Jordan Spieth (2), USA Tommy Fleetwood (17), England
    Hideki Matsuyama (3), Japan Francesco Molinari (18), Italy
    Justin Thomas (4), USA Patrick Reed (20), USA
    Rickie Fowler (8), USA Charley Hoffman (23), USA
    Henrik Stenson (9), Sweden Kevin Kisner (24), USA
    Brooks Koepka (11), USA Kevin Chappell (25), USA
    Matt Kuchar (12), USA Tiger Woods (tournament host), USA
    Justin Rose (13), England Daniel Berger (exemption), USA
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• Originally posted by elmeroil View Post

He absolutely swung too hard especially after having the injuries. I do believe he is still planning on playing the Hero.
      After his round at Trump National yesterday with DJ, Faxon and Trump, Brad Faxon reported that Tiger and DJ were split 50-50 on who had the longest drives on each hole.

That scares me. Not sure 41-year-old TW should be trying to keep up with young, fit, strong, long DJ. At least not this soon. Over on WRX there's lots of excitement about how fantastic he's hitting the ball. Back here in the real world I remain fearful for him. I would LOVE to see him try to ease back into the game, at least for a little while.

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

• It's been a full four years since Tiger has done anything significant with a golf club. If anyone can pull off something miraculous It's Tiger.
        In the last 4 years we have seen quackers and blocks, poor putting and some of the worst chipping I have ever seen on the pga tour. Add to this he was incarcerated just 6 months ago for impaired, while driving on a cocktail of sleeping pills and opiates.

So I'll wait until he finishes the full four rounds, odds are his stroke average will be in the 70's. We'll know in a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

After his round at Trump National yesterday with DJ, Faxon and Trump, Brad Faxon reported that Tiger and DJ were split 50-50 on who had the longest drives on each hole.

That scares me. Not sure 41-year-old TW should be trying to keep up with young, fit, strong, long DJ. At least not this soon. Over on WRX there's lots of excitement about how fantastic he's hitting the ball. Back here in the real world I remain fearful for him. I would LOVE to see him try to ease back into the game, at least for a little while.
          Has Trump tweeted how much he beat them by yet? Or is he too modest to brag about it?

Comment

• Latest offerings from William Hill (UK) odds for the HERO.
            Who's up to the CHALLENGE???
            They listed them in this order not me.

Hero World Challenge - Tournament Winner

11/2 Justin Thomas
            6/1 Dustin Johnson
            13/2 Jordan Spieth
            9/1 Rickie Fowler
            10/1 Brooks Koepka; Justin Rose
            12/1 Hideki Matsuyama
            16/1 Henrik Stenson
            20/1 Patrick Reed
            22/1 Daniel Berger
            25/1 Kevin Kisner; Matt Kuchar; Tommy Fleetwood
            28/1 Alex Noren; Francesco Molinari
            33/1 Charley Hoffman; Kevin Chappell; Tiger Woods

They have stretched Tiger from 20/1 to 33/1, so they must have seen a different Tiger than Brad Faxton did.
            Last edited by 4underthru9; Nov 27, 2017, 10:49 AM.
            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• This week, it is Tiger against the duo of Father Time + Golf.

Comment

• I hope he plays well and has a respectable performance. Not really expecting anything more.

Comment

• If Tiger improves on last year's result he can consider it a success.
                  I am hoping for Rickie and Jordan Play Off with Rosy in third,
                  TBS those 3 in any order will give me a payout on DraftKings.com.

Comment

• How Tiger could improve his ranking:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPeNfCgWsAAjzyJ.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	2714836

Comment

• Funny to think this thread started 6 years ago with this post:

Originally posted by jacuzzi View Post
                      http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...097419,00.html

Woods says he's healthy, ready to improve play Tiger WoodsLife in Pictures SINGAPORE (AP) —

Tiger Woods believes he's ready to return to top form after shaking off injuries that have undermined his performance for the last two years.The former world No. 1 says that he has been practicing frequently and getting his playing instincts back. "The last couple of years, I haven't really played as well as I'd like," Woods said Thursday during a one-day stopover in Singapore. "I made some changes in my swing and I've obviously been hurt and that kind of added to it." Now I'm healthy, playing again, playing more and playing consistently."Woods hasn't won a tournament since 2009 and has fallen out of the top 50 for the first time since he was a 20-year-old rookie in 1996. Woods played at the Frys.com Open last month and tied for 30th. He is scheduled to play in the Australian Open from Nov. 10-13.Woods chalked up his recent struggles to the "cyclical" nature of a golfer's career. "You look at everyone's career, you have these ebbs and flows," he said. "We don't play well all the time."

He's over there so now we can begin to see how he does.The above isn't much new but doesn't exactly ring with "I'm back".
                      Only two months ago, the thread was revived with THIS bleak news:

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                      Tiger May be Done Now...

He admits that it is possible he will not compete again.....

:https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ain/709361001/
                      And now here we are, waiting for Tiger to tee off in about 48 hours. I have no idea what to expect from his play, but he will probably move up in the rankings...

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
                      How Tiger could improve his ranking:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPeNfCgWsAAjzyJ.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	2714836

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tig...r-how-he-plays
                      That's an awfully big jump if he finishes DFL. Not that it really matters, it won't change anything for him or anyone else, it just points out the absurdity of giving points to every player in such a small field when one of them is only in it because he's the host. An odd situation, but no harm no foul in the long run.

...Iggy

Comment

• Tiger Tracker just tweeted this:

'JT anxious to play with Tiger but he’s also looking forward to “kicking his *** to be honest with you.”'

Stephen Ames may have some advice.
                        ...Iggy

Comment

• Different Tiger. Lucky Ames! Should not be to tough for JT. Ames would have his issues today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                            Tiger Tracker just tweeted this:

'JT anxious to play with Tiger but he’s also looking forward to “kicking his *** to be honest with you.”'

Stephen Ames may have some advice.
                            I liked the way Darren Clarke took care of business, sucking on a cigar and baiting both Tiger and Butch at the range.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to watching him play this weekend, no expectations.

Comment

• Notice anything a bit different about Tiger here? Maybe something missing?
                                Attached Files
                                Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                                TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                                TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                                TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                                TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                                Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                                5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                                Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                                Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                                Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment