Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrie Area Golf Nuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrie Area Golf Nuts

So I finally picked this crazy game back up this past summer after about 8 years of complete inactivity. I was coerced back into it in August by some workmates who asked me to come out for a round at Simoro.

I never thought I would catch the bug again- the game was too expensive for me but I ended up playing almost twice a week right up until this past Saturday and still hoping to get out at least once more. A lot of this has to do with GolfNow which has made playing a round more affordable.

The problem I now have is that my buddies are mostly VERY HIGH handicappers and are happy with one round a month. I need to play more and don't mind going as a single but who you're actually paired up with is always a wild card. I'd love to find some guys who are in the same boat as me.

Since that first day back at Simoro, I have played there another couple of times and found my way onto many other tracks in the Barrie area including: Tangle Creek, Settler's Ghost, Innisfil Creek, Harbourview, Shanty Bay & Silver Brooke. Next year I'd like to add to that. You can also find me frequently at Cedar Links hitting a bucket throughout the summer.

I'll be honest with you- most of my rounds were booked through GolfNow. I'm not one of those guys who will just walk into a clubhouse and pay the going rate. Call it cheap but I would rather play 4 or 5 rounds at Shanty Bay or Settlers than walk in and pay the going rate at Tangle.

BTW- I'm 46 in December- my handicap is unofficial but I'm around an 18. I started out shooting mid-nineties this year but 4 of my last 7 rounds this year were 87, 84, 89, and 86 at Shanty Bay, Innisfil Creek, Silverbrooke, and Settler's Ghost respectively.

I know it's kinda late for a post like this but if you're in this area and interested in meeting others then drop a post and say hi. Maybe this can be the unofficial Barrie-Area Playing Partners thread.

Robb

Always looking for new playing partners. Much like yourself, I have caught the bug after a 10 year hiatus and although I started the sport this summer expecting to go casually, I seemed to get into it much more than expected and cannot settle for a round a month. I am also like you where I'd rather find great deals through GolfNow as supposed to the going rates at the course. Mind you, I love playing Nobleton Lakes and their twilight rates aren't so bad.

I am located in Vaughan, and if you are open to it, I'm sure we can find a course that meets half way if the opportunity arises.

Comment

Sounds good. I'd love to play some of the courses down that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Retoronto View Post
        Sounds good. I'd love to play some of the courses down that way.
        Nobleton Lakes and Bond Head are some great options.

Comment

Nice...you are like me...Hope to play with you guys next season Retoronto and prestacrusti.

Comment

Im up for a few rounds next year
            Im 57 shot in the mid 80s
            Just play for fun

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
              Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
              TrGo
              iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
            • TrGo
              TGN To-Do List
              TrGo
              Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
              Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
            X