Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK Golf Channel - what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Golf Channel - what?

Was it really necessary to cut the Canadian Open to goto "Golf Central"?

I think most people would rather watch the live event with players still on the course (Casey, etc) than some chit-chat by the TV folks.

Re: OK Golf Channel - WTF

Would you be saying the same thing next week at the Greenbrier?

I wish they had every shot thursday to sunday on tv...but they do have to pay for all the operations and stuff and probably don't have commercial time sold for extended coverage.

With the Evian Masters and the British Senior Open taking place I'd say it is not wrong to cut to Golf Central at it's scheduled time....IMHO.

Comment

Sorry to threadjack, but I just got back in town from vacation and am wondering why Jim Furyk isn't in the Cdn Open? I've done a number of Google searches for "Furyk withdraw" etc. but haven't found anything. Thanks.

Comment

LOL...i was wondering the same thing....

Comment

Originally posted by kingstongolf View Post
          Sorry to threadjack, but I just got back in town from vacation and am wondering why Jim Furyk isn't in the Cdn Open? I've done a number of Google searches for "Furyk withdraw" etc. but haven't found anything. Thanks.
          I think he paid his dues when he came to the Canadian Open. Then, the poor guy wins, so he's obligated to defend his title. Luckily, he lost. So, he doesn't have to come here anymore.

Maybe that's why Tiger doesn't come here anymore. He might actually win, setting off a chain reaction of having to come here every year.
          Driver: Ping 10*
          Wood: Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood
          Irons: Accuform PTM (3 - PW)
          Hybrid: TaylorMade 3 (OUT - had enough, make me an offer)
          Wedges: Cleveland 54* & 60*, TaylorMade 52*
          Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Two "The Art of Putting"
          Bag: Ogio Ultra light
          Balls: Pro v1 / TaylorMade Red

Comment

Re: OK Golf Channel - what?

Yeah, but didn't he enter this year?

Comment

He pulled out so he and his wife could stay w/ his wife in Scotland to celebrate her birthday there. True story. I bet he'll be back next year...

Comment

OK, thanks. But I don't get it. Two-time champ and maybe the biggest name in the tourney withdraws at the last minute after confirming his entry, and I can't find any report about it anywhere? Not on ScoreGolf, Globe&Mail, TOstar, etc? What am I missing? Am I blind?

Comment

Well, I wrote about it at the time -- maybe the Globe etc. isn't where you should look for your golf news:

http://canadiangolfer.com/g4g/2010/0...a-radio-today/

Originally posted by kingstongolf View Post
                  OK, thanks. But I don't get it. Two-time champ and maybe the biggest name in the tourney withdraws at the last minute after confirming his entry, and I can't find any report about it anywhere? Not on ScoreGolf, Globe&Mail, TOstar, etc? What am I missing? Am I blind?
                  Golf blog: canadiangolfer.com/g4g

Comment

Thanks Robert. No dog-ate-my-homework excuse from Furyk? Given that he was used in pre-tournament publicity and is clearly the star of the field, don't ticket purchasers deserve an explanation?

Comment

What is the Tour's policy on players dropping out sans injury? Robert, You may be able to enlighten.

I don't really understand the fuss. I used to get upset by this when I thought players could not withdraw once committed unless injured. Since it seems like the Tour does not care, it's tough to fault players for entering as much as they want and essentially showing up if they feel like it. The PGA needs to do something about this, Since I don't think Furyk is a bad guy or should get a bum rap...but this needs to be stopped from happening.

Comment

Rickie 'Lay-up' Fowler apparently decided to play at the Scandanavian Masters for an appearance fee.

Too bad, he would have been a big draw.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                          Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                          TrGo
                          iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                        • TrGo
                          TGN To-Do List
                          TrGo
                          Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                          Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                        X