Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey! Jonny Miller, shut up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! Jonny Miller, shut up.

Hey there Johnny Miller. Why don't you just stop talking.

Seriously, we get it. No one is good at golf except for you in 1973.

Seriously, we know that no one ever hits good shots, they always hit bad shots. We know that you don't understand how tour pros can fail to execute because you were perfect for one day 40 years ago.

But seriously, Johnny, it's getting old. Just shut up. Please, just shut up.

Seriously.
    Whats in the Ping J-Bag

Driver: Taylormade R11s
    3wd: Rocketballz 3wd
    5Wd: R11s
    Hybrid: Adams pro black 23* (Matrix Ozik Stiff)
    5-PW: Taylormade Forged MB 5-PW
    Wedges: Cleveland CG 16 56*, 60*
    Putter: Rotates on a biweekly basis
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star YELLOW
    Garment Pocket:

Re: Hey! Jonny Miller, shut up.

They are commentators. They are paid to talk. If I get sick and tired of listening to them, I just turn down the volume and watch the action. Is Azinger, Faldo, etc. any better??

Comment

Originally posted by hackerhare View Post
      They are commentators. They are paid to talk. If I get sick and tired of listening to them, I just turn down the volume and watch the action. Is Azinger, Faldo, etc. any better??
      Yes, I think they are both much much better.
      Whats in the Ping J-Bag

Garment Pocket:

Comment

I don't always agree with Johnny, but I enjoy him. I'd be happier with him if he opened up more on the psychology of the game. For instance, his inability to putt late in his career drove him off the tour. He must know better than most how that eats away at your self-confidence. That's something he could and should use in analyzing today's players.

And just to set the record straight, he was one of golf's best ball strikers, and that talent lasted a long time.
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Does anyone else think that Feherty was trying too hard to be funny? Most of his one-liners were lame. I would rather have fewer but better one-liners.

Comment

Johnny Miller knows more about the game than anyone else on TV. He may talk too much but what he says is usually bang on, insightful, and enlightening. What I like most about him is he says what's on his mind - no holes barred. Who else on TV does that other than Don Cherry.

Comment

Johnny (and others) are paid to comment on the golf. If you don't want to hear them you have to turn off the sound. If they didn't talk they would be fired!

I happen to like Miller. He's very knowledgeable and he speaks his mind. I find those to be good qualities. He makes as many positive comments about shots as he does negatives. He called a number of shots 9 or 10 out of 10 yesterday, and they were spectacular shots.

He's much better than Faldo or Azinger.

As for Feherty - he is in danger of overdoing it. He has a brilliant wit and can come up with some terrific lines, but they have to be spontaneous and natural. His planned comedy is lame - I remember him reporting from somebody's terrible lie in the rough and when he returned he'd stuck a bunch of leaves and grasses on his pants. It was lame, and he can do so much better.

I remember a couple of years back when Vijay pulled a high wood to hit (7W? 9W?) and Feherty said that it was his grandma's favourite club...
              Confusion will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

I like Johnny Miller. I think he knows what he's talking about.

I much prefer Johnny Miller to Brandel Chamblee.

Miller has won two majors in his 32 professional wins(25 on the PGA).
                Chamblee has 2 wins total, one on the PGA and the other on the Nationwide.
                Driver -Titleist 913 Diamana D+ 72 x5ct S shaft
                Metal woods - 13* Titleist 980F Strong 3
                Hybrid - 19 * and 21*Titleist 585H
                Irons - Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
                SW - 56* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
                GW - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
                Cleveland 588 60* Lob wedge
                Putter _ Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
                Bag- Titleist
                Ball - Pro-V1x or Bridgestone B330 RX

NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                  Johnny (and others) are paid to comment on the golf. If you don't want to hear them you have to turn off the sound. If they didn't talk they would be fired!

I happen to like Miller. He's very knowledgeable and he speaks his mind. I find those to be good qualities. He makes as many positive comments about shots as he does negatives. He called a number of shots 9 or 10 out of 10 yesterday, and they were spectacular shots.

He's much better than Faldo or Azinger.

As for Feherty - he is in danger of overdoing it. He has a brilliant wit and can come up with some terrific lines, but they have to be spontaneous and natural. His planned comedy is lame - I remember him reporting from somebody's terrible lie in the rough and when he returned he'd stuck a bunch of leaves and grasses on his pants. It was lame, and he can do so much better.

I remember a couple of years back when Vijay pulled a high wood to hit (7W? 9W?) and Feherty said that it was his grandma's favourite club...
                  I like Johnny Miller, mainly because of his candid approach, but also because he only calls marquee tournaments. I recall reading somewhere a few years back that he only does 9 tournaments per year, so it is not like he is in our face all the time.

As for Feherty, I agree with you. He is fine giving some quick quips here and there, but if he is in the main booth, his schticks could wear thin very quick and he has a tendency to get out of control.

With respect to Zinger, I had a tweet exchange with him during this year's British Open re some comments he made and he ended up banning me.

Comment

Johnny is great though I would like him better if he could forget about his 63.

Feherty I just don't get and don't find him funny at all.

Zinger has his ups and downs but anyone who bans Belly is aces in my books.
                    I like big putts and I cannot lie
                    You other putters can't deny
                    That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                    You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dufferguy View Post
                      Johnny Miller knows more about the game than anyone else on TV. He may talk too much but what he says is usually bang on, insightful, and enlightening. What I like most about him is he says what's on his mind - no holes barred. Who else on TV does that other than Don Cherry.

I agree......Johnny Miller does a fantastic job.

like somebody said....just turn it off or down..........I love baseball but cannot stand Jamie Oliver or Rod Black ( anything they commentate) so just turn on the radio and listen toe Jerry announce the game and watch it on tv

have you ever heard Chris Berman or Mike Turico announce golf........it's enough to make you want to listen to country music instead
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by mdgolf View Post
                        Hey there Johnny Miller. Why don't you just stop talking.

Seriously, we get it. No one is good at golf except for you in 1973.

Seriously, we know that no one ever hits good shots, they always hit bad shots. We know that you don't understand how tour pros can fail to execute because you were perfect for one day 40 years ago.

But seriously, Johnny, it's getting old. Just shut up. Please, just shut up.

Seriously.
                        Are you crazy or just delusional?

Miller had a lot of high praise for several players.

Comment

I like Miller, but am glad he isn't there all the time. I'm a fan of Sir Nick though.
                          M2 9.5 w/ Aldila Rogue Silver
                          Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15 w/Aldila Rogue Silver
                          RBZ Tour 18.5 w/Matrix Altus
                          Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
                          Vokey 46 50 54 58
                          Odyssey Works 7

Comment

Quite apart from him sending you to the dog house, Belly, my respect for Zinger had earlier disappeared when he referred to "your President" in a tweet to another American with whom he disagreed. He appears to have forgotten that President Obama is the President and Commander in Chief of all Americans, including small "c" conservatives like Mr. Azinger.
                            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

I should maybe say that my outburst was not a reaction to the President's Cup coverage alone.

Rather, it is an admittedly immature overreaction to many years of what I consider to be unnecessarily valenced comments to the negative side.

My view is that commentary that could be neutralized (not to say commentary Should be neutral) is too often negative in a non-contributary way when it comes from Johnny.

Worlds of Respect to Sir Nick also to whoever mentioned that!

Originally posted by Malibook View Post
                              Are you crazy or just delusional?

Miller had a lot of high praise for several players.
                              Whats in the Ping J-Bag

Garment Pocket:

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                                TrGo
                                I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
                                Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X