Collapse

My Charity Golf Tornament This Summer

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charity Golf Tornament This Summer

Hello to everyone here I am new to this website but have been playing golf for a long time. I am currently in my first year of Humber PGM. I am currently working on trying to create a golf tournament to help find a cure for Brain Tumors. When my best friend in the world was young he had a brain tumor, luckily he survived. This past fall I was at a small driving range I found out about a charity called goalsforlily.com.

The story about the charity goes like this. Lily was the name of a young baby Lily Goodard, she was born with a brain tumor she put up a very strong fight but on November 1st 2004 she unfortunatly lost her fight. Now her parents Crista and Laurence are trying to raise money to help this cause. I am working with them to try and make a golf tournament but I need players to do this. I myself had brain surgery in grade 10, it wasn't for a brain tumor luckily but it really changed my life.

Our goal for the tournament is to raise at least $3000, I hope that you guys will be interested in playing. Here is the information for the tournament:

• Charity Name: Goals for Lily
    • The Cause or Purpose: To help find a way to stop brain tumors
    • Percentage of Profits going to charity: Min. $30 from each green fee and 100% of money from silent auction
    • Cost of player registration: $150 for green fees + min. $30 donation if you can donate more then thank you! If you don't want to golf or you know someone who doesn't want to golf, the cost for lunch is $15.50 + $4.50 donation to the charity.
    • Registration Deadline: May 30th 2006 I'm giving you guys a early start
    • Date and Time: Monday July 10th 8 am shotgun, 1am lunch and silent auction
    • Contact Information: goalsforlily.99erproductions.com
      goalsforlily@gmail.com
    • Other information: There will be closest to the pin contests, possibly on every par 3 at Lionhead. The 17th hole will be a hole in one contest where the winner wins a Harley Davidson (not for sure yet)
    • Donation Contest: I am currently in talks with some CPGA pro's to see if they will come. If the ones at the dimarco golf dome agree to come and play in the tournament, then there will be a contest, where the top donators will be paired with CPGA pro's. Where they will be able to get a free playing lesson.
    I hope to see some of the members from this site here.

Bradley Lawrence
    Backshop Manager
    Mississauga Golf and Country Club

Re: My Charity Golf Tornament This Summer

Silent Auction List:
    (will be updated as I go)

Cupons for 12 buckets of balls at the Dimarco Golf Dome.
    Golf Lessons from the Dimarco Golf Dome
    Johny Baurer signed poster and puck
    Signed Hockey sticks by Tod Bertuzi and Jay Wells hockey sticks

Brad Lawrence
    Backshop CO-Manager
    Mississaugua Golf Club

Comment

Re: My Charity Golf Tornament This Summer

Edit for two price changed Lionhead gave me.

Green fee now: $135 plus donation
      Lunch: $20

Sorry for having to change the price but they gave me new numbers all of a sudden.

Brad Lawrence
      Backshop CO-Manager
      Mississaugua Golf Club

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
      X