Re: The best public course in the GTA of 2016

Originally posted by swingeasyguy View Post
    1 Eagles Nes
    2 Woodington Lakes old course
    3 Bond Head north
    4 Silver Lakes
    (haven't played Osprey)
    5 royal Ashburn
    Silver Lakes wasn't all that impressive. Swap in Piper's Heath and I won't complain about your choices. Know nothing about RA but I'll give you that one
    I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
      Silver Lakes wasn't all that impressive. Swap in Piper's Heath and I won't complain about your choices. Know nothing about RA but I'll give you that one
      Personally, I prefer Silver Lakes over Pipers Heath. Primarily because I feel like I'm in South Carolina at Silver Lakes.
      Keeping Score: Golf Courses 1710, Me 1

Comment

Royal Ontario, can be had under 60 with cart through Golf Now and the course has everything for a good golfing test.

Comment

Originally posted by mtshapcott View Post
          Personally, I prefer Silver Lakes over Pipers Heath. Primarily because I feel like I'm in South Carolina at Silver Lakes.
          I'll agree with you on Silver Lakes - has a low country feel. Piper's it's over watered and manufactured. They're the home of the great staff who can't seem to do anything to prevent a five hour round.

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum View Post
          Royal Ontario, can be had under 60 with cart through Golf Now and the course has everything for a good golfing test.
          Yes, it tests your patience, temper, and focus. It'a a decent course, but play it after 9am on the weekend and it's a 5.5 hour round.
          In the bag:
          R15 12° PXV 6.0
          SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
          Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
          Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
          Vokey SM5 54, 58
          Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post
            Has a tonne of potential that's for sure. Only hole I don't like is 7?, doesn't make sense to me to have a muni with a par3 forced carry of 160+ and absolutely no bailout. Other than that par 3, great course, and clan play very tough if the wind gets up!
            Isn't Braeben always windy because it is built on top of a garbage dump.

I personally love the course. I find it very challenging.

Comment

Fair comments re Piper's and Silver Lakes. I went to both courses with high expectations and while Piper's delivered Silver Lakes did not. I actually forgot how many people like Silver Lakes so much. Tbh I would rather play Cranberry's layout over Silver Lakes's but not the 5+ hour round there lol.

And yeah I know Cranberry isn't GTA, was just making my point.
              I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X