Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are THEY now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where are THEY now?

    Who are "THEY"? Tiger bashers! that's who. So was Freddy still wrong?

    Two points won! And really can not blame him for the loss of the other two.
    With Stricker neither looked real good but in the loss with Johnson they were just outplayed. They did not really lose the International pair WON that one.

    I guess Freddy knew what he was doing.

    I guess the next to be bashed will be the Shark for picking Allenby instead of Singh.
    Life is great, Family is wonderful, Friends are indispensable!
    Golf is fun, but it is NOT life.

  • #2
    Re: Where are THEY now?

    i am a fan (fanboy to some), but it's not like tiger really lit it up. while he played really well to finish it off, don't forget that going into the last day, only Allenby had fewer points. tiger says it was his putting on the first three days, but his driving left something to be desired as well.

    i hope he keeps on improving cause he's just so much fun to watch. you can tell that his confidence still needs some time though when he says things like "i was hoping it wouldn't come down to my match". insert cliches about stars wanting the ball on the last play of the game, but years ago, could you imagine him saying that?
    What's in the TMX Stand Bag?

    10.5 SLDR w Diamana Flowerband X-flex
    SLDR 15* 3W
    TM Rescue 17*
    SLDR 5H
    TM M2 4-PW
    CG15 52/60
    Rossa Monza Corza

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Where are THEY now?

      I wouldn't be calling out TW fans after his performance this week.

      Like Ace said he wasn't exactly at the top when it came to his first 4 matches. He played really well in the singles but he still needs to win more and putt better for me to say he's back.
      TM M1 10.5 Tensi 70 -X
      Nike Vapor 3wd GD Tour AD DI-7x
      Callaway BB Alpha 815 18 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
      MP-60 3-4 w/ Project X 6.5
      MP-32 5-PW w/ Project X 6.5
      Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
      Sun Mountain 3.5

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Where are THEY now?

        Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
        I wouldn't be calling out TW fans after his performance this week.

        Like Ace said he wasn't exactly at the top when it came to his first 4 matches. He played really well in the singles but he still needs to win more and putt better for me to say he's back.

        You need to go back and watch.... What help did he get from Stricker?
        Then he wins with Johnson. In the loss with Johnson they both played well but were outplayed. That happens in match play. Then he wins his singles.
        Finished 2-2. Not bad for a TRUE HACK!!!
        My main point was no one said anything about Norman picking Allenby.
        Life is great, Family is wonderful, Friends are indispensable!
        Golf is fun, but it is NOT life.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Where are THEY now?

          Originally posted by dhacker56 View Post
          You need to go back and watch.... What help did he get from Stricker?
          Then he wins with Johnson. In the loss with Johnson they both played well but were outplayed. That happens in match play. Then he wins his singles.
          Finished 2-2. Not bad for a TRUE HACK!!!
          My main point was no one said anything about Norman picking Allenby.
          I would have never picked Allenby.... My captains pick would have been Louis O...tough to argue with the golf he's been playing.

          I watched and still think Tiger needs more time. He played well but didn't light it up that's for sure. I'm a Tiger fan by the way.
          TM M1 10.5 Tensi 70 -X
          Nike Vapor 3wd GD Tour AD DI-7x
          Callaway BB Alpha 815 18 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
          MP-60 3-4 w/ Project X 6.5
          MP-32 5-PW w/ Project X 6.5
          Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
          Sun Mountain 3.5

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Where are THEY now?

            Originally posted by dhacker56 View Post
            Who are "THEY"? Tiger bashers! that's who. So was Freddy still wrong?

            Two points won! And really can not blame him for the loss of the other two.
            With Stricker neither looked real good but in the loss with Johnson they were just outplayed. They did not really lose the International pair WON that one.

            I guess Freddy knew what he was doing.

            I guess the next to be bashed will be the Shark for picking Allenby instead of Singh.
            he did ok,but is still a poor excuse for a husband and father.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Where are THEY now?

              I'm right here.

              He batted .500. Whoop de doo... Still hasn't won anything individually in a while ... Call me when he puts together four great rounds.
              What's in the Hoofer:TM SLDR Mini 12 | TM R11s 3WD | Ping G30 3h | Ping G30 4-UW | Ping Glide 54, 58 SS | Ping Ketsch

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Where are THEY now?

                I personally don't care if it looks like Couples knew what he was doing or not by picking Woods. Keegan Bradley deserved to be there. Plus, there were others that should have been chosen before Woods. I hope Bradley has another opportunity to make the next Presidents Cup or the Ryder Cup teams. If something happens to him, such as career ending injury or worse, or if his game falls apart, and he doesn't get that opportunity in the future it will be a shame he didn't get his chance to play in this years Presidents Cup. It could have been a once in a lifetime opportunity he missed out on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Where are THEY now?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Where are THEY now?

