Collapse

Hunter Mahan Nice Guy but Choker

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hunter Mahan Nice Guy but Choker

The only problem with Hunter is that he really doesn't have an A+ short game and in fact for a pro it might only be considered a C. The rest of his game is almost flawless IMHO. Yes he might hit the odd bad shot under pressure, but he is one magnificent ball striker and will be a star on the PGA and world stage for a long time. The more "your there" the easier it becomes to relax. He will still be under great pressure in the majors and president/ryder cups, but he will succeed much more then he fails. You can take that to the bank!!!
    Last edited by Johnrw; Feb 26, 2012, 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhark View Post

upsets me? he is a choker & that is for sure ... i am sad for him

Hunter Mahan and the greatest choke artists of all time

Moments after Rickie Fowler gave the Americans a chance to win the Ryder Cup, Hunter Mahan flubbed it away.

Mahan succumbed to the pressure on the 17th hole Monday, chunking a chip to hand Europe a 14.5-13.5 victory in this year’s international golf showdown. Mahan’s inability to come through in the clutch looked even worse after the 21-year-old Fowler had birdied the final three holes of his round to earn a half-point and keep the U.S. in contention into the final match.
      he may be a choker in your eyes, but unless you are a card holder on the PGA, he's accomplished more than what you will ever accomplish in your lifetime. don't be a IDIOT

Also, thank you.
      A while ago, i used to say the same things about a young lady from hawaii on the LPGA. You now make me realize how stupid i sounded.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post
        how do you think you would do against him
        What are you talking about? Read what I said he went 4 and 1 in the last major MP event and nobody but Ballana semed to notice or picke him. I am saying how good he is!!!
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
          What are you talking about? Read what I said he went 4 and 1 in the last major MP event and nobody but Ballana semed to notice or picke him. I am saying how good he is!!!
          Not how I read it but sorry then.
          BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
          Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
          There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

sharkhark,
            i want to ask you a question.
            I notice you're from hailfax.

Why is it that people from the Maritimes have to let everybody know that they're from the Maritimes by having those big ugly NFLD stickers on their car windows???

Comment

Not how I read it but sorry then.
              Well, you do have problems with the big words.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
              TM SLDR 10.5*
              TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
              TM Rescue 22*
              4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
              Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
              Ping Ketch
              Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by the_har View Post
                sharkhark,

Why is it that people from the Maritimes have to let everybody know that they're from the Maritimes by having those big ugly NFLD stickers on their car windows???
                Actually, he's from Ontario and just recently moved to Halifax.

Not sure what that has to do with Hunter Mahan though.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
                TM SLDR 10.5*
                TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
                TM Rescue 22*
                4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
                Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
                Ping Ketch
                Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
                  Well, you do have problems with the big words.
                  As Rodney King once said...Can't we all just get along?
                  BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
                  Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
                  There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

sharkhark,

Sharky is from your home Ontario.

Those people who bare those stickers are extremely proud of where they come from. Not sure why it offends you (it sounds that way). Its a totally different world down there, the people are very friendly and wear their hearts on their sleeve, what you see is what you get. No matter where a Newfoundlander resides, NFLD is always Home. If you need a little help, you get an army. They will take strangers into their homes in time of need, feed them and clothe them, and make them 'honourary Newfies'. Its not just where they are from, its a way of life and its in their blood.

Quick question and I'll stop the threadjack....do you get equally offended when people fly the flags of their home countries (Spain, Italy, France...etc...) when its World Cup time?

On to Hunter....great win, and the guy had to come through a really tough field of top ranked players. I'll admit I was rooting for Rory, but it was a very deserving win!
                    "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

I would like to see Mahan to become a dominant player for me to take interest in watching him; his personality and bland life story alone ain't doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                        I would like to see Mahan to become a dominant player for me to take interest in watching him; his personality and bland life story alone ain't doing it.
                        Bland life story? Strong amateur career. Making millions on a game. Multiple winner on tour. Plays with emotion but hides it well during competition. Married to HIS ideal girl.

Not everyone has to walk around like a rock star or have a wild life like tiger. This is golf. Not a page out of national enquirer.

Comment

sharkhark,

A little lesson in Geography for you. Newfoundland is not part of the maritimes.
                          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Well that NOME putter sure gave him some life though....

He didn't have to scramble and chip though.

He looks to be in better shape and swinging consistent I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by focal View Post
                              Bland life story? Strong amateur career. Making millions on a game. Multiple winner on tour. Plays with emotion but hides it well during competition. Married to HIS ideal girl.

Not everyone has to walk around like a rock star or have a wild life like tiger. This is golf. Not a page out of national enquirer.
                              I appreciate the swagger of both McIlroy and Westy, and they both back them up; they give me rooting interest. Same can be said about Tiger and Phil. IP, AK and RF have a lot of swagger but can't really back it up.

In tier-1 events, he has never been considered a favorite; I think that speaks volume. His wins are mostly unexpected.

As I said in my post, I would like to see him emerging from his peers so that I care more when I watch him play.

As far as making millions, married to a trophy wife, and winning several times, there are a shrewd of players like that on tour that are equally bland.
                              Last edited by Bellyhungry; Feb 27, 2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

how do you think you would do against him
                                OK I uess I worded it wrong. I was pretty mad because I checked his President Cup MP results as well as Jim Furyk who had gone 5 for 5 V his 4 and 1, so I pick Jim instead of Hunter - Killed my picks among others.
                                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X