Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy story from Tuesday at the Cdn. Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy story from Tuesday at the Cdn. Open

as you are all aware the Tournament may be at St. Georges CC but the driving range is 1 mile south on Islington Ave. at the Islington CC. Considering the logistical nightmare that this represents, the RCGA has done a great job organizing a fleet of mini vans to shuttle Players, Caddies, Reps, Press, etc back and forth. This seemed to work great the entire time I was there.
    Now understand Islington Ave. is closed around St. Georges, so the traffic is limited on the street and the majority of cars on Islington are these shuttle vans.
    So what does the Toronto Police decide to do...... set up a speed trap between St. Georges and Islington CC. on the south side all morning ad moved to the north side in the PM how ridiculous was that!!! what gets crazier is that one shuttle with a player and his caddie got nailed!
    Just some thoughts,
    g

PS. Thanks to the TGNer's that came by and said hi earlier in the week! would love to have given more tours of the TM van!

Re: Crazy story from Tuesday at the Cdn. Open

No surprise.

Originally posted by gbrgolf View Post
    as you are all aware the Tournament may be at St. Georges CC but the driving range is 1 mile south on Islington Ave. at the Islington CC. Considering the logistical nightmare that this represents, the RCGA has done a great job organizing a fleet of mini vans to shuttle Players, Caddies, Reps, Press, etc back and forth. This seemed to work great the entire time I was there.
    Now understand Islington Ave. is closed around St. Georges, so the traffic is limited on the street and the majority of cars on Islington are these shuttle vans.
    So what does the Toronto Police decide to do...... set up a speed trap between St. Georges and Islington CC. on the south side all morning ad moved to the north side in the PM how ridiculous was that!!! what gets crazier is that one shuttle with a player and his caddie got nailed!
    Just some thoughts,
    g

PS. Thanks to the TGNer's that came by and said hi earlier in the week! would love to have given more tours of the TM van!

Comment

Just some thoughts,
      g

We stopped by the TM tour van and knocked (as per Adam Barr's suggestion) but no one would answer.
      Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Originally posted by WILL View Post
        We stopped by the TM tour van and knocked (as per Adam Barr's suggestion) but no one would answer.
        That's weird, cause the Van door is never locked, unless it was after 6pm, they left around then. It's an electric door, you push the button. If you knocked then they may have not heard you if they were working on clubs..... but as you probably noticed there was someone going in and out every thirty seconds..... only van there, they were busy!!!! The Van was always busy with all the local TM reps giving tours!!!
        Too bad, I gave lots of guys tours of the range and van, there weren't many reps there so I was pretty easy to find!!
        g

Comment

Just some thoughts,
          g

Why is it ridiculous?

It's a POSTED 50 zone. Speed at your own peril.

Comment

Originally posted by Borbor View Post
            Why is it ridiculous?

Exactly, it's a Very Well Knows SPEED ZONE, if you frequent/live in the area!!
            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

You're lucky they didn't pull driver out and beat on him with a baton. TPS is still pretty jacked up from the G20 protests.

Comment

Originally posted by Borbor View Post
                Why is it ridiculous?

Let's see, the RCGA is hiring a ton of officers for security.... that's a few bucks into the Police coffers to start with, then the volunteer that was stopped for speeding got a $40.00 ticket, that sounds like less that 15 over, not like he was endangering anyone on a road that is marked as closed and had limited traffic.
                I took dozens of rides in those vans and even the police that were volunteering to drive the shuttles thought it was nuts!!
                Maybe I'm out of line, but the thought of a player being late for a time irks me!
                Just some thoughts.

Comment

Let's see, the RCGA is hiring a ton of officers for security.... that's a few bucks into the Police coffers to start with, then the volunteer that was stopped for speeding got a $40.00 ticket, that sounds like less that 15 over, not like he was endangering anyone on a road that is marked as closed and had limited traffic.
                  I took dozens of rides in those vans and even the police that were volunteering to drive the shuttles thought it was nuts!!
                  Maybe I'm out of line, but the thought of a player being late for a time irks me!
                  Just some thoughts.
                  Keystone Cop moment if the radar trap napped a police volunteer driving the shuttle. This city is truly starving for loose change.

Comment

This is the cities revenge over the whole deferred property tax issue. why don't they set up a speed trap on the lakeshore during the Honda Indy. The city could snag all kinds of fine money and impound a bunch of expensive cars for stunt driving.

Comment

Originally posted by BowmanvilleJim View Post
                      This is the cities revenge over the whole deferred property tax issue. why don't they set up a speed trap on the lakeshore during the Honda Indy. The city could snag all kinds of fine money and impound a bunch of expensive cars for stunt driving.
                      Good one Jim

Comment

Have to agree, its stupid for these officers to set up speed traps on a closed road, for the Canadian Open. I can only imagine what some of the worlds best golfers think of 'The Canucks'.
                        "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BowmanvilleJim View Post
                          Now that is funny!!!

Comment

Completely agree with gbr - stupid doesn't even cut it to have a speed trap on a road closed for a tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by joshgolfer View Post
                              Completely agree with gbr - stupid doesn't even cut it to have a speed trap on a road closed for a tournament.
                              the road is Closed from The Kingsway north to Eglinton, CLEARLY it is Open below that, and since many kids live in the area, and school's out, I don't see why this is so "stupid"...as I posted before, this stretch is a well-known Speed Enforcement area!
                              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                                TrGo
                                I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
                                Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X