Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duramed Futures Tour rules officials didn't know that.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duramed Futures Tour rules officials didn't know that.

Ping's Tour-W wedges adhere to the new groove ruling established by the USGA and effective for professional tournaments Jan. 1, 2010.

Too bad the Duramed Futures Tour rules officials didn't know that.

The Futures Tour disqualified Sarah Brown in the final round of The International at Concord tournament for having a non-conforming wedge, but her wedge actually was legal, and was stamped with markings that indicated so. Instead, an official pulled her off the course - not even allowing her to finish the round and then sort everything out.

"We're disappointed that the rules officials at the Futures Tour event took the action they did without properly investigating the situation," Ping chairman and CEO John Solheim said in Golfweek. We've received an apology from the Futures Tour and more importantly, they'll be apologizing to Sarah for the mistake."

Brown, a Futures Tour rookie, was on track to have her best finish of the season before the disqualification.

Re: Duramed Futures Tour rules officials didn't know that.

Worse call then that idiot umpire that cost that pitcher a perfect game!? How about that one!?

Officials!
    Member Whitecourt Golf & Country Club

"I don't ever get to play Tiger,"
    "So I don't give a damn about Tiger."
    Tom Watson.

I wonder what Moe would say...

Anybody but Tiger.

Comment

Maybe it is karma payback for her trash talking on Big Break Sandals. Or perhaps the official is not a fan of her character on the show.

Comment

I never watched the program and I wasn't even aware of her before this article.
        Even if there is a dislike for this young lady, the official(s) have the burden to know the rules and act properly on them.

So much is at stake and especially at this level, this is very wrong and I hope whoever is responsible is taken to task over it.

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
        Maybe it is karma payback for her trash talking on Big Break Sandals. Or perhaps the official is not a fan of her character on the show.

Comment

In the two episodes I watched she seemed pretty nice and cute...if nothing impressive on the golf course.

THat was a BS call by the official who should be fired immediately.

Comment

Amazing that they would pull her off rather then letting her finish and then DQ'ing her if warranted.

Oh, and Sarah Brown is a cutie and my next wife....
            I like big putts and I cannot lie
            You other putters can't deny
            That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
            You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

EXACTLY!!!!! This was one of the things I always respected about golf, there are times when a player would finish their round then come into the official's trailer and have to discuss and incident. Hindsight is 20/20, so I guess a call to the manufacturer or checking the USGA's site while she was continuing her round would have been too tedious.

This does not make the futures tour look very good....

Originally posted by The Troll View Post
              Amazing that they would pull her off rather then letting her finish and then DQ'ing her if warranted.

Oh, and Sarah Brown is a cutie and my next wife....

Comment

he's lucky it wasn't Helio Castroneves he dq'd

Comment

Oops....Wrong Sarah Brown, not the BB Sara Brown...

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Hacker View Post
                    Worse call then that idiot umpire that cost that pitcher a perfect game!? How about that one!?

Officials!

Really?!?!? A perfect game against pulling a young lady out of a tournament that will likely never make it to the LPGA... Let alone shooting the equivilent -18 through a round of golf...

Comment

Agreed...But at least the umpire HAD to make a split second decision.

The fact that the tour official would make such a poor decision so hastily costing someone money and possibly career opportunity is slightly different in it's ramifications and in my mind more egregious.

I'd say the umpire made a BIGGER error though.

Originally posted by setter02 View Post
                      Really?!?!? A perfect game against pulling a young lady out of a tournament that will likely never make it to the LPGA... Let alone shooting the equivilent -18 through a round of golf...

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                        TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                        TrGo
                        I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
                        Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                      • TrGo
                        TGN To-Do List
                        TrGo
                        Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                        Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                      X