Collapse

Donald Rump - singularly unsuited to be POTUS

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Donald Rump - singularly unsuited to be POTUS

I laughed at the "germophobe" defense. The next 4 years will certainly not be boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Pingnut View Post
      I tried to listen.. tremendously boring, best of the best at being boring..
      I've never heard a President (elect or not) spend so much of a press conference patting himself on the back. And continuing to bash Hillary - note to Donald: The election is over.

Apparently he does business all around the world (and very very well, I must say). But never in Russia. "I have many contacts in Russia and it is a huge business opportunity, but that's the one I've had no business with."

Luckily he's put all his business assets at arm's length. They will be run by his sons and they will never talk to him about them. That's a huge relief.

Good job of having the tax lawyer go on and on about details while the audience and press's eyes glaze over. He is a master communicator, in his own way.

Did I just hear that all Trump Hotel revenues from foreign dignitaries will be foregone by Trumpco and donated to the Treasury? Interesting...

Did he just refuse to take any questions from CNN?

"You are fake news!" says the guy who spent 8 years birthering Obama, and said Ted Cruz's father helped kill JFK
      Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Jan 11, 2017, 03:00 PM.
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

So the BBC is reporting credible information on multiple Trump sex tapes from multiple dates and locations in Russia. I am so much reminded of the leadup to Rob Ford and when he hit his tipping point, it seemed to stories started to accelerate as more and more people were less afraid of leaking info was coupled with more and more people turning over every rock they can find.

I have no idea how this ends but it has the familiar feel that Trump will hit a tipping point where he can no longer be stomached and off a cliff he will go. Starting to seem like just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
          So the BBC is reporting credible information on multiple Trump sex tapes from multiple dates and locations in Russia. I am so much reminded of the leadup to Rob Ford and when he hit his tipping point, it seemed to stories started to accelerate as more and more people were less afraid of leaking info was coupled with more and more people turning over every rock they can find.

I have no idea how this ends but it has the familiar feel that Trump will hit a tipping point where he can no longer be stomached and off a cliff he will go. Starting to seem like just a matter of time.
          If he can argue Obama was born in Kenya for 8 years then he should understand the playing field. In Trump's world the truth doesn't matter, why should the rest of the world behave differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
            If he can argue Obama was born in Kenya for 8 years then he should understand the playing field. In Trump's world the truth doesn't matter, why should the rest of the world behave differently.
            I have no doubt his core of supporters will never be swayed but the truth of the matter is they were not enough to get him voted in. To get voted in he needed a lot of people to look the other way or hold their nose and vote. The tipping point will be when enough of them realize this was a bad move. These things tend to have a momentum that is hard to reverse in either direction. Just as the momentum went over the election in Trump;s favour it looks like now it is swing back the other way.

Not so much about Trump now and much more about how the US populace reacts and the rest of the political machine reacts to their reaction.

Comment

By "credible info" do you mean this report:
              Paul Wood examines the background and fallout concerning the allegations about the president-elect.

While the info has caused various US agencies to investigate, it was never been credible enough for BBC to report before this week. It's possible they will find something but I'd say we are are a ways off before the report made by a former MI6 agent is called "credible."

Comment

The former MI6 agent is Christopher Steele. He was hired by a research firm working for Democrats looking for damaging material on Trump. After flying to Moscow on their dime, he came back with sensational/unverified accounts of compromising material that the Russian intelligence service had supposedly obtained about Trump. As soon as CNN and Buzzfeed released the details, it forced all other mainstream media to report on it.

Strap on your seatbelts folks, this is how the news cycle is going to unfold for the next while.

Comment

Originally posted by sauerkraut View Post
                  The former MI6 agent is Christopher Steele. He was hired by a research firm working for Democrats looking for damaging material on Trump. After flying to Moscow on their dime, he came back with sensational/unverified accounts of compromising material that the Russian intelligence service had supposedly obtained about Trump. As soon as CNN and Buzzfeed released the details, it forced all other mainstream media to report on it.

Strap on your seatbelts folks, this is how the news cycle is going to unfold for the next while.
                  MI6 agent with a name like Christopher Steele flying to Moscow to work with double agents in the FSB. Sounds like I'm reading a Ludlum novel

Comment

MI6 agent with a name like Christopher Steele flying to Moscow to work with double agents in the FSB. Sounds like I'm reading a Ludlum novel
                    It gets better. Steele went into hiding today, fearing for his life. He expects a Moscow reprisal (remember Alexander Litvinenko?)

Comment

It gets better. Steele went into hiding today, fearing for his life. He expects a Moscow reprisal (remember Alexander Litvinenko?)
                      Radioactive poisoning?

Comment

Radioactive poisoning? Didn't remember the name but remember the story.

Comment

I have no doubt his core of supporters will never be swayed but the truth of the matter is they were not enough to get him voted in. To get voted in he needed a lot of people to look the other way or hold their nose and vote. The tipping point will be when enough of them realize this was a bad move. These things tend to have a momentum that is hard to reverse in either direction. Just as the momentum went over the election in Trump;s favour it looks like now it is swing back the other way.

Not so much about Trump now and much more about how the US populace reacts and the rest of the political machine reacts to their reaction.
                          I have a feeling Trump will revert running in the not to near future. That said I just don't see a way the world is lucky enough for him to be removed from power.
                          Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                          TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                          TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                          TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                          TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                          Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                          5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                          Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                          Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                          Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Radioactive poisoning?
                            Ya isn't he the guy they slipped something into his drink and it killed him shortly after?
                            Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                            TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                            TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                            TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                            TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                            Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                            5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                            Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                            Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                            Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

think about this rationally, just for a minute.

A "former" MI6 agent goes to Russia and ask question about Trump on behest of the Dems.
                              Christopher Steel was known to the FSB and yet traveled there and about unnoticed?
                              This isn't Bourne again shiat.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                                think about this rationally, just for a minute.

A "former" MI6 agent goes to Russia and ask question about Trump on behest of the Dems.
                                Christopher Steel was known to the FSB and yet traveled there and about unnoticed?
                                This isn't Bourne again shiat.
                                I thought that was what spies did?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X