Collapse

Removing weight on 915 fairway wood

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing weight on 915 fairway wood

Just wondering if I remove the weight out of my 915 fairway and plug the weight port with either plastic or metal screw would the club become non conforming for play or no? I'm thinking of hot melting the head and move as much weight as possible to the rear of the head. thx

Re: Removing weight on 915 fairway wood

Originally posted by TeeItHi View Post
    Just wondering if I remove the weight out of my 915 fairway and plug the weight port with either plastic or metal screw would the club become non conforming for play or no? I'm thinking of hot melting the head and move as much weight as possible to the rear of the head. thx

As long as the hole is plugged or covered you are good. I believe Luke Donald was DQ'd 2 years ago because the whole was not plugged.
    WITB:

Driver: Epic Sub Zero (10.5) Fujikura Pro Green 62
    3 wood: Callaway XR Deep (14) VTS Silver 7
    5 wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro (19) VTS Silver 8
    Hybrid: Ping Anser (20) Recoil Irod 85
    Iron: Titleist 712u (26) Steelfiber i110
    Irons: Miura CB-57 (6-PW) Steelfiber i110
    Wedges: Miura 1957 Y Grind (51) Recoil Proto 125
    Miura 1957 K Grind (56) Recoil Proto 125
    Vokey TVD prototype V Grind (61) KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: Bettinardi - Inovai

Comment

thx that's what I thought

Comment

Would removing the screw make it easier to hit?
        I currently use 913f and bought a 915f and the result is not good. I keep topping the ball on 915.. I was thinking its because of the weight that is forward... let me know if this was to help your ball striking! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by y2ball View Post
          I currently use 913f and bought a 915f and the result is not good. I keep topping the ball on 915.. I was thinking its because of the weight that is forward... let me know if this was to help your ball striking! Thanks!
          I don't know if it would make a diference but you could remove it and weight it.
          You could also use lead tape in the back while the screw is out and see what gives

Possibly if it's heavy you could use a lighter screw sold by Titleist or Golfworks:

Comment

Maybe it's a swing fault? The operator instead of the equipment?

Comment

I also have a hard time getting this club launching higher. So it could be the indian as well and not the arrow. lol also I'm also have a hard time setting up square to the ball with this club, it seems to always wanna set up a little left with the face angle. I'm not sure if its my grip or just the club. lol

I now hot melted this club will will play is without the weight and we'll see if...

Comment

does the 915f work for you off the T?
                things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                  does the 915f work for you off the T?
                  its FD not F... but yes its a little easier to hit with the T

Comment

its FD not F... but yes its a little easier to hit with the T
                    FD is the closed face draw version of the 915f series, hence your, "it seems to always wanna set up a little left with the face angle", observation.
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

FD is the closed face draw version of the 915f series, hence your, "it seems to always wanna set up a little left with the face angle", observation.
                      I'm not seeing anywhere online that the Fd is a closed face version... Do you have the link?

All I can find is that it's a deeper face and more for working the ball both ways. And not draw bias.

Comment

I'm not seeing anywhere online that the Fd is a closed face version... Do you have the link?

All I can find is that it's a deeper face and more for working the ball both ways. And not draw bias.
                        sometimes you have to read between the lines.
                        The Fd's smaller head, deeper face, and weight forward, doesn't explicitly state a "draw bias," but those three are "hardware" prerequisites for an easier draw shot.
                        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Pros: The 915F and 915Fd are longer and lower spinning than their predecessors. Titleist leads the way in loft, lie and face angle options, and offers an impressive variety of premium stock shafts. Cons: Compact head shapes could intimidate less accomplished players. Who are they for? Golfers looking for well-rounded fairway woods that maintain traditional looks, sound and feel. These […]

The 915F is Titleist’s larger, higher-spinning fairway wood, which will also launch higher for the majority of golfers. It measures 165 cubic centimeters (at 15-degrees) and has a slightly shallower face than the company’s 915Fd fairway wood.

Golfers who needed less spin generally fit into the Fd model, while most others played the standard F model.

Comment

sometimes you have to read between the lines.
                            The Fd's smaller head, deeper face, and weight forward, doesn't explicitly state a "draw bias," but those three are "hardware" prerequisites for an easier draw shot.
                            haha now you're just making sh1t up. lol "read between the lines" lol
                            i really would like to know where you get the idea of those 3 things would equal to an easier draw shot?

i don't think this club is draw bias or close face. its low spinning/ball flight for sure and very workable. all im saying is sometimes i tend to set up with a shut face... i don't miss this club left anymore than i miss right. this club is as square as any other titleist fairway woods i've ever owned.

Comment

haha now you're just making sh1t up. lol "read between the lines" lol
                              i really would like to know where you get the idea of those 3 things would equal to an easier draw shot?

i don't think this club is draw bias or close face. its low spinning/ball flight for sure and very workable. all im saying is sometimes i tend to set up with a shut face... i don't miss this club left anymore than i miss right. this club is as square as any other titleist fairway woods i've ever owned.

I don't make anything up. Smarter guys have done that for me already.
                              Any club ,whether driver, Fw wood, hybrid or iron will be more workable if the COG is even slightly more forward.
                              MyGolfSpy has done that for you if you care to read up on it.

The future of driver design might just be smaller than the size of a dime. It might also trump all the other technology advances in club design. It's hidden away, it barely moves, yet just a couple millimeters can be the difference between the longest driver in golf and the shortest. What is it? Come find out!

and part deux
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X