Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubba Long!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba Long!

When he is in form, he is simply amazing!

Bubba could have a monster year this year.

Round 1 & 2
    Driving Distance: 330 yds
    Driving Accuracy: 78.57%
    Green in Regulation: 86.11%

What can we learn from his swing and approach to golf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-8Er2w3Gkk
    What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
    - Arnold Palmer

Re: Bubba Long!

We can learn to get up and hit it... we can learn that you don't need swing gurus to get the ball around the course.

Bubba good...
    TM M1 10.5 Tensi 70 -X
    Nike Vapor 3wd GD Tour AD DI-7x
    Callaway BB Alpha 815 18 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
    MP-60 3-4 w/ Project X 6.5
    MP-32 5-PW w/ Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
    Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
    Sun Mountain 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
      We can learn to get up and hit it... we can learn that you don't need swing gurus to get the ball around the course.

Bubba good...
      yes, bubba played good today!

Golf must be simple for him. See ball ...hit ball.. long way!
      What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
      - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by vijay View Post
        yes, bubba played good today!

Golf must be simple for him. See ball ...hit ball.. Bubba long!
        Fixed it for ya!!!
        TM M1 10.5 Tensi 70 -X
        Nike Vapor 3wd GD Tour AD DI-7x
        Callaway BB Alpha 815 18 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
        MP-60 3-4 w/ Project X 6.5
        MP-32 5-PW w/ Project X 6.5
        Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
        Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
        Sun Mountain 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post

Bubba good...
          hopefully not fashion tips..

Comment

Originally posted by petvan View Post
            hopefully not fashion tips..
            Much better now that he's sportin the Travis Mathew line though.

Comment

On another note, it's cool to see David Hearn playing well. -5 after two rounds.
              Titleist 909D2 9.5*, 909F2 13.5* VooDoo X-Stiff
              Ping i15 3-P Z-Z65
              Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54*, 60*
              Ping i-Series Zing Putter
              Titleist NXT Tour (near mint)

Comment

Bubba is entertaining...both for himself and the gallery. But, I have my doubts that he will be a lasting presence on the Tour.

IMO he has too many non-grooved parts to his swing that will eventually start to become inconsistent. Unlike Furyk who has perfected an unconventional move into a consistent swing path and ball striking, Bubba seems to be making it up on every hole. Why try to hit a 70-yard hooked sand wedge into an open pin, except for the pure self-entertainment value of saying "Because I can"? At some point, what used to work, won't anymore and he will be searching for another "solution". Then the searches will become more frequent and because he does not rely on other eyes and/or opinions the self-doubt will creep in...and the downhill slide accelerates.

I hope I am wrong because I like Bubba's unconventional attitude and he appears to have a genuine "personality". But, I fear his window of success will be about two years. Then he will bounce back to the Nationwide Tour and after that....what?

Golf is a hard game....and sometimes a cruel one as well.

Rusty

Comment

I love watching Bubba play. I am constantly amazed when watching him.

I can't count how many times I've seen him hit the ball and thought "oooh boy, that is going faaaar left....wait...what?! HOW IS HE BESIDE THE PIN??!!"
                  What's in the Taylormade TMX Stand Bag:
                  Titleist 910D2 10.5* (w/ Oban Devotion)
                  RBZ 3w 15*
                  RBZ Tour 3h 18.5*
                  Adams CB2 4-GW (KBS Tour 90)
                  CG15 52*,56*

Putters:
                  Byron Morgan DH89x
                  Byron Morgan 611x

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                    Bubba is entertaining...both for himself and the gallery. But, I have my doubts that he will be a lasting presence on the Tour.

IMO he has too many non-grooved parts to his swing that will eventually start to become inconsistent. Unlike Furyk who has perfected an unconventional move into a consistent swing path and ball striking, Bubba seems to be making it up on every hole. Why try to hit a 70-yard hooked sand wedge into an open pin, except for the pure self-entertainment value of saying "Because I can"? At some point, what used to work, won't anymore and he will be searching for another "solution". Then the searches will become more frequent and because he does not rely on other eyes and/or opinions the self-doubt will creep in...and the downhill slide accelerates.

I hope I am wrong because I like Bubba's unconventional attitude and he appears to have a genuine "personality". But, I fear his window of success will be about two years. Then he will bounce back to the Nationwide Tour and after that....what?

Golf is a hard game....and sometimes a cruel one as well.

Rusty
                    Self entertainment, to satisfy his A.D.D.

Its an uncanny ability to hit those shots, but why hit the 40yd slinger from 130yds out when its a relatively open pin? Its also the reasons why he sometimes plays poorly.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. He is definately his own person...part of me likes him, part of me gets annoyed with him sometimes....especially when he is in Ben Crane's company.
                    "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

[QUOTE=Speeze;767276]On another note, it's cool to see David Hearn playing well. -5 after two rounds.[/QUOTE]

If Hearn finishes in the top 5 he may be ok for his card next year. This guy gets no respect in Canada. He was a solid player in the Nationwide tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Samick View Post
                        Self entertainment, to satisfy his A.D.D.

Its an uncanny ability to hit those shots, but why hit the 40yd slinger from 130yds out when its a relatively open pin? Its also the reasons why he sometimes plays poorly.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. He is definately his own person...part of me likes him, part of me gets annoyed with him sometimes....especially when he is in Ben Crane's company.

Doesn't he do that simply because he doesn't have a straight shot that he can rely on.
                        If the 30 yard slice is consistent, why not aim one fairway to the right?

I golfed that way for 30 years

My problem was that even the slice wasn't consistent, so sometimes it went straight were I was aiming for,,oops.

I feel much better playing when I hit it straight, with a small fade.
                        I would kill for a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
                          Doesn't he do that simply because he doesn't have a straight shot that he can rely on.
                          If the 30 yard slice is consistent, why not aim one fairway to the right?

I golfed that way for 30 years

My problem was that even the slice wasn't consistent, so sometimes it went straight were I was aiming for,,oops.

I feel much better playing when I hit it straight, with a small fade.
                          I would kill for a draw.
                          In short, no.

Bubba works the ball both ways, and not by small margins either. Its not uncommon to see him hit a 50yd cut or draw. Sometimes the shot/hole calls for it....but not THAT much.
                          "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

I love watching Bubba play. I agree that his method doesn't seem logical and it bugs me a bit as I'm rooting for him to win but at the same time, it's entertaining.

He's funny and I'm drawn to people that wear their hearts on their sleeve. Seems like a great guy.

I've never been a Mickleson fan but I sure enjoy watching his antics. You KNOW he's going for it, no matter how stupid it is to attempt or whats on the line. And thats just pure entertainment right there.
                            Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

The best group I can think of right now to follow on the course is Bubba and his best buddy Boo (if Boo is playing well at the time). They are both characters and extremely entertaining. On the rare occasions when they've played together, the gallery following them was one of the largest on the course. They'd both be part of one of my dream foursomes!!
                              U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                                TrGo
                                I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
                                Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X