$300 TAYLORMADE RAC OS ‘CHINA COUNTERFEIT’ - BUYER BEWARE

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $300 TAYLORMADE RAC OS ‘CHINA COUNTERFEIT’ - BUYER BEWARE

Originally posted by btowngolfer
    clubs are way over-priced. how can tm justify selling $5 of iron and plastic for $500, and that's for one club.
    There are a lot of people in the food chain connected to golf and the Name Brand OEM's
    Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
    Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
    Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by btowngolfer
      where can i buy a set here in gta? clubs are way over-priced. how can tm justify selling $5 of iron and plastic for $500, and that's for one club. imagine if a hockey stick cost that much and if you needed a different hockey stick for a different shot? dam!
      If you want some cheap irons I can get you lots of sets for under $75 and they are OEM brands! Mind you these are not new irons though!

Comment

Originally posted by Golfbum
        If you want some cheap irons I can get you lots of sets for under $75 and they are OEM brands! Mind you these are not new irons though!
        The 17 year old student who wants to spend $300 max on a set should contact the Golfbum

Comment

score increased by 10! Holy crap

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ
            There are a lot of people in the food chain connected to golf and the Name Brand OEM's
            This is the same argument over name brand perscription drugs vs. generic drugs. The generic (copy cat) drug makers inflate their margins for no research of the same product, yet the name brand have to spend money on R&D etc.
            Stephen

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 9.5 with Aldila RIP Gamma 60
            3/5/Rescue Woods: TaylorMade R7
            Irons: Titleist 716 AP2's Dynamic Gold S300 shafts
            Wedges: Cleveland 52; PING 56; Titleist Vokay SM4 - 60-7 degree
            Putter: Ping

Comment

Originally posted by slemmer
              This is the same argument over name brand perscription drugs vs. generic drugs. The generic (copy cat) drug makers inflate their margins for no research of the same product, yet the name brand have to spend money on R&D etc.
              Not quite slemmer. We are not talking pres. drugs made from the same formula, and neither makes you more sick.
              We are discussing Counterfeit China Clubs, ones of so inferior quality that the guy actually increased his stroke average by a full 10 strokes. Half the irons were terrible, and exhibited a ton of % Error, but virtue of their tolerances.

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ
                Not quite slemmer. We are not talking pres. drugs made from the same formula, and neither makes you more sick.
                We are discussing Counterfeit China Clubs, ones of so inferior quality that the guy actually increased his stroke average by a full 10 strokes. Half the irons were terrible, and exhibited a ton of % Error, but virtue of their tolerances.
                OK, bad efficacy, but similarity in appearance. I stand corrected. How about bad toothpaste ingedient from mfgs in China vs. GMP (Good manufactured Practiced) controlled manufacturing for a branded toothpaste?
                Stephen

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 9.5 with Aldila RIP Gamma 60
                3/5/Rescue Woods: TaylorMade R7
                Irons: Titleist 716 AP2's Dynamic Gold S300 shafts
                Wedges: Cleveland 52; PING 56; Titleist Vokay SM4 - 60-7 degree
                Putter: Ping

Comment

Originally posted by slemmer
                  OK, bad efficacy, but similarity in appearance. I stand corrected. How about bad toothpaste ingedient from mfgs in China vs. GMP (Good manufactured Practiced) controlled manufacturing for a branded toothpaste?
                  Hi slemmer

I guess don't buy the bad toothpaste, as it might make you sick, but if
                  counterfeit toothpaste you might unknowingly buy it as the real deal

Comment

well this has me a little worried now. I just bought a set of Rac OS from Greenfield Golf in Markham. They gave me a deal, about 450 for the set of irons. I didn't think anything of it, because Golf town and Nevada Bob's has the same clubs priced at 479. Now i'm wondering if mine are fake.

Has anyone bought from GreenField before?

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by uncurruptable
                      well this has me a little worried now. I just bought a set of Rac OS from Greenfield Golf in Markham. They gave me a deal, about 450 for the set of irons. I didn't think anything of it, because Golf town and Nevada Bob's has the same clubs priced at 479. Now i'm wondering if mine are fake.

Has anyone bought from GreenField before?

Josh
                      yes many times dont worry about those guys they are great to deal with never a problem

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X