/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Brendan Steele comments on Tiger - Gave up??

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brendan Steele comments on Tiger - Gave up??

wow...what a thing for a guy who's been on tour for about 3 minutes to accuse Tiger of! Not saying it's not true, but it probably was not necessary to go to the media with...

Re: Brendan Steele comments on Tiger - Gave up??

the kid definitely has balls to be saying that. I mean lets be honest sundays round wasnt tigers best but to say he gave up would be a little far fetched. the young guys coming off the nationwide tour i think need to realize that if it werent for Tiger Woods the PGA tour wouldnt be where it is today. and they certainly would not be taking home $900,000+ cheques for first place. Tiger has, and will continue to grow the game for the future generations in my opinion anyways. and every player going onto the PGA tour does owe him atleast a small bit of gratitude(imo)

Comment

I'm in agreement with Tanner to some degree... Even the Nationwide Tour is a direct result of what Tiger has done to the game. Pay days are a little bit bigger now then when Duval was on it.

I'll give Steele credit for having the balls to say it I like it when guys speak out the game needs some anamosity in it. Everyone is to nice.
      Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
      Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
      Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
      Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
      Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
      Ping Hoofer

Comment

watch this video for the 'clarification' of what he said

Find all the latest Golf news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

what to believe.. what to believe..

Comment

he already did an interview from phoenix saying that he had no intention of that coming off as being "snotty" or accusing tiger of giving up.

to be honest though, i don't really think his "explanation" made any sense, seemed to be backtracking a whole lot, moreso "apologizing" and kissing butt to make sure the next time they play together he isn't given a death stare
          WITB

SM 2-5

Ping Anser 8.5* Matrix 6M3 Black Tie X
          Ping Anser 16.5* Matrix 7M3 Black Tie X
          Ping i25 19* Matrix HM3-95 Black Tie X
          Ping 4-W S55 KBS C-Taper X
          Ping Glide 52*SS 58*ES KBS Wedge X
          Kari Lajosi DD201 Mini Custom
          Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by aznives3 View Post
            he already did an interview from phoenix saying that he had no intention of that coming off as being "snotty" or accusing tiger of giving up.

to be honest though, i don't really think his "explanation" made any sense, seemed to be backtracking a whole lot, moreso "apologizing" and kissing butt to make sure the next time they play together he isn't given a death stare
            I think he had no idea that this would blow up the way it did - he was asked about his round and he answered. I suspect that as a rookie, he was unaware of how his comments could be interpreted.

I didn't get to see all that much of Tiger's round on Sunday as the coverage was focused so much on the leaders.

I think the "death stare" is only working at half power these days. It seems to be set at "stun" for now.
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

anyone playing with Woods these days has to realize that if a reporter sticks a mike into their face it will only be, " so what was it like to play ....." .

Any Reporters knows they can cop a cheque if they can dupe a rookie into saying something remotely controversial about their round with Tiger.

Comment

Were did this rookie come from under a rock ! what did he think was going to happen when someone asked him a loaded question like that. and the answer he gave DUH !
                GOLF NUT

Never Give Up

Comment

Where would red golf shirts be if it wasnt for sunday Tiger performances

Comment

I'm not in the habit of ripping people to shred for answering a question so I won't propagate the "who the hell is Brendan Steele to be saying this" opinion...BU.. I think you'd have to be really really stupid to essentially call out Tiger in the media. He doesn't forget, and I truly hope he uses this as motivation.

I think the PGA tour could use a little more hatred. I for one really enjoy hearing Tiger repeat 9 and 8 instead of answers or watching the awkwardness of Mickelson and Weir back when Mikey was relevant. Anytime there is a storyline it's good, I just wouldn't want to be the one who Tiger is pissed at.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
                      the kid definitely has balls to be saying that. I mean lets be honest sundays round wasnt tigers best but to say he gave up would be a little far fetched. the young guys coming off the nationwide tour i think need to realize that if it werent for Tiger Woods the PGA tour wouldnt be where it is today. and they certainly would not be taking home $900,000+ cheques for first place. Tiger has, and will continue to grow the game for the future generations in my opinion anyways. and every player going onto the PGA tour does owe him atleast a small bit of gratitude(imo)
                      Maybe Steele was trying to justify why he beat Tiger by five strokes and trying to help Tiger save face?

Comment

Originally posted by petvan View Post
                        Maybe Steele was trying to justify why he beat Tiger by five strokes and trying to help Tiger save face?
                        Tiger: 97 professional wins including 14 majors over 15 years

Brendan Steele: 5 professional wins (4 on the garden state tour) over 5 years

I think Tiger can "save face" without the help.

Comment

Originally posted by petvan View Post
                          not likely IMO,

I have not read the articles or watched any video but based on what I saw on the weekend from Tiger, especially on the 72 nd hole when he missed that par putt, was a different Tiger, a beaten down and unmotivated person.

In this sense I agree that he gave up. If you think back to when Tiger was in the hunt, it would not matter if a putt was for eagle, birdie, par, bogey he had his game face on and no matter what the circumstance wanted to get the ball in the hole.

After day 2 I did not see that look in Tiger, I saw an angry and very frustrated man who looked and acted miserable......not the Tiger of old who no matter what was in the zone and had his game face on until the last putt was holed.....

so IMO Tiger in a sense did give in or give up......so to speak

JMHO
                          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

From his body language on Sunday, I believe Tiger did give up. He also seemed perplexed and lost.

As for Steele making the comment, I think there's just being cordial to not say certain things about another competitor, Tiger Woods or not.

Comment

I would have had more respect for the guy if he stuck by his first comments.
                              TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                              TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                              TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                              Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                              Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                              100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                              X