Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy Payne's Statement on Tiger...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Payne's Statement on Tiger...

Surprised nobody posted a thread on that....

What do you think ?

Re: Billy Payne's Statement on Tiger...

I read it. My thoughts:

-HYPOCRITE. Why? He stated Tiger should be a role model for young people. FYI, Augusta does not allow women. Thirty years ago, colored skin people could not join Augusta. That Augusta is some role model. NOT!

Billy Payne is old school, out of touch with society and should be ashamed of himself for bringing up Tiger's personal life. What does Tiger's personal life have to do with Augusta Golf Club? Why not mention Fred Couples divorces or Ernie Els autistic son. Some people were surprised he brought up Tiger at all in his speech. What a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by unskinnybop99 View Post
      Billy Payne is old school, out of touch with society and should be ashamed of himself for bringing up Tiger's personal life.
      Agreed, they all see Tiger for what he is to them, $ signs, nothing more. The fact that some speak out is just silly.

I would love to see Woods bring up the same facts you stated above.

Comment

Tiger won't say a thing about the dressing down he received because he needs the Masters more than the Masters needs him. I thought it was great that someone in the golf world finally let him have it with both barrels.

Some of you people just don't get it, which is fine, it's a free country. But don't tell the rest of us that how he conducts himself off the course doesn't matter, because it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Ger63 View Post
          But don't tell the rest of us that how he conducts himself off the course doesn't matter, because it does.
          It doesn't, just like what you do off the course, after work, after logging off doesn't matter to any of us, it is HIS LIFE, HIS, get it through your heads...

Comment

Originally posted by setter02 View Post
            It doesn't, just like what you do off the course, after work, after logging off doesn't matter to any of us, it is HIS LIFE, HIS, get it through your heads...
            I'm not going to even attempt to explain the obvious to you, but let me ask you this, would you be comfortable explaining to someone like your daughter or mother why you hold Tiger in such high regard?

Comment

I'm not going to even attempt to explain the obvious to you, but let me ask you this, would you be comfortable explaining to someone like your daughter or mother why you hold Tiger in such high regard?

Because of his golfing accomplishments, as that is all that I see him as, a golfer. I couldn't care less, just like most on this forum what he does. You people really are silly.

You seem to think that I have it somehow backwards that I don't live my life through others, enjoy missing YOUR LIFE because you take tabloids too seriously... Who cares what he did, he's just a guy who made bad choices and people like you want to crush him. Give your head a shake...

Comment

Because of his golfing accomplishments, as that is all that I see him as, a golfer. I couldn't care less, just like most on this forum when he does. You people really are silly.

You seem to think that I have it somehow backwards that I don't live my life through others, enjoy missing YOUR LIFE because you take tabloids too seriously... Who cares what he did, he's just a guy who made bad choices and people like you want to crush him. Give your head a shake...
                ok buddy, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

ok buddy, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I wouldn't even agree about that with you...

Comment

I wouldn't even agree about that with you...
                    Suite yourself, makes no difference to me.

Comment

Tiger won't say a thing about the dressing down he received because he needs the Masters more than the Masters needs him. I thought it was great that someone in the golf world finally let him have it with both barrels.

Some of you people just don't get it, which is fine, it's a free country. But don't tell the rest of us that how he conducts himself off the course doesn't matter, because it does.
                      The Masters have to make a statement to satisfy the public. Billy Payne did it after all the storms were over because it would have the least jolt factor.

They knew that, Tiger knew that. Some of the public knew that.

If the Masters truly want to 'reprimand' Tiger, they would have bar him from entering The Masters which is an 'Invitational' tournament.

Comment

Suite yourself, makes no difference to me.

But Tiger seems to make a difference to you, interesting! Did he personally hurt you? Did you lose money on him because he played poorly and you blame his 'habits' now that you know about them for the lose.

No one, and I mean no can tell him that he is so horrible and deserves to be scrutinized for the rest of his life, especially from people like you, who he owes nothing to.

Please re-write if need be as I'm sure it will go down as a personal attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                          The Masters have to make a statement to satisfy the public. Billy Payne did it after all the storms were over because it would have the least jolt factor.

They knew that, Tiger knew that. Some of the public knew that.

If the Masters truly want to 'reprimand' Tiger, they would have bar him from entering The Masters which is an 'Invitational' tournament.
                          I don't know, coming out with the kind of harsh words they used the day before the tournament started, it seems like they were purposely sending a message.

Comment

But Tiger seems to make a difference to you, interesting! Did he personally hurt you? Did you lose money on him because he played poorly and you blame his 'habits' now that you know about them for the lose.

No one, and I mean no can tell him that he is so horrible and deserves to be scrutinized for the rest of his life, especially from people like you, who he owes nothing to.

Please re-write if need be as I'm sure it will go down as a personal attack.
                            I've purchased Tiger products in the past so I disagree. Don't like it? Too bad.

Comment

I don't know, coming out with the kind of harsh words they used the day before the tournament started, it seems like they were purposely sending a message.

Getting supposedly 'ripped' by a old southern white guy the day before the tournament is him doing nothing but ranting like people on this forum. Just the fact that because of his position, he has the opportunity to do it.

No message was sent, as Belly mentioned, its an invitational tournament, don't allow him entrance and see what kid of a response it would garner.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                TrGo
                                iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X