Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hank Haney drops Tiger!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank Haney drops Tiger!

It’s breaking news right now on the Golf Channel… Hank Haney has resigned as Tiger Woods’ swing coach.

Re: Hank Haney drops Tiger!

Who cares??

Haven't we talked enough about Tiger's troubles????

I just want to talk about Tiger winning, and nothing else!
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
      Who cares??

Haven't we talked enough about Tiger's troubles????

I just want to talk about Tiger winning, and nothing else!
      hope you are a patient man with that desire.

he seems to be pretty messed up these days, mentally, physically ( if you take the his excuse for quitting at at face value, opinions are pretty split on that one it would appear)

I don doubt he will win again , probably this year.....but wow...things just keep getting worse and worse for him
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

The writing was on the wall anyway. Haney saves face by resigning now before he would have been dumped. Look for the Sean Foley announcement soon.

Comment

Maybe those Sean Foley rumours of the last few days will turn out to be true...

Mr. T?
          E is for Einstein's theory of relativity - New Riders of the Purple Sage

Comment

Originally posted by Json View Post
            It’s breaking news right now on the Golf Channel… Hank Haney has resigned as Tiger Woods’ swing coach.
            Maybe Hank didn't know Tiger had a sore neck
            Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
            Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
            Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

http://www.hankhaney.com/

May 10, 2010

I have informed Tiger Woods this evening that I will no longer be his coach.

I would like to thank Tiger for the opportunity that I have had to work with him over the past 6 plus years. Tiger Woods has done the work to achieve a level of greatness that I believe the game of golf has never seen before and I will always appreciate the opportunity that I have had to contribute to his successes. I have also enjoyed the association that I have had with Tiger both on and off the golf course as I have had some incredible experiences. In coaching and teaching Tiger I have also learned a lot, not only about golf, but about people and life in general. It has been a great learning experience and along the way Tiger has elevated me in my own profession to a level that I never thought I would achieve before I had the opportunity to work with him.

In many ways because of all of the time that I have spent with Tiger, I may have learned more from him than he has ever learned from me. So I believe at this time that it is in both of our best interests for me to step aside as Tiger's coach.

I will always look back upon our past half dozen years together as my best days in professional golf. It would be a dream of any coach to have a student like Tiger Woods and for me it was a dream come true. Just so there is no confusion I would like to make it clear that this is my decision. Tiger Woods and I will always be friends, but I believe that there is a time and place for everything and I feel at this time and at this place in my life I want to move forward in other areas.

Tiger has been just an incredible performer in golf and he has achieved great success throughout his career. First with his father Earl, and then with Butch Harmon as his coach, followed by me, I know Tiger Woods will be successful in the future no matter who helps him. He is an incredible athlete with an incredible work ethic. As we all know, Tiger has been through a lot in the last six months, and I really believe that given the chance, mind free and injury free, we will all see Tiger Woods play once again like we all know he can.

I wish Tiger well, not only with his golf, but in finding peace and happiness in all aspects of his life. Tiger knows that if he ever needs me in anyway, whether it be with his golf or just as a friend he can always call. I will always, as I have been in the past, be there for him. From a personal standpoint, I look forward to being able to make many more contributions to the great game of golf in the days and years ahead

Comment

Bring back Butch!

Originally posted by Json View Post
                This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                  Bring back Butch!

Tiger has hired Jesse James as his Shwing Coach !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                    Bring back Butch!
                    Amen to that but I think both guys are too proud to make the first step. But seriously can you imagine Phil and Tiger under the same coach?

Comment

Comment

"Dude...you're ruining my reputation as a teacher! We're done. H."
                        TaylorMade / R580 / 9.5* / Graffaloy Blue X
                        TaylorMade / 300 Tour / 17* / x100
                        Titleist / 755 / 3-PW / X100
                        Titleist / Vokey / Raw / 250.08 / S300
                        Titleist / Vokey / Satin / 254.10 / S300
                        Scratch / Satin / 60* / S300
                        Titleist / Scotty Cameron / Mil-Spec

Comment

Wow...thats just one more thing to mess with tigers head...
                          tough year.

Comment

Originally posted by shankuverymuch View Post
                            Tiger has hired Jesse James as his Shwing Coach !!!
                            +1 Thats what I'm talk'in about...lol
                            In the Bag
                            Ping G15 10.5*
                            Ping G25 4 16.5
                            Ping G25 23*
                            Ping i15 5-UW
                            Srixon WG706 Forged 56,60
                            Ping Anser F / Darby
                            Sun Mountain SCB DLX

Comment

Originally posted by Duff View Post
                              The writing was on the wall anyway. Haney saves face by resigning now before he would have been dumped. Look for the Sean Foley announcement soon.
                              this ^^^^
                              Whats in My Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag?

• King Cobra L4v 9*
                              • TaylorMade Burner TourSpoon TP 13*
                              • TaylorMade Rescue Mid 17
                              • TaylorMade RAC LT
                              • Cleveland DSG 88 56/60
                              • Ody Marxman Backstryke Putter

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                TrGo
                                iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X