/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Most over-rated golf course in the Toronto area that you played in 2016.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most over-rated golf course in the Toronto area that you played in 2016.

Angus Glen gets my vote as the most over-rated in 2016. What do you think?

Re: Most over-rated golf course in the Toronto area that you played in 2016.

Ballantrae
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
      Ballantrae
      I never thought it was that great. Happy New Year, Big Shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by quickgreens View Post
        I never thought it was that great. Happy New Year, Big Shooter.

the fanboys will be along soon
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
          the fanboys will be along soon
          Easy Big Shooter. I don't know anyone who thinks it's great, just a very good value especially if you buy the prepaid packages. The par 3's are above average as a group, 17 is exceptional. Green complexes are interesting. Fairways are generous but the around the greens is difficult which is a nice balance.

Comment

I don't know about over rated, whose rating are we using? However I do know some over priced courses.

Richmond Hill $80/$90 <<<that's the biggest joke
            St.Andrews Valley $89/$99
            Royal Woodbine $99 <<<pretty close second
            Pheasant Run $69/$79
            Pipers Heath $90

You can add some of the $150+ courses to that list. Copper Head, Bond Head etc. I'm not saying they are not good, they just charge more than what I think they're worth.
            Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
            Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
              I don't know about over rated, whose rating are we using? However I do know some over priced courses.

Richmond Hill $80/$90 <<<that's the biggest joke
              St.Andrews Valley $89/$99
              Royal Woodbine $99 <<<pretty close second
              Pheasant Run $69/$79
              Pipers Heath $90

You can add some of the $150+ courses to that list. Copper Head, Bond Head etc. I'm not saying they are not good, they just charge more than what I think they're worth.
              Over-rated...over-priced...who cares? There are courses out there that many people consider to be wonderful for no really good reason. What course do you think is over-rated by the golf community? Not a very difficult question. You know...a course that thinks it is the **** but is just ordinary at best.

Comment

Originally posted by pudubny View Post
                Easy Big Shooter. I don't know anyone who thinks it's great, just a very good value especially if you buy the prepaid packages. The par 3's are above average as a group, 17 is exceptional. Green complexes are interesting. Fairways are generous but the around the greens is difficult which is a nice balance.
                What is exceptional about the 17th hole?

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post
                  What is exceptional about the 17th hole?
                  Absolutely nothing.

Comment

Absolutely nothing.
                    I disagree, it's a semi-Redan design. The green is sloped from right to left, significantly. So aiming at several pin positions is not always the best play. For example, When the pin is front right, you are actually better off landing your ball to the right of the green and letting it roll on if you want to get it close, especially if you hit a draw. If you land your ball 4 feet left of the pin, you will likely have at least a 15ft coming back to it. Not unusual to have a much longer putt in that situation because the slope takes it away from the flag. Their are several pin positions like that on that green. very few par 3's or greens in general make you think about not aiming at the flag if you want to get it close much less aiming away from the green.

Comment

Goodness, did you start this thread with the sole purpose of being sour?
                      Last edited by Mule56; Jan 1, 2017, 07:07 AM. Reason: Removed deleted quote

Comment

Originally posted by AverageJoe View Post
                        Goodness, did you start this thread with the sole purpose of being sour?
                        Maybe I did.

Comment

Maybe I did.
                          Maybe I'll put an end to it.
                          In The Ogio
                          Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
                          Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
                          Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
                          Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
                          Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
                          Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
                          MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

i can see that no grass will be growing under your feet in 2017.

Originally posted by Mule56 View Post
                            Maybe I'll put an end to it.
                            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

My pick goes to "Wooden Sticks", I know many will disagree but in my time played it probably 20 times and though it has some fascinating holes some of the so called duplicates are a bit of a joke, especially if you have actually played the originals.
                              Why play it 20 times you ask, because in the days of government approved tax write offs it was a dream place to take clients and prospects.
                              Where else could you get all this included:
                              Breakfast or Lunch.
                              All the Practice Range time you needed with the help of a teaching Pro.
                              Eighteen Holes of Golf.
                              Lunch or Dinner.
                              Some Great Pro Shop deals.
                              At least 6 hours of fun time Face to Face with a client or prospect
                              all on the company Master Card: PRICELESS.
                              As a Golf Course though, IMO, overrated.
                              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X