Collapse

2011 CN Canadian Open announces Hillsdale Golf & Country Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 CN Canadian Open announces Hillsdale Golf & Country Club

just announced yesterday that the 2011 LPGA event will return to Montreal to the Hillsdale Golf & Country Club.

anyone play this course before?

Re: 2011 CN Canadian Open announces Hillsdale Golf & Country Club

can I rant a little bit.. when was the last time the LPGA was in the GTA?
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by focal View Post
      just announced yesterday that the 2011 LPGA event will return to Montreal to the Hillsdale Golf & Country Club.

anyone play this course before?
      Many, many, many, many times.....which course are they having the event on? I would assume Laurentien.....

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
        Many, many, many, many times.....which course are they having the event on? I would assume Laurentien.....
        yes, Laurentien

Originally posted by Pingnut View Post
        CN is western based...and the best support from sales to volunteers have been in the smaller markets. I'm sure 2012 may see it come back to the GTA area. the LPGA really has so many clubs they could choose from which the PGA could never host at.

Comment

Beautiful course.....

Comment

2000 at AG South.

Comment

Originally posted by Borbor View Post
              2000 at AG South.
              No wonder they haven't come back......such an over-rated golf course.

Comment

Beautiful course.....
                Islesmere type of course? or even better?

I'm constantly amazed at the selection of top notch courses in the Montreal area. Not on the top 100 score lists but very solid reputations by players/members. The value to play/join them also betters what we can get to play/join in the GTA too.

Comment

Overrated now; but not in 2001 I don't think.

St. Georges used to host it every other year in the early 80s

I just think because of the shorter length they play, there are a lot more choices for them to move the venue around. Ontario's hosted 4 of the last 10 tourneys, so I dont' know what the deal is when ppl say they don't come over here. They just don't come to Toronto; which isn't a big deal after it lost its major status to the Women's British Open.

Comment

Originally posted by Borbor View Post
                    Overrated now; but not in 2001 I don't think.

St. Georges used to host it every other year in the early 80s

I just think because of the shorter length they play, there are a lot more choices for them to move the venue around. Ontario's hosted 4 of the last 10 tourneys, so I dont' know what the deal is when ppl say they don't come over here. They just don't come to Toronto; which isn't a big deal after it lost its major status to the Women's British Open.
                    it lost the status because the federal gov't banned tobacco advertising in Canada. Unable to find a suitable replacement sponsor, the major was moved to the British Open. Once gone, even a major sponsor like BMO couldn't get it back nor has CN had much luck.

I think the players would like to see the Evian Masters as their next major in line before the CDN open gets it. Didn't McDonalds pull out of LPGA major after this year? to keep face, the LPGA is funding the next event but eventually, they'll need to find a title sponsor.

I find it funny how this major on TV is so poorly attended in comparison to the Evian Masters or the CN CDN Open....this is in stark contrast to the PGA tour on a weekly basis also.
                    Last edited by focal; May 19, 2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Smart move on CN's part to move this event across the country like they're doing. GTA is a big market but would people go to the event??? I went to it at the London Hunt a few years ago and it was just the right size community for the event.
                      Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                      Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                      Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                      Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                      Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                      Ping Hoofer

Comment

I played a national there, forget what year

Comment

It is the Canadian Open, not GTA Open. The worst thing the Mens Canadian Open did was stick in Toronto nearly every year. As a Non-GTA golfer the Mens Open has completely lost me as a fan.
                          R15 BLACK 9.5
                          M2 16*
                          Rescue 11 19*
                          RSI UDI 4i
                          TM RSI tp 5-PW
                          Ping Tour-S Rustique 52, 56, 60
                          Scotty Golo S2 cT 33.5"

Comment

Pretty sure it was 2001 and it was played at Angus Glen South due to the fact Magna's clubhouse had not been built & Angus Glen wanted a test-run for hosting the men's open in 2002.
                            Annika holds the women's course record of 63.
                            I remember seeing Sei Ri Pak immplode on the par 3 6th-hole.
                            In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
                            Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
                            Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
                            Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
                            Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
                            Cobra S3 5w
                            TaylorMade R11 3w
                            TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

the LPGA also played at Niagara Falls Legends "Battlefield" in 2004
                              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X