Sens. X100, Cleveland 588 TSC 53* (S400), Titleist SM Oil Can 58 08, Custom Slighter Tacoma (36.25", 70*lie, 2.25* loft), Custom putter headcover by girlygolfer.com , Sun Mountain C130

Comment

As for the Billy Payne statement. Another brilliant move by Augusta National: waited till all the hoop la was over, made an official statement and let it be known that it is their only statement. Open and closed.
                    I was a little surprised that the National was seemingly welcoming Tiger with open arms. It was nice to see, they openly criticized the worlds greatest golfer because they can, and it needed to be done.

Comment

It is here! It is here!

Comment

I see TSN online has featured group coverage starting at 10 am. Is this the earliest we can watch any coverage?
                        Callaway Epic Max LS
                        Callaway X-Hot 15*
                        Callaway Epic Speed 17*
                        Cobra Tec hybrid 21*
                        Cobra SS Forged (2003) 4-PW
                        Cleveland RTX Zip Core 54*, 60*
                        Evnroll ER5​

Comment

Originally posted by jmac View Post
                          I see TSN online has featured group coverage starting at 10 am. Is this the earliest we can watch any coverage?
                          I'm not even sure it's that that early. I think featured group coverage (which Weir is a part of) will start at 11:30 or so when they reach the back-9.

Comment

Originally posted by davecanuck416 View Post
                            I'm not even sure it's that that early. I think featured group coverage (which Weir is a part of) will start at 11:30 or so when they reach the back-9.
                            Crap, you're right. I was looking at Friday's schedule. Amen corner at 10:45 is as early as things start on TSN today.
                            Callaway Epic Max LS
                            Callaway X-Hot 15*
                            Callaway Epic Speed 17*
                            Cobra Tec hybrid 21*
                            Cobra SS Forged (2003) 4-PW
                            Cleveland RTX Zip Core 54*, 60*
                            Evnroll ER5​

Comment

anyone else not going to accomplish much at work today?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X