Collapse

Was Y.E. Yang the beginning of the end for Woods

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Y.E. Yang the beginning of the end for Woods

As I see Yang near the top of the leaderboard, it has me thinking. Was the beginning of Woods' demise not hitting the fire hydrant but having a major stole out from under him by a relative unknown?

The mental impact on the game is obviously huge, could Woods doubting himself, getting into his own head too much have started August 16, 2009 at the PGA leading to his current inability to win much more then various female issues he's had since November 2009?

Re: Was Y.E. Yang the beginning of the end for Woods

well he missed the cut in the Open championship earlier that summer.....

Comment

HELL NO

Comment

I think the pre scandal Tiger has nerves that us normal golfers can never understand. Most of us get nervous already at the first tee when you have all these (not that many really) people watching. For the PGA, you have spectators surrounding the whole tee deck plus TV camera, cameras, etc. I am sure Tiger and others seasoned pro can shut out all these distractions when they play. Other than the few old guys that still hang around the Masters or British Open, I can bet all the others have one thing in mind when they play these professional event: "I am going to Win". Otherwise they won't even get to the level in golf.

The post divorced Tiger has yet to win anything. Nobody other than him can tell you what is holding him back. Is it the lack of women? Children custody? Swing changes? Nobody knows really....

Comment

I'm getting really tired of such comments/questions ......
          What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
          - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by grass connoisseur View Post
            As I see Yang near the top of the leaderboard, it has me thinking. Was the beginning of Woods' demise not hitting the fire hydrant but having a major stole out from under him by a relative unknown?

The mental impact on the game is obviously huge, could Woods doubting himself, getting into his own head too much have started August 16, 2009 at the PGA leading to his current inability to win much more then various female issues he's had since November 2009?
            While I started to see some problems with his putting before the PGA that year, I still agree that this was the start of the end. He was terrible on Sunday (missing 3-4 footers) and then followed it up at the Barcalay's with a brutal 72nd hole 8ft attempt to tie (or possibly win). His putting has just gotten worse to the point where I believe he has the yipps to some degree. The guy is a shadow of his former self and may never recover.

Then again I'm usually wrong about any future predictions
            Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by vijay View Post
              I'm getting really tired of such comments/questions ......
              Yeah, well I am getting really tired of posters who bother to read and post on threads that they are tired of.

Just sayin'
              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                Yeah, well I am getting really tired of posters who bother to read and post on threads that they are tired of.

Just sayin'
                Well, I'm getting tired of people who get tired of .... never mind .. we can go all day

Well, this happens every time a great sporting legend goes through a rough phase ....Jordan, Schumacher, Bradman (cricket), Tendulkar (cricket), Ali, Pele, Zidane ..... you get these doubters who predict their doom and gloom !!!
                What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
                - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by vijay View Post
                  Well, I'm getting tired of people who get tired of .... never mind .. we can go all day

Well, this happens every time a great sporting legend goes through a rough phase ....Jordan, Schumacher, Bradman (cricket), Tendulkar (cricket), Ali, Pele, Zidane ..... you get these doubters who predict their doom and gloom !!!
                  All good things must come to an end. With Tiger, the speculation (and that's all it is) is "when".

For the record (and I don't want to spoil your afternoon) I think Jordan, Shcumacher, Ali, Pele and Zidane (I don't follow cricket) aren't going through rough patches. I think their time is done. I'm willing to bet on it...

So one day Tiger will be done too. Just like Jack. And Arnie. And Sam. No one is waiting for them to come back (although Watson may have given us something to think about!).

As for whether or not it was Y.E. Yang's amazing win - I highly doubt that's the trigger. I believe Tiger is made of sterner stuff than that.

IF (and it's a big IF) Tiger's done, and not just in a slump - I think there's a much more likely set of events that caused it. That, and the effects of age and a pretty torquey swing for years.
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                    All good things must come to an end. With Tiger, the speculation (and that's all it is) is "when".

For the record (and I don't want to spoil your afternoon) I think Jordan, Shcumacher, Ali, Pele and Zidane (I don't follow cricket) aren't going through rough patches. I think their time is done. I'm willing to bet on it...

So one day Tiger will be done too. Just like Jack. And Arnie. And Sam. No one is waiting for them to come back (although Watson may have given us something to think about!).
                    I know these guys are done now ....but there was a time in their careers when people people doubted their ability to win big .......and all of them bounced back to silence their critics!

All these sports stars are victims of their own success ....they are held up to a higher standard than their peers ......

Yes, one day Tiger will be done too ...but that time is not now!
                    - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Absolutely not. Tiger is back! HE may not win but he is playing his best golf in 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by grass connoisseur View Post

Might wanna re-think your post after seeing how Tiger played his last 12 holes today, 8 under par.

I think he's got this one
                        What's in my bag?
                        Driver: Callaway FT-Tour 9.5 - Voodoo X
                        Titleist 905R 9.5 - V2 76 X
                        3 Wood: Titleist 906F4 15.5 - VS Proto 80 S
                        Hybrid: TM RAC TP Utility 19 - DG S300
                        Irons: Mizuno MP-60 4-PW - DG S300
                        Wedges: Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl 52*
                        Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl 56*
                        Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl 60*
                        Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
                        Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2
                        Scotty Cameron Tei3 Santa Fe2
                        TM Rossa Spider

Comment

I will wait until after round 3 before taking any bet on Tiger. In the beginning of round 2, all hope was gone!!! Then suddenly he played like it was 1997 again and went all the way up to Tied#3.

Comment

Originally posted by xrox View Post
                            While I started to see some problems with his putting before the PGA that year, I still agree that this was the start of the end. He was terrible on Sunday (missing 3-4 footers) and then followed it up at the Barcalay's with a brutal 72nd hole 8ft attempt to tie (or possibly win). His putting has just gotten worse to the point where I believe he has the yipps to some degree. The guy is a shadow of his former self and may never recover.

Then again I'm usually wrong about any future predictions
                            As usual my prediction was 180deg off and Tiger shoots 66 with 25 putts. Then he goes back to the yipps today with a 74 Brutal putting.....

Since all my predicitions are wrong I predict there is no chance he shoots 63 and wins tomorrow.
                            Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by xrox View Post
                              Since all my predicitions are wrong I predict there is no chance he shoots 63 and wins tomorrow.
                              Nailed it!
                              ----
                              Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X