Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ogio Bags at Sportchek, 40% off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ogio Bags at Sportchek, 40% off

some good deals here if you are looking for a bag

https://www.sportchek.ca/weekly-deal...gio-deals.html
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Thanks for the heads up! Been in the market for a new stand bag.

Anyone have any thoughts/feedback on the 2016 Gotham Stand Bag?

Comment

I've used a Gotham Stand Bag for a month now. Overall, quite pleased with it.
      It is decently light, legs work fine. Last few days, have played in the rain. Rain hood works fine. It is supposed to have a coating to repel water, but I did not really notice any difference. Have also played 2 rounds with walking cart and a few on power carts - no issues there either.
      So far 2 negatives which may or may not apply - I miss a scorecard pocket that is reachable while walking. Also there is a putter slot that is round but my putter head cover does not really fit (Scotty with the wider "neck") so I've put driver in the putter slot and the putter fully takes up one of the other 6 slots - so 5 slots for everything other than putter/driver..

Comment

Picked up the Gotham cart bag. In addition to the sale price, I used a 10% email sign up discount code. And with some discounted gift cards I had I think it was a good deal.

The bag is nice. Light weight for a cart bag (says 4.9 pounds on the tag and I believe it). Not a crazy amount of storage, but a good balance between size, weight and storage, and definitely suits my needs. There seems to be a pocket for everything, which I like. Really like the 6 small internal pockets for random items that I used to just toss into one pocket.

Only minor gripe is that the cooler pocket should either be bigger or just a regular pocket. As it is the pocket can squeeze in 2 500ml bottles of water. I think they really wanted to have a cooler pocket in this bag, but given the design constraints and for symmetry they had to put it where they did. I actually don't really care about a cooler pocket, so would have preferred they just made it a regular pocket. I know I can use it as a regular pocket, but the cooler material adds unnecessary bulk and a bit of weight. Overall a very minor gripe and not a big deal.

Club management is good. There are 15 slots including a large putter slot. I only carry 11 or 12 clubs, so club management and tangling isn't really an issue for me with any bag. But it looks like it would carry 14 clubs no problem.

Sits great on my Clicgear. Haven't used it on a cart yet, but seems like it would be fine.
        Home
        TaylorMade M2 10.5*
        TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP 21*
        Titleist AP1 712 5-W
        Titleist SM6 58*
        Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 360g

Away
        TaylorMade R9 SuperTri 10.5*
        TaylorMade R9 5 wood
        Ping G25 5-W
        Titleist SM2 52*, 56*, 60*
        Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 350g

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
          Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
          TrGo
          iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
        • TrGo
          TGN To-Do List
          TrGo
          Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
          Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
        X