Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDF

What does MDF stand for? I see that 5 players didn't finish ( or play ) the last round at the Canadian open. Not a very class act if you ask me

Re: MDF

Missed cut but didnt finish. They do this If too many make the cut to play the weekend. These guys get paid last place moneys.

Comment

Originally posted by par72 View Post
      Missed cut but didnt finish. They do this If too many make the cut to play the weekend. These guys get paid last place moneys.
      I understand missed cut ..did not finish, but it wasn't because they had too many for the weekend. All 5 played the 3rd round but not Sunday

Comment

Hmm...then I am lost LOL

Originally posted by shaker1 View Post
        I understand missed cut ..did not finish, but it wasn't because they had too many for the weekend. All 5 played the 3rd round but not Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by shaker1 View Post
          That's exactly what happens.

They have the regular cut on Friday and then they make another cut after Saturday(they did this last year too). It was to make the finish on Sunday more manageable. The players "cut" on Saturday don't play, but get last place money and Fedex points. There was a bit of squawking about it last year as there are times when a guy near the bottom can shoot lights out on Sunday and win or place very high.

But TV wants to make sure that they can finish or try to finish by 6 on Sundays.

*note USGA, Masters, PGA, Open tournaments are exempt from having to do this

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
            There was a bit of squawking about it last year as there are times when a guy near the bottom can shoot lights out on Sunday and win or place very high.
            ...not unlike the guy who Won yesterday, except he came from the cut-line to the top in 2 days!
            ...I think it's a Bad idea.
            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
              That's exactly what happens.

But TV wants to make sure that they can finish or try to finish by 6 on Sundays.

*note USGA, Masters, PGA, Open tournaments are exempt from having to do this
              It's always about TV isn't it?

Comment

I believe it had something to do with speeding up play. The guys near the bottom will be looking for balls all day long. Eventually, it will back up the entire course, and the leaders will be waiting to hit far too much.

(this is partly true. They want to get a pretty good estimate of the finishing time on Sunday. More players on the course = less accurate prediction).

Before anyone tries to argue with my point, above, I meant it entirely in jest. Of course the "worst" golfers of the bunch won't be looking for their balls! Good God, man. These guys are Good!
                Driver: Ping 10*
                Wood: Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood
                Irons: Accuform PTM (3 - PW)
                Hybrid: TaylorMade 3 (OUT - had enough, make me an offer)
                Wedges: Cleveland 54* & 60*, TaylorMade 52*
                Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Two "The Art of Putting"
                Bag: Ogio Ultra light
                Balls: Pro v1 / TaylorMade Red

Comment

It means you are dying of hunger

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley01 View Post
                    I believe it had something to do with speeding up play. The guys near the bottom will be looking for balls all day long. Eventually, it will back up the entire course, and the leaders will be waiting to hit far too much.

(this is partly true. They want to get a pretty good estimate of the finishing time on Sunday. More players on the course = less accurate prediction).

Before anyone tries to argue with my point, above, I meant it entirely in jest. Of course the "worst" golfers of the bunch won't be looking for their balls! Good God, man. These guys are Good!
                    They never look for their balls anyway. They have dozens of marshals and volunteers and patrons to help look, unlike the rest of us

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                      Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                      TrGo
                      iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                    • TrGo
                      TGN To-Do List
                      TrGo
                      Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                      Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                    X