Boy Scout Rob Ford charged with assault and uttering death threats

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boy Scout Rob Ford charged with assault and uttering death threats

Originally posted by guitarman
    I'm not defending Rob Ford. I'm simply addressing the the way alot of people like to convict before all evidence is present
    Has anyone here said he's guilty? I don't think so. I've said he may or may not be guilty. I've said it's unlikely either he or his wife is completely without fault, but I haven't said "he beat his wife". Frankly, given that he's got custody of the kids, it's likely that the folks at Children's Aid think he was far from the guiltiest party here, but I'm sure there was some physical altercation, since some reports say his wife was injured.

In the process, we've talked about a lot of controversy in Ford's past, and while we can debate the intent of things like "the Orientals are taking over", we can't debate other charged comments he has made, which have been outlined here. He's been insensitive or outright insulting to AIDs sufferers, the homeless, and Italians. He's been tossed from a public arena for drunken conduct (which he then lied about, I should add). And his redeeming quality is that he waited until Sideshow Mel was no longer mayor before complaining about excesses at City Hall. I don't see a heck of a lot to like about this man.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear
      Has anyone here said he's guilty? I don't think so. I've said he may or may not be guilty. I've said it's unlikely either he or his wife is completely without fault, but I haven't said "he beat his wife". Frankly, given that he's got custody of the kids, it's likely that the folks at Children's Aid think he was far from the guiltiest party here, but I'm sure there was some physical altercation, since some reports say his wife was injured.

In the process, we've talked about a lot of controversy in Ford's past, and while we can debate the intent of things like "the Orientals are taking over", we can't debate other charged comments he has made, which have been outlined here. He's been insensitive or outright insulting to AIDs sufferers, the homeless, and Italians. He's been tossed from a public arena for drunken conduct (which he then lied about, I should add). And his redeeming quality is that he waited until Sideshow Mel was no longer mayor before complaining about excesses at City Hall. I don't see a heck of a lot to like about this man.
      With your obvious disdain for Rob Ford and your repeated negative comments towards Mel Lastman lead me to assume you've been taken in by the Mayor Miller camp.
      Wasn't Mel the longest serving Mayor. He'd maybe even still be mayor if he didn't retire.
      I don't know for sure but maybe such council abuses didn't happen when Mel was mayor. And that might be why Rob Ford didn't complain.

Comment

well,the one thing we can all agree on is that Miller&Co. are sporting delirious silly grins right now.

Comment

With your obvious disdain for Rob Ford and your repeated negative comments towards Mel Lastman lead me to assume you've been taken in by the Mayor Miller camp.
          Why? Why does one necessitate the other? Can you dislike Mel and Rob Ford without liking Miller? I believe I've been negative about Miller many times on this board. For what it's worth, I'm a moderate and unlikely to be taken in by a Lastman or a Miller. I'm more likely to support a Red Tory or a true Liberal. In other words, I've got no one to vote for these days. That oughta explain my bitterness!

Wasn't Mel the longest serving Mayor. He'd maybe even still be mayor if he didn't retire.
          I don't know for sure but maybe such council abuses didn't happen when Mel was mayor. And that might be why Rob Ford didn't complain.
          People were more focussed on Mel's sideshows like the overblown Millenium celebrations and the silly (now, mercifully defunct) Celebrate Toronto Street Festival that clogged traffic and attracted few people. But as for Ford, he's a neoconservative, a buddy of Jim Flaherty, and his attacks are clearly motivated more by the political leanings of the current mayor then they are a real concern for misspending.

Comment

'You people' obviously need to go play some golf to channel your hyperactive energy into smashing balls.

Comment

Why? Why does one necessitate the other? Can you dislike Mel and Rob Ford without liking Miller? I believe I've been negative about Miller many times on this board. For what it's worth, I'm a moderate and unlikely to be taken in by a Lastman or a Miller. I'm more likely to support a Red Tory or a true Liberal. In other words, I've got no one to vote for these days. That oughta explain my bitterness!
              Oh for gawd sakes, lighten up. Is your computer unable to display icons? I have a grinny one there if you aren't able to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry
                'You people' obviously need to go play some golf to channel your hyperactive energy into smashing balls.
                Oh yeah?!?! And just what does "you people" mean, bucko!!! You want to see some balls getting smashed, you know where to look, pal.

<Disclaimer: This message is laced with irony for the amusement of the poster and his fellow posters. It is not to be taken as a genuine threat, a statement of ill will, or anything that might be bad. It should not be construed as offensive to pals, to buckos, or to people. At the sound of the tone, the time will be 3:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight time. Beep.>

Oh for gawd sakes, lighten up.
                That's an unreasonable request. However, I will cheer up. I'm afraid I'm unable to produce light today, however. That's simply not a realistic ability for a human.
                Last edited by Golden Bear; Mar 27, 2008, 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged posts

Comment

That's an unreasonable request. However, I will cheer up. I'm afraid I'm unable to produce light today, however. That's simply not a realistic ability for a human.

Comment

Oh yeah?!?! And just what does "you people" mean, bucko!!! You want to see some balls getting smashed, you know where to look, pal.

<Disclaimer: This message is laced with irony for the amusement of the poster and his fellow posters. It is not to be taken as a genuine threat, a statement of ill will, or anything that might be bad. It should not be construed as offensive to pals, to buckos, or to people. At the sound of the tone, the time will be 3:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight time. Beep.>
                    Oh yeah? You are a tough guy now? You wanna go outside? I will 'patrick roy' you and then take picture of you when you tee off.

Better yet, Jack Nicklaus is nothing but a second tier average golfer.

Comment

My pappy told me to avoid the topics of politics and religion at parties. I guess he should have warned me about Golf Chat rooms as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry
                        Better yet, Jack Nicklaus is nothing but a second tier average golfer.
                        That's it. I just ruptured an artery. Once I get out of surgery, you're in real trouble, mister. We're talkin' Golden-Bear-putter-to-the-temple trouble. You've messed with the wrong irrational-fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter
                          I like him.
                          ditto

My only question is am I racist cuz I was born white?

That seems to be the case lately.

Comment

Originally posted by italfrank
                            ditto

My only question is am I racist cuz I was born white?

That seems to be the case lately.
                            I don't know. I'm wrong because I'm married.

Comment

Frank, you are required to change your name immediately... ItalFrank is NOT an acceptable name....
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

I have "Asian" friends who PREFER to be called "Oreintal" because they are Chinese, and don't like the term "Asian" because ASIA includes anyone from any part of the Continent of Asia, which they feel doesn't 'represent' their culture!
                                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X