Collapse

Practice rounds at augusta

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice rounds at augusta

Is there any place to find info on how players have been doing on their practice rounds at augusta this year? Im in a big pool with lots of cash involved so Im trying to have that best strategy. Got all my pick but am un-sure between. Kuchar or Donald. Poulter or Mahan.

Re: Practice rounds at augusta

You wouldn't get much out of that even if it were available. Before the tournament, they're not trying to post numbers.

Originally posted by Agolf14 View Post
    Is there any place to find info on how players have been doing on their practice rounds at augusta this year? Im in a big pool with lots of cash involved so Im trying to have that best strategy. Got all my pick but am un-sure between. Kuchar or Donald. Poulter or Mahan.
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Have you checked Twitter? Honestly, I think all of those guys are on it and will usually post up how they're playing during practice rounds. Or their playing partners will post up how they are doing.
      Mike R.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
        You wouldn't get much out of that even if it were available. Before the tournament, they're not trying to post numbers.
        I agree with that - They're not trying to score, and as we all know - practice doesn't always translate into on-course performance anyways.

I've watched practice rounds at the Cdn Open a few years. Different players have different approaches - probably due to whether or not they're familiar with the course, and just differences in personalities. Watching a guy hit approach shots onto a green doesn't tell you anything unless you know what he's thinking. If he hits it back left - is that because he's trying to see if he can get there, or was he aiming front right and missed by a mile? Watching a guy miss the fairway left - was he trying to see how a fade would work out, but he didn't get it? Did he aim wrong? Will he decide to try that shot when it counts, or not?
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Saw Jiminez skip the ball across the pond at #16 yesterday.....it hit the water about 7 or 8 times.......made land and ended up about 4 feet from the pin.

Didn't think he had that shot in his bag....may come in handy if he's in contention Sunday afternoon
          Brampton

Comment

I have the PGA golf app on my iPhone. If you click the masters tournament, or just go to scoring, it lists all of the players that will be in the tourney. If you click the player's name and flip to the relevant stats page, it will show you what shots they shot on each of the holes they played.

I imagine this must be available on PGA.com too

Comment

I don't think you have first timers winning at Augusta..definately must
              be a good putter & a long driver will score on the par 5's..kinda
              sounds like Philly Mick!!!

Comment

There is no such thing as how they are doing in practice rounds. They may play some holes not others. They may hit multiple tee shots on a hole, they may never actually putt towards the hole currently cut on the green. They may hit stupid shots challenging water, sand or a specific tree just to see if its possible. I have been to masters practice rounds, and its just practice. Only a player will know how he is feeling through it. In 2009 I remember being at a practice round for Barclays @ Liberty National. I watched Ian Poulter pull hook 3 drives OB off of one tee. He finished T9.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X