                    Originally posted by dhacker56 View Post
                    Who are "THEY"? Tiger bashers! that's who. So was Freddy still wrong?

                    Two points won! And really can not blame him for the loss of the other two.
                    With Stricker neither looked real good but in the loss with Johnson they were just outplayed. They did not really lose the International pair WON that one.

                    I guess Freddy knew what he was doing.

                    I guess the next to be bashed will be the Shark for picking Allenby instead of Singh.
                    Just a wild stab....... dhacker has more than one Tiger poster on his wall!!!

                    Hey Tiger was outstanding yesterday, but I think a friendly match is hardly the determining factor of his return to prominence.
                    The cool thing about Tiger not dominating golf, is that maybe we can all get over this "Tiger lovers" vs " Tiger haters" mentality. Maybe now we can all just have guys that we follow and cheer for and stop the negative stuff!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Where are THEY now?

                      Originally posted by pugs View Post
                      I personally don't care if it looks like Couples knew what he was doing or not by picking Woods. Keegan Bradley deserved to be there. Plus, there were others that should have been chosen before Woods. I hope Bradley has another opportunity to make the next Presidents Cup or the Ryder Cup teams. If something happens to him, such as career ending injury or worse, or if his game falls apart, and he doesn't get that opportunity in the future it will be a shame he didn't get his chance to play in this years Presidents Cup. It could have been a once in a lifetime opportunity he missed out on.
                      Are you sure? The only people who deserved to be there made it in based on points. Couples could have chosen boo weekly and andres Gonzalez if he felt like it. That's what captains picks are, they give him the opportunity to put someone on the team who didn't earn their way on.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Where are THEY now?

                        From what I saw, Tiger managed to hit his iron where and how he wanted to the last 3 days better than any moment in the last 2 years. Many people paid attention because they wanted to see if he really was making progress, it does not really matter who he played and whom he got matched up with or against at the P-Cup.

                        His short game which was an abomination seems to have returned as well.

                        Even though the putts didn't drop on day 2 and 3, he was able to get them to tap-in range - anyone who has been paying close attention would agree that that was not the case the last 2 years.

                        A little redemption for Foley, I imagine.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Where are THEY now?

                          Originally posted by Tanner View Post
                          Are you sure? The only people who deserved to be there made it in based on points. Couples could have chosen boo weekly and andres Gonzalez if he felt like it. That's what captains picks are, they give him the opportunity to put someone on the team who didn't earn their way on.
                          Hey Tanner,
                          You hit the nail on the head. On Tour, whenever any player complains about a ruling or anything to do with the "system" that reduces their opportunities to compete..... the common answer is......"play better"
                          Every player that did not make the Prez Cup team had the chance to qualify on points..... Bradley (as great of a guy as he is) did not!!!
                          On another note, I do hope that everyone here realizes that this is about the least competitive event these guys play in all year...... it's all about ego (of being picked) and more important bonus's in their contracts.
                          Tiger being picked, added to TV ratings, which in turn added to the PGA Tour players pension fund...... that's all that really matters and the only reason these guys show up!!!
                          Note to those upset about anybody not being picked for the team...... don't lose sleep, the players aren't!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Where are THEY now?

                            Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                            Even though the putts didn't drop on day 2 and 3, he was able to get them to tap-in range - anyone who has been paying close attention would agree that that was not the case the last 2 years.
                            especially when the greens are running 14+!?!?!

                            nothing i've ever played has come close to that. fastest was probably paintbrush on a really windy day last summer after a couple of days with no rain. those tiers made it fun, but 14? that must be like greased glass
                            What's in the TMX Stand Bag?

                            10.5 SLDR w Diamana Flowerband X-flex
                            SLDR 15* 3W
                            TM Rescue 17*
                            SLDR 5H
                            TM M2 4-PW
                            CG15 52/60
                            Rossa Monza Corza

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Where are THEY now?

                              Re: Tiger vs. Keegan

                              Think about how ths event is funded - tickets, advertisers, and tv contracts. Who do you think the gallery/patrons want to see...Keegan Bradley or Tiger Woods? Tv fans...think they record golf to watch Keegan play?

                              This is an exhibition...supposed to be fun to watch...
                              What's In The Bag?
                              Titleist 909 D3 Diamana Red X Stiff
                              Titleist 910 F2
                              Mizuno MP63 4-PW S300
                              Vokey 50*
                              Vokey 56*
                              Vokey 62*
                              Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5
                              Pro-V1

                              Comment

                              TGN Spotlight

                              Collapse

                              • TrGo
                                TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                                TrGo
                                I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

                                The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

                                Here are the rules:
                                • Reply
                                ...
                                Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

                              Join The TGN Email List

                              Collapse


                              TGN Sponsors




                              TGN Sponsors

                              Working...
                              X