Collapse

Austin, Texas

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin, Texas

Heading down to Austin at the end of Feb and want to play 4+ rounds. I've read a few of the threads on Austin but they go back a few years, so looking for some updated/recent info from those of you that have been recently or live down there.

Seems we can't get onto Barton Creek without staying at the resort, is this correct?
    From what i have seen and read already, looks like the following courses are a good bet ??
    Wolfdancer
    Falconhead
    The Bandit
    Grey Rock
    Star Ranch

We are staying just south of downtown Austin and will have hire cars.Any recco's for restaurants/nightlife are also appreciated. Age of the group is late 30's and early 40's

Thanks !

Re: Austin, Texas

Lots of golf options, personal preference, price point, etc. GolfNow always handy. Definitely can't do Barton Creek without staying, but price is overrated. Some faves:

• Wolfdancer
    • ACC
    • Star Ranch
    • The Hills
    • Falconhead
    • Avery Ranch

If you are a member here, have them call Univ of Texas/Cimarron/Spanish Oaks and get on the course there - great track, solid history of players.

6th street in Austin is a blast - can hit every type of bar in about a mile stretch - dive, trendy, Coyote Ugly, piano bar, etc. Warehouse district can be walked to from 6th, and has trendier/more expensive bars. Great resource for the different neighborhoods is Thrillist - https://www.thrillist.com/eat/austin...-park-rosewood

Franklins requires a lineup, and can be a time killer, but the BBQ is some of the best. If not an aficionado, you can find many other great spots in Austin.
    What's In The Bag?
    Titleist 909 D3 Diamana Red X Stiff
    Titleist 910 F2
    Mizuno MP63 4-PW S300
    Vokey 50*
    Vokey 56*
    Vokey 62*
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5
    Pro-V1

Comment

Re: Austin, Texas

Ive always really wanted to check out Riverside golf club for all the history. There are probably nicer courses but seems pretty cool and worth checking out.

History
      Tucked away in a wooded area just southeast of downtown Austin and south of the Colorado River, Riverside Golf Course is a course with a storied history. As far as courses in Austin are concerned, Riverside's history could be based simply on its age.
      My sticks
      TM SLDR 9
      TM SLDR 15
      Ping i15 20 hybrid
      5-PW Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back Irons w/ Steelfiber shaft
      54, 58 Vokey TVD M
      Odyssey Prototype Black 2 putter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard