Collapse

TGN 2012 Weekly PGA Tour Fantasy League

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGN 2012 Weekly PGA Tour Fantasy League

*****NOTE ***** There were a LOT of WDs ( not committed ) for The Hyundai T of C. Check your picks !!!!

Also check out the new prizes further down this thread !

Ya, I know the ink is barely dry on the 2011 season...

The 2012 TGN PGA Tour Weekly Fantasy League is up and ready for registration.

As always, it is COMPLETELY FREE to join.

There are quite a few changes this year.

1) We will be hosting our Fantasy League at http://FanRoto.com . More details on how to register after we discuss prizes.

2) The season is broken down into 3 mini-seasons:

Season 1 - The Hyundai Tournament of Champions up to and including The Masters. (TGN-1)

Season 2 - The RBC Heritage up to and including The Open Championship. (TGN-2)

Season 3 - The Travelers Championship to end of season. (TGN-3)

There will be a dozen balls ( Pentas ) to the winner of EACH of the mini-seasons.

I'm working on a prize for the overall season winner, and I'll update everyone when that is finalized.

Again, if anyone has any prizes or services they would like to donate as prizes, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure we can get a banner ad for anyone who donates prizes on our standings pages.

How to register and play:

To register, go to :

http://FanRoto.com

Use the "Sign Up" link from the top menu to register. If you are a Facebook member or Twitter member, you can use the Facebook or Twitter "Instant Registration" buttons on the right sidebar menu.

Once you are registered, you can login using the "Login" menu.

You will need to join the TGN private games. ( you need to join all 3 individually )

To Join the TGN games, use the "Members Area" menu, and select "Join a Private Game -> GOLF" .

Enter the Private Game Name: ( either TGN-1 or TGN-2 or TGN-3 )

Click on "Join Game" .

To Make / Edit your picks for each tournament:

Use the "Members Area" menu, and select "My Games -> GOLF -> Active Games .

You should see the Games you joined, and you can click on the "Pencil" icon to make or change your picks, or click on the "Magnifying Glass" icon to view the standings for that league. The standings update in real-time as the tournament is in progress.

The field is already up for The Hyundai Tournament of Champions, so you have lots of time to practice.

If you have any questions, you can PM me or post them here.

Good Luck all !!!

Shank
    Last edited by shankuverymuch; Jan 3, 2012, 11:24 PM.

Re: TGN 2012 Weekly PGA Tour Fantasy League

Hi Shank. I really enjoy these pools although I have never won. It the trill of the chase. I would like to donate $50.00 for the prize pool. It could buy a gift card for golf or perhaps diner. Let me know how to transfer the money to you. I better go register today, I dont want to miss any action.
    The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing. ~Phyllis Diller

Comment

Originally posted by 55plymouth View Post
      Hi Shank. I really enjoy these pools although I have never won. It the trill of the chase. I would like to donate $50.00 for the prize pool. It could buy a gift card for golf or perhaps diner. Let me know how to transfer the money to you. I better go register today, I dont want to miss any action.
      Thanks for the offer !

I was hoping that there would be people on the forum that were in the golf biz that would like to play and donate.

Let's see if anyone comes forward and donates.

...besides, you will need all your beer money for our weekly "Beer Money" pools !

Comment

Hey Shank,

I simply can't follow the weekly league. Perhaps you can run a pool/league just for the 4 majors.

Just my thought....

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
          Hey Shank,

I simply can't follow the weekly league. Perhaps you can run a pool/league just for the 4 majors.

Just my thought....
          We can certainly do that !

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
            Hey Shank,

Just my thought....
            Done !!! Follow the registration instructions above...

The private game name is 'TGN-Majors'.

If we get enough people in, I'll scare something up for a prize.

Shank

Comment

All joined up and ready to go. I can offer a $25 GolfTown gift card as a prize on behalf of Dogleg.ca.

Comment

Thanks for setting this up Shank. This will make watching the upcoming season even more entertaining.
                What's in my Bag...
                TM SuperTri TP 9.5* Accra Dymatch RT M4 50
                Adams 9033HF 15* Accra Dymatch RT M4 60
                Adams A12 Pro 22* Accra Dymatch RT M4 70
                Adams CB2 5-GW E21 5.0
                Vega Raw 52*,56*,60* KBS Hi-Rev 5.0
                ScottySelect Newport 2.0 Black 33.50''

Comment

Signed up and ready to win it this/next year.
                  Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                  Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                  Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                  Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                  Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                  Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                  Ping Hoofer

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
                    Signed up and ready to win it this/next year.

Bring it on !!!!

Comment

I will be signing up from Australia this year. I have the advantage since I am a day ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy09 View Post
                        I will be signing up from Australia this year. I have the advantage since I am a day ahead
                        Don't tell me I'm going to have to start posting closing times in both ET and Aussie time.

Comment

Originally posted by shankuverymuch View Post
                          Don't tell me I'm going to have to start posting closing times in both ET and Aussie time.
                          That sure help, with my scoring

Comment

I'm new but all signed up. I appreciate any prizes, but is it illegal to gamble?
                            What I was thinking is that for the 4 majors, there would be a $10 entry fee, but the winner doesn't get the prize, but the money be sent to his favourite charity. It's not important, but only a thought. If we could do that under the persons name he might just get a tax receipt in return, and that would be his winnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
                              I'm new but all signed up. I appreciate any prizes, but is it illegal to gamble?
                              What I was thinking is that for the 4 majors, there would be a $10 entry fee, but the winner doesn't get the prize, but the money be sent to his favourite charity. It's not important, but only a thought. If we could do that under the persons name he might just get a tax receipt in return, and that would be his winnings.

The short answer is it's not gambling. Fantasy Sports are considered a "Game of Skill".

Besides, we are not charging any entry fee at all.

I like the idea of having an event where the money goes to charity. It's a good way for us all to "give back".

Last year, the money that was generated from ad clicks was donated to charities for the majors. It wasn't much, but every little bit helps.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X