Collapse

Where are THEY now?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are THEY now?

Who are "THEY"? Tiger bashers! that's who. So was Freddy still wrong?

Two points won! And really can not blame him for the loss of the other two.
    With Stricker neither looked real good but in the loss with Johnson they were just outplayed. They did not really lose the International pair WON that one.

I guess Freddy knew what he was doing.

I guess the next to be bashed will be the Shark for picking Allenby instead of Singh.

Re: Where are THEY now?

i am a fan (fanboy to some), but it's not like tiger really lit it up. while he played really well to finish it off, don't forget that going into the last day, only Allenby had fewer points. tiger says it was his putting on the first three days, but his driving left something to be desired as well.

i hope he keeps on improving cause he's just so much fun to watch. you can tell that his confidence still needs some time though when he says things like "i was hoping it wouldn't come down to my match". insert cliches about stars wanting the ball on the last play of the game, but years ago, could you imagine him saying that?
    What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
    TM Rescue 17*
    TM M2 4-AW
    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

I wouldn't be calling out TW fans after his performance this week.

Like Ace said he wasn't exactly at the top when it came to his first 4 matches. He played really well in the singles but he still needs to win more and putt better for me to say he's back.
      Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
      Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
      Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
      Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
      Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
      Ping Hoofer

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
        I wouldn't be calling out TW fans after his performance this week.

Like Ace said he wasn't exactly at the top when it came to his first 4 matches. He played really well in the singles but he still needs to win more and putt better for me to say he's back.

You need to go back and watch.... What help did he get from Stricker?
        Then he wins with Johnson. In the loss with Johnson they both played well but were outplayed. That happens in match play. Then he wins his singles.
        Finished 2-2. Not bad for a TRUE HACK!!!
        My main point was no one said anything about Norman picking Allenby.

Comment

Originally posted by dhacker56 View Post
          You need to go back and watch.... What help did he get from Stricker?
          Then he wins with Johnson. In the loss with Johnson they both played well but were outplayed. That happens in match play. Then he wins his singles.
          Finished 2-2. Not bad for a TRUE HACK!!!
          My main point was no one said anything about Norman picking Allenby.
          I would have never picked Allenby.... My captains pick would have been Louis O...tough to argue with the golf he's been playing.

I watched and still think Tiger needs more time. He played well but didn't light it up that's for sure. I'm a Tiger fan by the way.
          Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
          Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
          Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
          Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
          Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
          Ping Hoofer

Comment

With Stricker neither looked real good but in the loss with Johnson they were just outplayed. They did not really lose the International pair WON that one.

I guess the next to be bashed will be the Shark for picking Allenby instead of Singh.
            he did ok,but is still a poor excuse for a husband and father.

Comment

I'm right here.

He batted .500. Whoop de doo... Still hasn't won anything individually in a while ... Call me when he puts together four great rounds.
              What's in the Hoofer:TM SLDR Mini 12 | TM R11s 3WD | Ping G30 3h | Ping G30 4-UW | Ping Glide 54, 58 SS | Ping Ketsch

Comment

I personally don't care if it looks like Couples knew what he was doing or not by picking Woods. Keegan Bradley deserved to be there. Plus, there were others that should have been chosen before Woods. I hope Bradley has another opportunity to make the next Presidents Cup or the Ryder Cup teams. If something happens to him, such as career ending injury or worse, or if his game falls apart, and he doesn't get that opportunity in the future it will be a shame he didn't get his chance to play in this years Presidents Cup. It could have been a once in a lifetime opportunity he missed out on.

Comment

Comment

Just a wild stab....... dhacker has more than one Tiger poster on his wall!!!

Hey Tiger was outstanding yesterday, but I think a friendly match is hardly the determining factor of his return to prominence.
                    The cool thing about Tiger not dominating golf, is that maybe we can all get over this "Tiger lovers" vs " Tiger haters" mentality. Maybe now we can all just have guys that we follow and cheer for and stop the negative stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by pugs View Post
                      I personally don't care if it looks like Couples knew what he was doing or not by picking Woods. Keegan Bradley deserved to be there. Plus, there were others that should have been chosen before Woods. I hope Bradley has another opportunity to make the next Presidents Cup or the Ryder Cup teams. If something happens to him, such as career ending injury or worse, or if his game falls apart, and he doesn't get that opportunity in the future it will be a shame he didn't get his chance to play in this years Presidents Cup. It could have been a once in a lifetime opportunity he missed out on.
                      Are you sure? The only people who deserved to be there made it in based on points. Couples could have chosen boo weekly and andres Gonzalez if he felt like it. That's what captains picks are, they give him the opportunity to put someone on the team who didn't earn their way on.

Comment

From what I saw, Tiger managed to hit his iron where and how he wanted to the last 3 days better than any moment in the last 2 years. Many people paid attention because they wanted to see if he really was making progress, it does not really matter who he played and whom he got matched up with or against at the P-Cup.

His short game which was an abomination seems to have returned as well.

Even though the putts didn't drop on day 2 and 3, he was able to get them to tap-in range - anyone who has been paying close attention would agree that that was not the case the last 2 years.

A little redemption for Foley, I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
                          Are you sure? The only people who deserved to be there made it in based on points. Couples could have chosen boo weekly and andres Gonzalez if he felt like it. That's what captains picks are, they give him the opportunity to put someone on the team who didn't earn their way on.
                          Hey Tanner,
                          You hit the nail on the head. On Tour, whenever any player complains about a ruling or anything to do with the "system" that reduces their opportunities to compete..... the common answer is......"play better"
                          Every player that did not make the Prez Cup team had the chance to qualify on points..... Bradley (as great of a guy as he is) did not!!!
                          On another note, I do hope that everyone here realizes that this is about the least competitive event these guys play in all year...... it's all about ego (of being picked) and more important bonus's in their contracts.
                          Tiger being picked, added to TV ratings, which in turn added to the PGA Tour players pension fund...... that's all that really matters and the only reason these guys show up!!!
                          Note to those upset about anybody not being picked for the team...... don't lose sleep, the players aren't!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                            Even though the putts didn't drop on day 2 and 3, he was able to get them to tap-in range - anyone who has been paying close attention would agree that that was not the case the last 2 years.
                            especially when the greens are running 14+!?!?!

nothing i've ever played has come close to that. fastest was probably paintbrush on a really windy day last summer after a couple of days with no rain. those tiers made it fun, but 14? that must be like greased glass
                            What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                            TM Rescue 17*
                            TM M2 4-AW
                            TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                            Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Re: Tiger vs. Keegan

Think about how ths event is funded - tickets, advertisers, and tv contracts. Who do you think the gallery/patrons want to see...Keegan Bradley or Tiger Woods? Tv fans...think they record golf to watch Keegan play?

This is an exhibition...supposed to be fun to watch...
                              What's In The Bag?
                              Titleist 909 D3 Diamana Red X Stiff
                              Titleist 910 F2
                              Mizuno MP63 4-PW S300
                              Vokey 50*
                              Vokey 56*
                              Vokey 62*
                              Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5
                              Pro-V1

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews