Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Tiger in the Canadian Open ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no Tiger in the Canadian Open ?

this is not a Tiger hating thread - but why doesn't this guy play in our National Championship. I have never figured this out. The guy can't come into Canada and play for four days and make a few Canadian friends, and maybe even win the tournament as a bonus. I get angry when some of these guys just figure - well it's Canada - could be cold - not enough cash ... ya da, ya da. I thought this guy was going to change the way he did things - change the way he played - change the tournaments he was going to play in.

I think I wrote exactly the same question last year.

Why can't he play ?

Re: Why no Tiger in the Canadian Open ?

Tiger has played in the Canadian Open numerous times. Up until this year Tiger's schedule was always Majors, WGC's, Any sponsor events(Buick, Disney, etc..) and any major events(Memorial, Players, etc..) For about 20 tourneys a year. Most tournaments have NEVER seen Tiger and if they did it was in 1997. He can play, he doesn't want to. Alot of these tournaments have never seen most of the top 10 guys. No one at the BC open complains that Mike Weir never comes because nobody cares. Last I checked he's been here alot more than Mickelson or some of the other top players in the world. Keep ripping Tiger though...it's easy....

Comment

I missed that 6 iron from the bunker over the water 200+ yard shot at the last hole of 2000 Bell Canadian Open!
      Taylormade R510 TP
      Ping i20 3w, 5w, 4h
      Ping i20 5-w
      Ping Tour Gorge 50/54/58ss
      Ping Specify Anser
      Pro-V1

Comment

Its not a matter of 'can't', its won't. He is all about the records and trophies. Once he won the triple crown (US, Cdn, British Open), you could guarantee he wouldnt be back for the Canadian Open. Its a shame, but the schedule clashes with the British Open as well.
        "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by par72 View Post
          Tiger has played in the Canadian Open numerous times. Up until this year Tiger's schedule was always Majors, WGC's, Any sponsor events(Buick, Disney, etc..) and any major events(Memorial, Players, etc..) For about 20 tourneys a year. Most tournaments have NEVER seen Tiger and if they did it was in 1997. He can play, he doesn't want to. Alot of these tournaments have never seen most of the top 10 guys. No one at the BC open complains that Mike Weir never comes because nobody cares. Last I checked he's been here alot more than Mickelson or some of the other top players in the world. Keep ripping Tiger though...it's easy....
          Tiger fans are very touchy...

Comment

Originally posted by northernpro View Post
            Tiger fans are very touchy...
            Pimpin ain't easy
            BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
            Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
            There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

No....I'm a human being fan. This is starting to get ridiculous. He was a God a year ago and now we find out he likes to bone waitresses and it's just lets find a new thing to rip him on. No pro plays every event and the people who whine about him not playing Canada are only doing it because they are huge fans and want to see him...but seriously, when was the last time Mickelson was here and how many times ahs here been here in the past 15 years, no one gives him crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Samick View Post
                Its not a matter of 'can't', its won't. He is all about the records and trophies. Once he won the triple crown (US, Cdn, British Open), you could guarantee he wouldnt be back for the Canadian Open. Its a shame, but the schedule clashes with the British Open as well.
                the only hope if RBC sponsors him like what they did with AK.
                Taylormade R510 TP
                Ping i20 3w, 5w, 4h
                Ping i20 5-w
                Ping Specify Anser
                Pro-V1

Comment

No....I'm a human being fan. This is starting to get ridiculous. He was a God a year ago and now we find out he likes to bone waitresses and it's just lets find a new thing to rip him on. No pro plays every event and the people who whine about him not playing Canada are only doing it because they are huge fans and want to see him...but seriously, when was the last time Mickelson was here and how many times ahs here been here in the past 15 years, no one gives him crap!
                  I'm not ripping Tiger. I just want to know why he doesn't play in the National Championship. For that matter why doesn't Michelson. at the beginning of the thread I said that was not a ripping Tiger thread. For the record I can change the question and ask why don't the top 6 in the World play in Canada. It just kind of hits a nerve because we have a great tournament.

Comment

Any event scheduled the week after a major is going to struggle to draw top players, being scheduled right after the British Open is even tougher. It's impressive that they have as many guys playing as they do given their placement on the schedule.
                    Be gentle, I'm new around here..........

TM SuperDeep 10.5 RIP X
                    TM R9 Tour 15* F1 4.0 X
                    Adams SuperHybrid 19* VooDoo X
                    Mizuno MP-68 PX 6.5
                    RAC 52-56-60 PX 6.5
                    YES! Natalie Belly 41"

Comment

Mickelson is not in the same class. PGA Tour events have been always "events with Tiger" and the rest.
                      Taylormade R510 TP
                      Ping i20 3w, 5w, 4h
                      Ping i20 5-w
                      Ping Specify Anser
                      Pro-V1

Comment

I apologize then. You did say that and you said you asked the same question last year. I just get sick of people taking shots at Tiger for sdoing things they'd kill to have the opportunity to do. Unfortunately, the Canadian Open doesn't mean nearly as much as it used to as a National Open. The PGA tour royally bending it over the table in terms of schedule and the revovling courses have made tour players less likely to come and less likely to establish a relationship with the tournament. Not to mention clearing customs, I know all this may not seem like much to us...But for the guys that have tons of money and status it's really north worth it for them IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Speirsy11 View Post
                          Any event scheduled the week after a major is going to struggle to draw top players, being scheduled right after the British Open is even tougher. It's impressive that they have as many guys playing as they do given their placement on the schedule.
                          that's tells you how PGA Tour treats us
                          Taylormade R510 TP
                          Ping i20 3w, 5w, 4h
                          Ping i20 5-w
                          Ping Specify Anser
                          Pro-V1

Comment

I I just get sick of people taking shots at Tiger for sdoing things they'd kill to have the opportunity to do.
                            I don't take shots at Tiger, but are you saying that people would kill for the opportunity to screw around on their wife?

Comment

People would kill to have the opportunity to do many of the things he does, like skipping the Canadian open and yes, being able to have just about every woman they want.

edit: for clarity, I'd kill to skip the canadian open because that would mean that i was invited and so important and busy that i couldn't make it

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                                TrGo
                                I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
                                Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X