Theoretical Max. Driver Distance ?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Theoretical Max. Driver Distance ?

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
    to make the test meaningful you should have shafts that vary in flex.
    Acknowledged, but unless TGNers donate clubs for this test, don't have clubs with different shafts to test. Although, more drivers is just what i desperately need before our downsizing move, lol.
    But i think that my three Nikes will provide some meaningful data/results at least as the loft is involved, no ?

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
    That will be a decent test. But what do u plan on doing?
    Well, i play on a little 9 hole course, with a wide open 1st, and only par 4 hole on the course, which plays ALL OF ITS 330 YARDS FROM BLUE TEES, LOL. The course can be totally empty for hours on a slow day, especially at Sunset, so that will be my testing ground. My beautiful old Wife will stand behind me and telling me the trajectories, much more accurately than a Trackman could do . Will have to ease up a bit on my drives so i don't fly the green . And obviously, i'll use brand new balls, properly marked so will know the clubs that hit them. And i'll try many t-shots over a number of days, to add some statistical significance to the test.
    Cheers !
    Last edited by veryold; Dec 21, 2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Is that Parkfirld? Lol can I come sounds like a fun day!

Comment

Is that Parkfirld? Lol can I come sounds like a fun day!

It's Grand Highland GC, Kennedy and Eglinton, built on the Mississauga's first garbage mountain. Sorry about the location, but this is the only golf that we can afford on our Old Age Security Pensions, ATM. Once we sell the house and get the CASH, oh boy, from the Garbage Dump to Glen Abbey all the way, lol.
        AND AFTER THE TEST, WE CAN DO 9 HOLES, TAKES LESS THAN 1 HOUR .
        Cheers !
        Last edited by veryold; Dec 21, 2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
          You might enjoy this from Flightscope. You can play around with the numbers all you want and it will spit out the final distance numbers for you:
          http://flightscope.com/products/trajectory-optimizer/
          Thanks for this link, much appreciated. After, first ignoring it, yesterday i spent quite some time playing with it and i get some astonishing/surprising results. Has any one used it and is it accurate and meaningful at all ???
          Thanks

Comment

I use it all the time. Very accurate at calulating carry. Roll with any LM is a big estimate that's hard to predict.

Comment

I use it all the time. Very accurate at calulating carry. Roll with any LM is a big estimate that's hard to predict.
              Hey jasonp, thanks so much for your kind and quick reply
              Now, i don't know if i should bother other TGNers here with my results and questions on this topic, or maybe do it with you thru PMs or EMAILs, if you're willing, of course ?
              Cheers !

Comment

I don't claim to be any expert and will do my best to help of course.

If you wanna discuss here I'm sure others will chime in. Plus you never know others may or may not be interested in learning as well. If not by all means I'll continue this via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
                  Thanks for this link, much appreciated. After, first ignoring it, yesterday i spent quite some time playing with it and i get some astonishing/surprising results. Has any one used it and is it accurate and meaningful at all ???
                  Thanks
                  Just remember that even though spin and LA are important ball speed still rules as the most important factor. Strive to achieve a swing that lets you hit the sweet spot as often as possible to maximize speed.
                  Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

Comment

I don't claim to be any expert and will do my best to help of course.
                    If you wanna discuss here I'm sure others will chime in. Plus you never know others may or may not be interested in learning as well. If not by all means I'll continue this via PM.
                    Great !
                    Let me prepare few screen shots of my results and i'll post them here, and if people tell me to buzz off from here, i will oblige

Originally posted by Golftime View Post
                    Just remember that even though spin and LA are important ball speed still rules as the most important factor. Strive to achieve a swing that lets you hit the sweet spot as often as possible to maximize speed.
                    ABSOLUTELY and especially if it's some kind of a TM R11 driver,lol. I found them really monster long on center hits, but off-center hits got more punished than other drivers i owned. But again, this is only my personal opinion, which usually doesn't weigh much, if any .
                    Cheers !

Comment

The pics look so fuzzy when i post them here, but they are crystal clear on my PC. What am i doing wrong here ???

Ok, here is my first attempt to optimize/maximize veryold and Tiger
                      The numbers just don't look realistic. What am i doing wrong ???
                      Tiger

Veryold

Last edited by veryold; Dec 23, 2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

So I can't make out and of the numbers at all other then what I think looks like a 25* launch angle.

***so either copy the link or just post the numbers you're using and I'll input myself*** also I like to use MPH (imperial)***

As awesome as that would be it won't ever happen especially with a driver. If you are able to get a LA that high (through using more loft) your spin would be through the roof and your shots would balloon. Even if you had an attack angle of +10.

Remember also what the program can't factor is a good swing. If your swinging your driver properly a safe range for AOA would be between -3(although not optimal) to +5/6. Anymore then that you're likely doing something very wrong in your swing to get an AOA that high.

Comment

Hey jasonp: Aaahhh, got it, and links are added to my post, try it out now.
                          And i definitely understand the impossibility to get 25* LA with a driver , but i'm just puzzled with the simulation results.

Comment

So what is it u don't understand or thatspuzzling? Maybe then I can help

My only guess given the fact that you kept LA and Spin the same would be the fact that you're getting close to 50y of roll and tigers getting 3?

That's because of physics which I don't completely understand. But the pictures of the flight explain it.

Essentially with your ball speed 1400 RPM is not enough to keep the ball from falling out of the sky
                            If you're LAnwas lower ud be hitting it even shorter.

For "tiger" with that ball speed and LA even the 1400rpm spin is too much and causes the ball to balloon

But again always take carry vs total with a grain of salt on any given launch monitor or calculator.
                            Carry can be very accurate but roll not so much
                            Last edited by Jasonp; Dec 23, 2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

So what is it u don't understand or thatspuzzling? Maybe then I can help
                              Ball Speeds of 120mph (veryold) and 180mph (Tiger) achieve longest drives with EXACTLY THE SAME PARAMETERS ?

Comment

the fact that you're getting close to 50y of roll and tigers getting 3?
                                As per Carry and Total numbers, my roll is also almost zero as per simulator, no ?.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X