Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does This Say About The State of The PGA Tour ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does This Say About The State of The PGA Tour ?

The PGA Tour is scrambling hard to find a sponsor for The Heritage at Harbour Town.

As of yet, there are no takers, and this may be the last year The PGA Tour visits Hilton Head.

A GREAT course, and a GREAT area. If The PGA Tour can't find a sponsor for this event, they're in BIG TROUBLE.

Uncle Timmy might not get his bonus next year.

Re: What Does This Say About The State of The PGA Tour ?

Originally posted by shankuverymuch View Post
    The PGA Tour is scrambling hard to find a sponsor for The Heritage at Harbour Town.

As of yet, there are no takers, and this may be the last year The PGA Tour visits Hilton Head.

A GREAT course, and a GREAT area. If The PGA Tour can't find a sponsor for this event, they're in BIG TROUBLE.

Uncle Timmy might not get his bonus next year.

it's a sign of the times.

Comment

that despite what the purists say parity sucks

Comment

"The Toronto Golf Nuts Heritage Classic at Harbor Town" has a nice ring to it. I'm in for fifty bucks. Who else?

Comment

It says less about the PGA Tour than it does about the state of the US economy.
          I like big putts and I cannot lie
          You other putters can't deny
          That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
          You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll View Post
            Yes

Originally posted by Richd View Post
            that despite what the purists say parity sucks
            No

Originally posted by Golden Bear View Post
            "The Toronto Golf Nuts Heritage Classic at Harbor Town" has a nice ring to it. I'm in for fifty bucks. Who else?
            ...Maybe...
            Confusion will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear View Post

Count me in !!! ( I hope the 50 bucks includes the caddie fees. )

Comment

Companies are re-evaluating the value of being associated with a golf tournament. The Valero Texas Open apparently reached out to a new demographic and they felt it's been very successful. Maybe in the future we will see new types of sponsors.

Comment

I can't agree with that... Corporations are spending record amounts on advertising this year. The tax deal that The PGA Tour struck with The IRS quite a few years back, makes a PGA Tour event a win-win situation from a corporate bottom line perspective.

If companies are shying away from The PGA Tour as a product, I think it says more about the product than the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by shankuverymuch View Post
                    I can't agree with that... Corporations are spending record amounts on advertising this year. The tax deal that The PGA Tour struck with The IRS quite a few years back, makes a PGA Tour event a win-win situation from a corporate bottom line perspective.

If companies are shying away from The PGA Tour as a product, I think it says more about the product than the economy.
                    i agree with that ..companies have more money on hand than they have had in half a century

Comment

GE should sponsor the event! 5.1 billion in profits and no taxes!

Don't worry, when Donald Trump becomes president of the United States, all the tournaments will be cancelled and organized at Trump courses .....
                      What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
                      - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by vijay View Post
                        or Oracle ..they say the have like $38 Billion in cash they cant repatriate

Comment

Don't worry, when Donald Trump becomes president of the United States, all the tournaments will be cancelled and organized at Trump courses .....
                          ...and all the golfers will have VERY BAD haircuts ... Change the Tournament name to The Comb-Over Classic.

Comment

I'm so proud of my bosses for $0 in taxes for 2010.
                            We do sponsor some events in Europe, but sponsoring golf in US might be seen as excessive spending, and would bring with it increased scrutiny, which we will try to avoid. But never say never.
                            FT-5 8.5* Oban Devotion 604, adams TL 14.5, TM Hybrids 16*and 19*, MX-200 5-PW, BV 48/8, 54/12, 58/12, SC Newport 1.5

Comment

Personally, I don't give a damn if tournaments have trouble getting sponsors. There will always be enough sponsorship to keep the calendar full of tournaments, and I'm not expecting to be lacking for golf to watch on TV. From a fan's standpoint, it's virtually meaningless. Less sponsorship means less money in the pockets of people already making gobs of money. None of that cash was coming our way anyway.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                TrGo
                                iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X