Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part time weekend work with golf privileges at burlington golf course.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part time weekend work with golf privileges at burlington golf course.

Indian Wells in Burlington is looking for a weekend worker to to do sand traps sat and sun mornings. There will be a wage of 12 dollars an hour plus golf privileges, The shift will take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours with a 4 hour minimum wage each day. Shifts starting anywhere from 530 to 6 depending on time of year. I would also consider 2 workers doing rotating weekends or sat or sun. Email jwindianwells@hotmail.com for more details.

We golfers really appreciate the grounds crew, and forgive my ignorance ... but what does "to do sand traps" mean?
    Greg

Comment

Usually it's called trap "grooming" with one of these, also trimming the edges etc could even be adding sand but not usually this time of the year unless it's the course in the photo, better courses do it more regularly than others.

. Click image for larger version  Name:	trap.jpg Views:	2 Size:	13.2 KB ID:	2676150
      Last edited by 4underthru9; Aug 26, 2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
        We golfers really appreciate the grounds crew, and forgive my ignorance ... but what does "to do sand traps" mean?
        Really??
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Some folk don't get up for early morning golf, I guess.

Comment

I love the internet and how people interpret things. I get that "do sand traps" means maintenance, but I was looking for more details from the OP about what the job involves. In other words, if he's wanting the bunkers raked by hand, then it may suit a younger person. But if it means riding around in a tractor all morning, then it may suit someone older. I have a great network of people, so looking for details so I can spread the word. Seeing a job description/posting would be even better.

I know some of you are experts in Turf Crew responsibilities, but some of us need more info.

And can the OP elaborate about golf privileges? I assume that means free golf? How much free golf?
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
              I love the internet and how people interpret things. I get that "do sand traps" means maintenance, but I was looking for more details from the OP about what the job involves. In other words, if he's wanting the bunkers raked by hand, then it may suit a younger person. But if it means riding around in a tractor all morning, then it may suit someone older. I have a great network of people, so looking for details so I can spread the word. Seeing a job description/posting would be even better.

I know some of you are experts in Turf Crew responsibilities, but some of us need more info.

And can the OP elaborate about golf privileges? I assume that means free golf? How much free golf?
              How much more information do you need:

Email jwindianwells@hotmail.com for more details.

Comment

I don't think it's unreasonable for the OP to provide more detail if they're taking the time to create an account and make a post. Sure we could email them, but why not put a little more detail in your post and mitigate the need for useless email inquiries? Just sayin.....
                Callaway Diablos

Puddy: We're #1, we beat anybody! We're the Devils! The Devils!!

Comment

OK then, when I am looking a job; I just sit at home and wait for them to call me.
                  Nothing impresses a new boss, more than somebody who is complaining before they even have the job.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                    OK then, when I am looking a job; I just sit at home and wait for them to call me.
                    Nothing impresses a new boss, more than somebody who is complaining before they even have the job.
                    Fair point.

In a world dominated by social media, sometimes we forget to go direct to the source for the only reliable information.

Only OP can answer the questions. Since he's not been back, I'd assume he's not really interested in banter, just looking to hire someone. And that person will have to apply by email, as requested.
                    Confusion will be my epitaph
                    ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                      Perhaps the other side of this is that some of us are not looking for work.

Using social media to find employees is a great hiring tactic. But in most cases, you won't find your new hire this way. It's rarely going to be a direct "hit". On a site like this, it's more likely that some of us will pass the info onto someone we know who is looking for a job. I'm not going to do the work and email the guy, but if he included a job posting, I'd pass that on to my neighbours son, my daughters boyfriend, my client who just lost their job and so on. But the OP has to make it easier for us.

This is very much like posting in the BST without pics. Half an effort expecting good results.
                      Greg

Comment

You'd pass a "job posting" on.

So why wouldn't you cut and paste the OP into an email or a text if your know someone who's looking for a job?

Serious question.
                        Confusion will be my epitaph
                        ...Iggy

Comment

The employer is for someone looking for some casual work. It's low pay but the benefit being free golf. The target is people with free time, not someone who is adding onto their full time job. Likely retiree's, those folks are up early anyhow. I'm with the folks who think he needs to sell that job to people. Be specific about everything, it's like a BST post that says email me for pics.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                            TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
                            TrGo
                            I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
                            Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
                          • TrGo
                            TGN To-Do List
                            TrGo
                            Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                            Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                          X

Debug Information