Ouch ..catty

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch ..catty

WestwoodLee

Breaking news! Omeara/woods win in Dubai . 1 win in 18 months! http://yfrog.com/h2d8ponj
    about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Re: Ouch ..catty

He is probably trying to get a twitter response from Tiger!

Tiger has been ignoring Westwood and Poulter on twitter!
    What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
    - Arnold Palmer

Comment

He's peeved because even with so little to show in the last year and a half, Tiger is still the lead story on Golf Channel and the main draw. Westwood is kind of hoping that the winners and, you know, good golfers, might get some attention too. I can see why he gets panned for such and outrageous assertion.

Still and all, you would expect big Lee to learn Sergio's lesson from a few years ago: remember who remains the conductor on the gravy train of pro golf. Kaymer, Westwood, McDowell and McIlroy are great players, but Tiger keeps the purses high.

Comment

lee is off to a slow start this year ...64th +MC ..he should keep his head down

Comment

But Lee isn't trying to instill himself in that position, so his results are not what this is about. Rather, he has taken on the role of spokesman for the Euros on tour, and, I guess, as watchdog for the golf media that is too stuck on Tiger, in his view.

I am not defending Westwood's comments, but don't think that his stats are really at the heart of this "campaign" from Lee.

Comment

was he beating the same drum when he was #30? or is this new found camaraderie?

Comment

You guys are worse than those housewives from some hell hole on TV.

"Oh no, Westwood stated the obvious when he said '1st win in 18 months'...he's so gonna get it from Tiger!!!"
              Mike R.

Comment

Originally posted by Kace View Post

"Oh no, Westwood stated the obvious when he said '1st win in 18 months'...he's so gonna get it from Tiger!!!"
                orange county is not a hell hole

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post
                  orange county is not a hell hole
                  Jersey?
                  Mike R.

Comment

oh i forgot about them..monday isn't tv night

Comment

Jersey?
                      worse than a hell hole

a **** hole

Comment

But how is this not simply replicating the habit you are denouncing? Isn't "you **** are worse than **** with the way you do X,Y, and Z" just about the only staple line on those shows?

Comment

Originally posted by rankoutsider View Post
                          But how is this not simply replicating the habit you are denouncing? Isn't "you **** are worse than **** with the way you do X,Y, and Z" just about the only staple line on those shows?
                          Yup...the ironing is strong in my post.
                          Mike R.

Comment

Yup...the ironing is strong in my post.
                            Seems more like self-contradiction than "ironing" but whatever you say...

Comment

How many wins does Westwood have on the last decade on the PGA tour? That seems more relevant.

Appreciate Lee pointing out Tiger's struggles though, I had absolutely no IDE he wasn't playing well and thought there was still a deserving world #1.

Westwood needs to prove it or shutup. It takes a pretty big man take shots at a guy when he's down. Where wad Westwood for the past 15 years?!?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X