Collapse

Video Blog - Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach CA

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Blog - Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach CA

2nd round of the Pacific Cost Highway road trip from LA to north of SF.

Poppy Hills is the forgotten corner of Pebble Beach, but in my mind it is better value than any of the 3 famous courses.

It was raining hard so the course was empty and instead of the $225 rack rate I paid $90 walking.

The course is a lot wider and open than the layout suggest, but greens are small and undulating which was nice that it rained otherwise it would play too firm...

Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)
    TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 | RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19 | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)
    Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35

Re: Video Blog - Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach CA

Hey, thanks so much for another great vid. Oh man, so many great shots in that rain, but that 6i on #3 was pure, wasn't it. Your grips must be really good in wet conditions ?
    ATB and cheers !
    Last edited by veryold; Dec 26, 2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
      Hey, thanks so much for another great vid. Oh man, so many great shots in that rain, but that 6i on #3 was pure, wasn't it. Your grips must be really good in wet conditions ?
      ATB and cheers !
      Thanks! playing in the rain forces me to hit better cuz otherwise I'd hit i thin and fat like that approach shot on 1st.

my clibs were all dry because i had the raincover on and i had my golf umbrella to cover the bag and camera phone while i quickly hit the shots.

TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 | RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19 | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35

Comment

thanks for posting as I enjoy watching your video clips -- love the pause at the top of your swing -- (Hideki)
        Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
        23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
        6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
        52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
        Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

I too have been enjoying your videos. You manage your game well, and you sink 3 to 4 footers with confidence.
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Nice round! When exactly did you play? Weather last week in LA wasn't great....finally got some more rain.

Made some treks up to pebble and poppy to see the courses but have never played them. I thought poppy was private some time ago but maybe I was wrong. $90....I'll need to give it a go too!

I live in woodland hills CA now, not far from the 405 and 101 highway intersection.

Comment

thanks guys! i had a lot of fun making these vids. even my
              non golfing frineds and relatives now look at golf with a bit more interest.

i played poppy hill last Friday dec 23. we were on our 3 day drive up from LA to north of SF and stopped at pismo beach and monterrey.

Comment

Nice....you still in CA? Where else are you playing?

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                  I too have been enjoying your videos. You manage your game well, and you sink 3 to 4 footers with confidence.
                  He knocks in the 4 footers like tap-ins.

I'm glad to see you hole-out every putt...even when playing alone in crap weather.

Comment

Originally posted by golfunderpar18 View Post
                    Nice....you still in CA? Where else are you playing?
                    Leaving Sonoma County now. managed to make the drive out to Bodega Bay to play the 18 hole Links course and also a crappy Muni 9 hole course similar to plants... Working on those vids

Originally posted by levendis View Post
                    He knocks in the 4 footers like tap-ins.

I'm glad to see you hole-out every putt...even when playing alone in crap weather.
                    Thanks. I also manage to miss quite a lot of short putts. I've come to learned not to overthink short putts - just make an educated guess and hit..

Comment

Not heading back to LA?

Comment

Good stuff.

I remember the days when I'd go out rain or shine... those days are long gone now. Don't mind a light drizzle but I'd rather nurse a pint at the 19th hole in a downpour.

Comment

I've actually subscribed to his Youtube channel to keep track of his rounds. The videos are great... keep them coming.

That drive up the coast is the best drive I've even taken. Love the views....
                          Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                          Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                          Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                          Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
                          Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                          Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                          Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                          Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by golfunderpar18 View Post
                            Not heading back to LA?
                            nope. family is north of SF so normally we don't goto LA. we flew back from SFO

Comment

Originally posted by Carlton View Post
                              Good stuff.

I remember the days when I'd go out rain or shine... those days are long gone now. Don't mind a light drizzle but I'd rather nurse a pint at the 19th hole in a downpour.
                              i had two pints after the round talkibg to other buts who golf in the rain. good times

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X