Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PGA vs EuropeanTour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGA vs EuropeanTour

I've started watching the PGA tour 2 years ago and this year the European tour, but still too early to judge which is better. Bias draws me towards the PGA tour and the fact that some Europeans like Kaymer, McIlroy and Westwood seem to have a bit of a beef with the PGA this year, that doesn't help.

Re: PGA vs EuropeanTour

the Euro Tour is better because they drink good beer, we don't. They drink better wine. We don't. They drink better Scotch. We don't. They drive better cars.We don't. They have better looking nannies. We don't. I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by podarum View Post
      I've started watching the PGA tour 2 years ago and this year the European tour, but still too early to judge which is better. Bias draws me towards the PGA tour and the fact that some Europeans like Kaymer, McIlroy and Westwood seem to have a bit of a beef with the PGA this year, that doesn't help.
      I'll take Renton Laidlaw on my speakers over Kelly Tilghman any day of the week.

Faldo can jump off the tower while we're at it.

Comment

Hard for me to pick one over the other, I enjoy watching both tours and players. I do prefer the European commentary more.

Comment

I find the Euros simply gel better, better attitude, better beer.

Not hard to figure who I cheer for in the Ryder Cup.
          My game is rubbish with shades of brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by dekker View Post
            the Euro Tour is better because they drink good beer, we don't. They drink better wine. We don't. They drink better Scotch. We don't. They drive better cars.We don't. They have better looking nannies. We don't. I rest my case.
            I'll argue better wine as there are many world class wines produced in Canada, but you have me on nannies. They certainly had better booth bait when I did trade shows in Europe!
            In The Bag

Golf clubs

Let them in.
            We can deal with the bad apples.

Comment

I enjoy the European Tour... better coverage less commericals, better color guys, and a mixture of course of the year. Plus the better players play over there.
              TM M1 10.5 Tensi 70 -X
              Nike Vapor 3wd GD Tour AD DI-7x
              Callaway BB Alpha 815 18 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
              MP-60 3-4 w/ Project X 6.5
              MP-32 5-PW w/ Project X 6.5
              Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
              Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
              Sun Mountain 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post
                I'll argue better wine as there are many world class wines produced in Canada, but you have me on nannies. They certainly had better booth bait when I did trade shows in Europe!
                Which winery do you work for?

I like Canadian wines as much as the next guy (actually a lot more), but the Euros have us beat hands down, in every category, except in icewines.

If you were comparing Canadian vs. British wines, then you are correct, sir.

Dekker got it right. The only thing that might make the European Tour better would be to turn the nannies into cheerleaders (no need to change their outfits). Put that on TV and the European Tour overtakes the PGA, IMHO.
                Driver: Ping 10*
                Wood: Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood
                Irons: Accuform PTM (3 - PW)
                Hybrid: TaylorMade 3 (OUT - had enough, make me an offer)
                Wedges: Cleveland 54* & 60*, TaylorMade 52*
                Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Two "The Art of Putting"
                Bag: Ogio Ultra light
                Balls: Pro v1 / TaylorMade Red

Comment

All these endorsements about the Euro Tour, but I hardly ever see any threads being started to talk about any one of their tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                    All these endorsements about the Euro Tour, but I hardly ever see any threads being started to talk about any one of their tournaments.
                    It's because after all of that French and Italian wine (maybe a bit of German wine, too, now that Kaymer is on the scene), we can barely type.

Comment

Originally posted by dekker View Post
                      but they all seem to fly commercial

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post
                        but they all seem to fly commercial
                        More like cattle class on RyanAir or EasyJet! It almost costs more to get to the airport (Stansted) than it does to fly. That's how they get away with lower purses.

Comment

While I like to watch both tours...

like a few posters above I also prefer the coverage on the Eruopean Tour....less biased, less arse kissing and fluff and most importantly balanced coverage.

with 13 of the world's top 20 golfers you can't argue that the don't have the best golfers in the world belonging to that tour.

No question the European fans are more cordial ( few if any "get in the hole" arseholes) and definitely more knowledgeable which they always point out at the Open

I guess the draw for me to the PGA is my familiarity with the courses, prefer the NA style course to most I see on the Euro Tour excepting the Open Championship courses which I like alot

I will continue watch both...
                          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

well for me it's about familiarity. Same ol' same ol' on the PGA.
                            My skin crawls when Nantz brings on the sponsor CEO and gently guides him through his alloted 2 minutes extolling the charity they support and how gratefull they are to be the sponsor. Totally effed up and the total reverse of what should be said. Nantz,on behalf the PGA, should be kissing his behind.

On the Euro I get to see new courses, new faces and some fine players I have never heard of, and less arss kissing by everybody.

Comment

I'll watch whichever one I can when I have the time to watch golf. I love the PGA Tour in primetime on GC when they replay that day's round right before bed. Helps me 'visualize' how far off my game is while I sleep, lol.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                TrGo
                                iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X