Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

    As promised??? Saw none of his birdies or eagles or his reaction, but as per his press conference, wonder how his demeaner was? Did see a few bad shots and his reaction seemed no different then pre-Thanksgiving.

  • #2
    Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

    It's so difficult to keep ones "emotions in check" because they're simply that. Emotions.

    I think he did an admirable job of keeping himself in check. There were times where he looked pissed after a shot, but I think he was able to realize that and control himself. But who am I kidding I am biased look at my display pic after all :P

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

      Tiger was Tiger.....the person I've always liked to watch.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

        Seemed about 90% of his old self, but then again it was only Thursday.

        And he's replaced the F word with a well-known 3-syllable word beginning with G. He's apparently switched from obscene to profane.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

          Loved watching him and always do and the reason is because of his emotions. He wears them on his red golf shirts sleeve.

          You shouldn't be happy when you hit in to the woods and you should be estatic when you have just made 2 eagles in one round, how many of us can do that?
          Driver: TM Burner 07 9.5
          Woods
          :
          906F 15.0 - Accra T60, 904 22.0 - Accra T60
          Hybrids
          :
          TEE CB2 - 22.0
          Irons
          :
          5-AW Wilson Di7
          Wedges
          :
          54 & 58 Nike SV Tour Wedges
          Putter
          :
          Nike Unitized Tiempo
          Ball:
          e6+ & Tri-Speed

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

            That's what I thought.... I'll be honest, I have bought very little of what he has said or done over the past 4 months. It's the same Tiger. I do believe he will be a better person, a little more charitable and giving, but underneath it will be the same person.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

              Originally posted by Anthony View Post
              That's what I thought.... I'll be honest, I have bought very little of what he has said or done over the past 4 months. It's the same Tiger. I do believe he will be a better person, a little more charitable and giving, but underneath it will be the same person.
              If you think golf is the only sport fueled with emotional players who are hot under the collar in the heat of competition, then you need to watch more TV.

              Tiger has always played with emotion and as mrvelani said wears his heart on his sleeve. If I had to watch the likes of Stricker, Zach Jonhson and a host of others who play with ZERO emotion, golf would be right were it was before Tiger blasted onto the PGA Tour.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

                Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                If you think golf is the only sport fueled with emotional players who are hot under the collar in the heat of competition, then you need to watch more TV.

                Tiger has always played with emotion and as mrvelani said wears his heart on his sleeve. If I had to watch the likes of Stricker, Zach Jonhson and a host of others who play with ZERO emotion, golf would be right were it was before Tiger blasted onto the PGA Tour.
                Of course that is the case. Also like golfers with opinions who are fun to watch and listen to (Ames, Sabbatini, Garcia....).

                I just find Tiger disingenuous with many of his comments. I don't think he is a terrible person, just don't believe what he says.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

                  Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                  Of course that is the case. Also like golfers with opinions who are fun to watch and listen to (Ames, Sabbatini, Garcia....).

                  I just find Tiger disingenuous with many of his comments. I don't think he is a terrible person, just don't believe what he says.
                  Why don't you try focusing more on the golfer and his abilities, and less on what goes on in his personal life.....you'll enjoy it more.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

                    Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                    just don't believe what he says.
                    You don't have to, just believe what you see. And did you see that shot yesterday???

                    How many people in the world that can do that? I don't care much about what he has to say or what he does afterwards, that's for the tabloids and the housewives to read up on.
                    Driver: TM Burner 07 9.5
                    Woods
                    :
                    906F 15.0 - Accra T60, 904 22.0 - Accra T60
                    Hybrids
                    :
                    TEE CB2 - 22.0
                    Irons
                    :
                    5-AW Wilson Di7
                    Wedges
                    :
                    54 & 58 Nike SV Tour Wedges
                    Putter
                    :
                    Nike Unitized Tiempo
                    Ball:
                    e6+ & Tri-Speed

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

                      Originally posted by landlord View Post
                      Seemed about 90% of his old self, but then again it was only Thursday.

                      And he's replaced the F word with a well-known 3-syllable word beginning with G. He's apparently switched from obscene to profane.
                      You should tune into the amen's corner live then.

                      Non-censored coverage of all the swearing that goes on from the rest of the field

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

                        Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                        Tiger was Tiger.....the person I've always liked to watch.
                        +1

                        The F Bombs and GD's the camera picks up are one thing that need to stop, but no one wants Tiger to tone down the physical emotion he displays on the course. It's part of his makeup and appeal.
                        Cobra S2 10.5 - Stock Fuji
                        Cobra Baffler TWS 20 - Aldila NVS
                        Cobra Baffler TWS 23 - Aldila NVS
                        5-PW Mizuno MX23 - DGS300
                        Mizuno MP-R 52.07 - DGS300
                        X-Forged MD 56 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
                        X-Forged MD 60 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
                        Odyssey Black Tour Design #9
                        Titleist ProV1x

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

                          I think Tiger was a complete 180* from old Tiger. If you watched coverage you saw Tiger joking and laughing with Choi and Kuchar and putting his arm around Choi after 13 I think. He was thanking fans when walking between holes as well. I can't recall seeing Tiger being like that any round, let alone at the Masters.
                          R15 BLACK 9.5
                          M2 16*
                          Rescue 11 19*
                          RSI UDI 4i
                          TM RSI tp 5-PW
                          Ping Tour-S Rustique 52, 56, 60
                          Scotty Golo S2 cT 33.5"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

                            I don't really want him to keep his emotions in check... stop the club tossing (especially into crowds.. lol) of course..

                            I liked what Jim Gray said (a rarity) when he talked about how much swearing etc. he sees with other athletes

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: So did Tiger keep his emotions in control???

                              he was less of a d#ck with the gallery for once, acknowledging their presence. I almost got the sense he now realizes he doesn't have to be a nob.

                              Comment

                              TGN Spotlight

                              Collapse

                              • TrGo
                                Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                TrGo
                                iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

                                ...
                                Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

                              Join The TGN Email List

                              Collapse


                              TGN Sponsors




                              TGN Sponsors

                              Working...
                              X