Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excuses, Mike Weir? Never!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuses, Mike Weir? Never!

http://tsn.ca/golf/story/?id=328082

I guess setting the table is a good idea. Wouldn't it be great if Matt Hill or Graham DeLaet could compete? Too bad thats about as likely as Louis Oosthuizen winning the Briti....... Nevermind!

Re: Excuses, Mike Weir? Never!

yep, another year another issue. I think he has gotten so distracted with all his other endeavors he lacks the focus needed to win. Perhaps he should drink some of his own vino before he tee's off to numb the pain...
    Grayrhino

Comment

Or read another Lorne Rubenstein article telling him how great he is...."I feel like I'm close..." HA

Comment

I was going to post about this as well..............Feels like he is giving himself an excuse already for not playing well in the Open.

He hasn't played well for a long time..............I always liked Mike Weir and thought he was a classy guy but I am more and more getting annoyed with him saying his game is getting close and that he is working on things.

I guess for a pro no one wants to admit they don't have it anymore but it would be refreshing for him to come out and say he hasn't played well in a long time.

Now with the excuses doesn't sit with me very well.

Really like this Graham DeLeat.............thinks he has major potential.

Comment

Oh man. Just slap a hologram or Q-Ray bracelet on that wrist and get on with it! Maybe throw on a couple of those fancy rubber necklaces that pitchers wear for good measure.

Comment

Mike is done. He will never get to the level he was once at..

Comment

He'll win the Canadian Open this week.

Comment

maybe his chances are as good as me finding a 33 inch 2 or 2.5 mid slant Scotty Cameron.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                  He'll win the Canadian Open this week.
                  How could he, Vijay tried to hand the title to him few years ago at Glen Abbey during the playoff and...

Comment

At least he admits to not having a very good year thus far but he's hopeful of turning things around.

Comment

Nice to see someone other than Rubinstein still drinking weirsy's cool-aid

Dont get me wrong, I'd love for Mikey to be great again, but even in his prime when he was as good an iron striker as anyone, he was a headcase and couldn't win from the lead. By not working on his mental game, when his physical game started to slip, I think he never had a chance to get back there...due to his mental makeup.

Maybe after this injury he'll go back to Plumber and Bennet

Originally posted by mygolfgarage View Post
                      At least he admits to not having a very good year thus far but he's hopeful of turning things around.

Comment

Gosh, you guys are a bunch of savages. I was in the group right behind Weir (the Ames group) and he was clearly in discomfort and was wearing a brace on the troublesome arm.

Cut the guy some slack, he is the best golfer this country has ever produced. Not everyone plays up to their potential 100% of the time.
                        10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                        16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                        20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                        4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                        Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Grahams great but seriously hes had a few big rounds after some super low ones bring him into contention...I feel likes hes already close as long as he doesnt get mike weir syndrom... two good rounds one horrible one medium to finish 25...lol

Comment

I think people's frustration is that he and the media have essentially been treating us like children for 7 years.

How many times do we have to listen to him say "im really close" or "im striking the ball as well as ever" or hear about an injury 6 months after the fact, When it is clear to anyone he is just playing poorly?

I heard someone somewhere make a comment that it was time for mike to swtich caddies and maybe get a new voice in his ear. Brendan is his best friend whos been on the bag for 20 years...Alot of guys on tour have very business-like relationships with their caddies...Tiger and Stevie aren't "friends". Maybe that is a good idea for Mike...

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
                            Gosh, you guys are a bunch of savages. I was in the group right behind Weir (the Ames group) and he was clearly in discomfort and was wearing a brace on the troublesome arm.

Cut the guy some slack, he is the best golfer this country has ever produced. Not everyone plays up to their potential 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
                              he was clearly in discomfort and was wearing a brace on the troublesome arm
                              Saw him grimacing and icing his arm after every other shot this morning...he definitely needs some time off.
                              If I had to describe myself in just one word....“doesn’t know how to follow directions.”

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                                TrGo
                                I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
                                Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X