Great Lakes Tour 2012

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Lakes Tour 2012

Originally posted by Big V View Post
    I know GTA AM Tour has differnt 'flights" depending on your cap.. Is the Great Lakes Tour literally for scratch golfers and they dont have 'flights'? I used to race motorcross competively and was going to give one of these tours a try because I miss competing but my golf game was never good enough. After reading all these posts I'm having second thoughts with my 12 handicap

One thing I will say about competing that I learned from my racing days.. One of the number one rules in racing is to not worry about where the guy is behind you when your out front.. "Ride your own race" we called it..The same applies in golf. When I'm playing a match and it's serious, I don't even look and see how the other guys I'm up against hit it.. I just worry about my own game and I think this really applies in any competition (applies less for match play maybe).
    If you want to compete against people that are your own skill level then the GTA Am tour is for you. Being a 12 handicap I wouldn't bother doing a GLT event.

Comment

That was my own fault for not looking into it before posting.. I thought the Great Lakes Tour was an AM tour... It's a cash money paying "Open" tour which means all scratch golfers.
      Golf, eat, sleep, work and re-peat

Comment

Gotta be better than scratch to even think about winning on that tour

Comment

Originally posted by Borbor View Post
          Gotta be better than scratch to even think about winning on that tour
          Or have the round of your life haha

Comment

Originally posted by fulton View Post
            If you want to compete against people that are your own skill level then the GTA Am tour is for you. Being a 12 handicap I wouldn't bother doing a GLT event.
            Great advice..heard nothing but great things about gta am tour.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X