Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV coverage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV coverage

I was watching a bit of the coverage of the farmers open last night and i found it very unsatisfying. I know they are tryign to spread the Tv time around but I prefer if they were to focus more on specific players...Yesterday Rickie Fowler was hot i think it might have been valuable to show more of him not just the occasional chip or putt.it would be nice to actually see how the players play an entire hole.

an example of the poor coverage was showing dustin johnson tee shot go wide and bounce around on the path hit a few people .then the next time you see him he is back in the fairway hitting his 3rd shot

Re: TV coverage

I'd like to see more tee shots than tap-in putts.

I also would like them showing a pro butchering a hole, no matter how obscure the player is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
      I'd like to see more tee shots than tap-in putts.

I also would like them showing a pro butchering a hole, no matter how obscure the player is.
      yes i like to see how they handle adversity ...how they recover.

Comment

I kinda like the drama of the upcoming short putt when they mark the ball a foot or so away. It gets real tense. You all know they can lag, but can they handle the short one?
        Let's not waste the drama and present it properly. I want to see the kind of macro camera work that National Geographic does on plants and insects. I want it panning back and forth between the edge of the hole and the moon size ball with those impossibly uniform dimples rolling in slo-mo parting the sea of tree size blades of grass destroying insects in gory wanton destruction as it bends the law of physics and lips out to the long and tremulous Nooooh of the patrons.

Calling it the Farmers Open is bad enough, but dressing up the Blimp into the biggest condom in the sky is just not right.

Comment

Watching pros butcher holes is awesome. I loved watching them struggle on the 14th at Pebble last year in the US Open. Zach Johnson's back and forth was epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post
            I was watching a bit of the coverage of the farmers open last night and i found it very unsatisfying. I know they are tryign to spread the Tv time around but I prefer if they were to focus more on specific players...Yesterday Rickie Fowler was hot i think it might have been valuable to show more of him not just the occasional chip or putt.it would be nice to actually see how the players play an entire hole.

an example of the poor coverage was showing dustin johnson tee shot go wide and bounce around on the path hit a few people .then the next time you see him he is back in the fairway hitting his 3rd shot

then when the networks show Tiger's every shot, we get people *****ing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dekker View Post
              I kinda like the drama of the upcoming short putt when they mark the ball a foot or so away. It gets real tense. You all know they can lag, but can they handle the short one?
              Let's not waste the drama and present it properly. I want to see the kind of macro camera work that National Geographic does on plants and insects. I want it panning back and forth between the edge of the hole and the moon size ball with those impossibly uniform dimples rolling in slo-mo parting the sea of tree size blades of grass destroying insects in gory wanton destruction as it bends the law of physics and lips out to the long and tremulous Nooooh of the patrons.

Calling it the Farmers Open is bad enough, but dressing up the Blimp into the biggest condom in the sky is just not right.
              You're HIRED!!!

Comment

Oh God, I can't wait for the Waste Management Phoenix Open.

Comment

Originally posted by dekker View Post
                  Oh God, I can't wait for the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
                  Charley Hoffman's gonna be busy for that one!
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Why does it take 30 mins to complete 3 mins of a blowout basketball game???
                    TM M1 10.5 Tensi 70 -X
                    Nike Vapor 3wd GD Tour AD DI-7x
                    Callaway BB Alpha 815 18 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
                    MP-60 3-4 w/ Project X 6.5
                    MP-32 5-PW w/ Project X 6.5
                    Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
                    Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                    Sun Mountain 3.5

Comment

watching the coverage yesterday i didn't even realize AK was in the same group as Bubba until the last hole LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
                        Thank you! Thought I was hypnotized waiting or something.

- RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
                          Originally posted by RiskyBusiness View Post
                          Thank you! Thought I was hypnotized waiting or something.

- RB.
                          'cause it wasn't one of Your Teams!
                          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Are they going to be able to finish the Phoenix tourney today?

I think Phil is not happy that he is going to miss the Superbowl kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                              Are they going to be able to finish the Phoenix tourney today?

I think Phil is not happy that he is going to miss the Superbowl kickoff.
                              They won't finish today. Final group will have about 4 holes to play tomorrow. Coverage to switch to Golf Channel at 6 until sunset (8-ish). I think they said GC will show play tomorrow at 11 AM?
                              Confusion will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                                TrGo
                                I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
                                Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X