Allenby Ogilvy Put on the Gloves

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allenby Ogilvy Put on the Gloves

Re: Allenby Ogilvy Put on the Gloves

interesting story, definitely some truth to both sides and i hope he gets his game back on track soon.

what really got me though was Paul Gow...I know...Paul Who?

Calling out Allenby and saying he'll never win a major? At least Allenby's got a shot with what, 3 or 4 top ten finishes in various majors? This guy never won a PGA event or qualified for a major as far as i can tell...guys like that piss me off
    What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
    TM Rescue 17*
    TM M2 4-AW
    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

well..i rooted for the presidents team and even picked allenby in the tgn pool as a player...and he sucked it....sucked it large. to have such a history on that course and play that bad.
      man...he sucked. there were holes ...even par 3's where i just knew after awhile he would miss the green...his putting was horrendous. i am a ogilvy fan...i dont know what to think but no doubt as a pick...allenby was visble sulking around the course..as he sucked it.
      PING CAMO BAG...
      WEAPONS...
      SRIXON ZX5 10.5
      3W TM M2
      HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
      5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
      LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
      3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

maybe Ogilvy was upset about his 75 - 80 finish

Comment

Allenby appears to be a jerk. His interview before the playoff at the Oz Open was testament to that.

Comment

Norman is no Rommel, or even a Montgomery. His choice did not perform as well as Fred's. Allenby came off the goat when the Internationals got their noses tweaked. The fact that he is not a sympathetic character to begin with, only added to his discomfort as designated flagellant.

Comment

Your historical and biblical references cracked me up. If you keep this up, you'll be exiled to your very own Elba for being too erudite for us.

Originally posted by dekker View Post
              Norman is no Rommel, or even a Montgomery. His choice did not perform as well as Fred's. Allenby came off the goat when the Internationals got their noses tweaked. The fact that he is not a sympathetic character to begin with, only added to his discomfort as designated flagellant.
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                Your historical and biblical references cracked me up. If you keep this up, you'll be exiled to your very own Elba for being too erudite for us.
                Elba won't be the death of me, unless the wall paper hasn't been changed.

quote extract
                In 1980, Dr David Jones made a radio programme, broadcast by the BBC, in which he asked if anyone knew the colour of Napoleon's wallpaper on St Helena. As part of the programme, one of the stories that Dr Jones had told was one about Gosio's Disease. During the nineteenth century there had been a number of cases of arsenic poisoning that had caused some bewilderment. Some people became ill but others died. Arsenic was found in their bodies and foul play was sometimes suspected although in many cases it did not seem possible that the person had been poisoned deliberately. In 1893 an Italian Biochemist called Gosio worked out what was happening.

Scheele's Green was a colouring pigment that had been used in fabrics and wallpapers from about 1770. It was named after the Swedish chemist Scheele who invented it. The pigment was easy to make and was a bright green colour but under certain circumstances the copper arsenite could be deadly. Gosio discovered that if wallpaper containing Scheele's Green became damp and then became mouldy, the mould could carry out a chemical process to get rid of the copper arsenite. It converted it to a vapour form of arsenic, normally a mixture of arsine, dimethyl and trimethyl arsine which was very poisonous. If Napoleon's wallpaper had been green, it could possibly have contained arsenic, and this could have been the source of the arsenic in the hair sample. Napoleon might have been an early victim of Gosio's disease.

Comment

This is why I like to read your posts. I always learn something new!

Originally posted by dekker View Post
                  Elba won't be the death of me, unless the wall paper hasn't been changed.

quote extract
                  In 1980, Dr David Jones made a radio programme, broadcast by the BBC, in which he asked if anyone knew the colour of Napoleon's wallpaper on St Helena. As part of the programme, one of the stories that Dr Jones had told was one about Gosio's Disease. During the nineteenth century there had been a number of cases of arsenic poisoning that had caused some bewilderment. Some people became ill but others died. Arsenic was found in their bodies and foul play was sometimes suspected although in many cases it did not seem possible that the person had been poisoned deliberately. In 1893 an Italian Biochemist called Gosio worked out what was happening.

Scheele's Green was a colouring pigment that had been used in fabrics and wallpapers from about 1770. It was named after the Swedish chemist Scheele who invented it. The pigment was easy to make and was a bright green colour but under certain circumstances the copper arsenite could be deadly. Gosio discovered that if wallpaper containing Scheele's Green became damp and then became mouldy, the mould could carry out a chemical process to get rid of the copper arsenite. It converted it to a vapour form of arsenic, normally a mixture of arsine, dimethyl and trimethyl arsine which was very poisonous. If Napoleon's wallpaper had been green, it could possibly have contained arsenic, and this could have been the source of the arsenic in the hair sample. Napoleon might have been an early victim of Gosio's disease.
                  This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X