Tiger Woods possible disqualified?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Woods possible disqualified?

is anyone else hearing this?

Tiger may be disqualified because when placed the ball down instead of dropping it on the 13th hole when he put it in the water.

Re: Tiger Woods possible disqualified?

Yep...... under review. Dont forget he is not finished his round and not singed a card yet. He may be penalized 2 strokes for not dropping. Time will tell.

Upon further review, it was the 14th hole they were going to penalize hime because someone at home called in and thought
    he was standing directly behind the ball which is against the rules of golf.
    It was ruled he was on one side of the ball and no penalty was assessed. Still makes one think that only in golf can some couch potatoe 2000miles away can have an effect on the outcome of the MAsters or any other tournament for that matter.
    Last edited by noback; Apr 8, 2005, 06:08 AM.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted". ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by noback
      Still makes one think that only in golf can some couch potatoe 2000miles away can have an effect on the outcome of the MAsters or any other tournament for that matter.
      Very true, only in golf!

Comment

I think its so silly and dumb that someone 2000 miles away can affect the outsome of a golf tournament!! Its outrageous!! Imagine someone at home calling the NHL to tell them that a goal was disallowed when it was indeed a goal and it affected the outcome of the Stanley Cup? Thats crazy, who the heck in the PGA is allowing this? The Commish?
        "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
        Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

On another note, I don't think the Masters will DQ Tiger...I honestly think there are "special" rules for Tiger. (excluding obvious rulings) It just wouldn't make sense to DQ him cause he brings so many more viewers to a golf tournament and imagine the outrage and controversy it would cause. It would be the story of the year or years in the future.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Focker Singh
            On another note, I don't think the Masters will DQ Tiger...I honestly think there are "special" rules for Tiger. (excluding obvious rulings) It just wouldn't make sense to DQ him cause he brings so many more viewers to a golf tournament and imagine the outrage and controversy it would cause. It would be the story of the year or years in the future.
            If any tournament on earth were to disqualify Woods, it WOULD be the Masters. Besides, a rules a rule.
            Cobra S2 10.5 - Stock Fuji
            Cobra Baffler TWS 20 - Aldila NVS
            Cobra Baffler TWS 23 - Aldila NVS
            5-PW Mizuno MX23 - DGS300
            Mizuno MP-R 52.07 - DGS300
            X-Forged MD 56 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
            X-Forged MD 60 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
            Odyssey Black Tour Design #9
            Titleist ProV1x

Comment

Originally posted by laxgolf
              If any tournament on earth were to disqualify Woods, it WOULD be the Masters. Besides, a rules a rule.
              Yep a rule is a rule

Comment

FS, I enjoy a good conspiracy theory myself, but you cannot honestly tell me there is one involving Tiger and the professional golf officials...come on, tell me...

Comment

No DQ, it was actually on the 14th hole, somebody called in about the possibility of TW standing astride of his putting line. Tournament officials reviewed the tape with TW and determined that the tape was inconclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by chiantibro
                    FS, I enjoy a good conspiracy theory myself, but you cannot honestly tell me there is one involving Tiger and the professional golf officials...come on, tell me...
                    well, you never know...not saying there is one but look at it like this...GC did a demonstration on Tiger's putt on the 14th. The definition of the rule is he cannot stand anywhere on his putting line and hit the putt. The tape was determined "inconclusive", so he was clear. Inconclusive meaning, according to all the camera angles, they didn't see Tiger stand on his line, but they didn't see him not either...so to play Devil's Advocate, there's a conspiracy theory on tour for Tiger!! GO VJ GO!
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

well, you never know...not saying there is one but look at it like this...GC did a demonstration on Tiger's putt on the 14th. The definition of the rule is he cannot stand anywhere on his putting line and hit the putt. The tape was determined "inconclusive", so he was clear. Inconclusive meaning, according to all the camera angles, they didn't see Tiger stand on his line, but they didn't see him not either...so to play Devil's Advocate, there's a conspiracy theory on tour for Tiger!! GO VJ GO!
                      Clearly, it's the only reason he has won 42 PGA tour events...

Comment

Oh boy. haha can anyone tell me the final ruling? If Tiger wins and is DQ there will be a riot!
                        You may contact me with general questions about the forum.
                        Advertising requests should be emailed to advertise@torontogolfnuts.com.
                        Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
                        Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X