Collapse

Playing with Angry Playing Partners

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with Angry Playing Partners

Most of you had probably had your own fiery moments on the golf course when things just don't seem that they're working out for you...I try to control my rage when this happens but there maybe the odd times when it's just truly bad and I may kill the ground with my club.....but what do you do with those playing partners that consistently seem to get angry..and throw their club or throw their balls in frustration?

I don't say much, but sometimes it's bad enough that it'll affect my game...I don't know why this is....probably because I know that somebody else is not having too much fun...and you really can't talk casually with him or other players when this person is in this funk.....lemme know ur thoughts!
    Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

I am a big culprit of hyper fits....Firstly, I do like to apoligize to my friends that have to endure my rage and I never had the intention to make the game less enjoyable for them. There is another reason why someone would get mad but i'll let you GUYS figure that out.

Comment

Stableford,
      Could you please tell us? I'm not quite sure what it is...maybe its your PMS? But one can't have PMS every 7 days right? hmmm...anyways...I find it quite entertaining when someone takes a hissy fit...sort of like watching John McEnroe play tennis back in the days...as long as they don't endanger anyone else and respect the golf course I think its fine to take out some frustration.
      "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
      Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Ego Woods
        Most of you had probably had your own fiery moments on the golf course when things just don't seem that they're working out for you...I try to control my rage when this happens but there maybe the odd times when it's just truly bad and I may kill the ground with my club.....but what do you do with those playing partners that consistently seem to get angry..and throw their club or throw their balls in frustration?

I don't say much, but sometimes it's bad enough that it'll affect my game...I don't know why this is....probably because I know that somebody else is not having too much fun...and you really can't talk casually with him or other players when this person is in this funk.....lemme know ur thoughts!
        I think the situation depends, if you are a good buddy, then you can make some jokes and try to calm them down, if they are strangers/co-workers/boss I'd stay out of their way...

Comment

I agree with Mok, depends on how close you are to the person. Of course, I never had to play with anyone with a bad temper so can't say I know how awkward it would be. I'd probably tease the person after and let them know I'm scared to play with them because they're endangering my life with their flying clubs... and it won't happen again!

Are you guys referring to someone specifically??

Comment

Ems, I'm sure you know who.

Comment

Anger Management

Originally posted by Focker Singh
              Stableford,
              Could you please tell us? I'm not quite sure what it is...maybe its your PMS? But one can't have PMS every 7 days right? hmmm...anyways...I find it quite entertaining when someone takes a hissy fit...sort of like watching John McEnroe play tennis back in the days...as long as they don't endanger anyone else and respect the golf course I think its fine to take out some frustration.
              I've never played with guys that throw hissy fits. hmm but maybe that's because I'm beating them to it. haha although I don't take a hissy fit. I know that I can get really frustrated on a bad day. I've even been known to throw my driver on the ground after teeing off. Don't worry no one or thing was broken! hmm do I need new clubs, a coach, or are Anger management classes in order.
              You may contact me with general questions about the forum.
              Advertising requests should be emailed to advertise@torontogolfnuts.com.
              Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
              Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stablefordvet
                Ems, I'm sure you know who.
                SFV I guess it's too late for me to start an AGA group (Angry Golfers Annonymous)? So do you get mad on the course? Is there anything you do to calm down or refocus?
                Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
                Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

Hmm...AGA huh? I think that's a great idea QB! When I'm caught in an anger rut I try to breakdown my swing and pinpoint what I'm doing wrong. Unlike the pros, It takes me a while before I get my swing back. Hopefully that makes sense.

Comment

Unfortunately for Stableford, it takes him about 5 rounds to figure out what is wrong....hehe...
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Stablefordvet
                      Hmm...AGA huh? I think that's a great idea QB! When I'm caught in an anger rut I try to breakdown my swing and pinpoint what I'm doing wrong. Unlike the pros, It takes me a while before I get my swing back. Hopefully that makes sense.
                      SFV...yeah that makes sense. As a beginner golfer I find myself getting vvery frustrated after 3 bad holes in a row. I try to take it easy but it's really hard when you thought you improved something from the last game and then you find your swing is all screwed up again.

Focker...are you saying you've never been stuck in a rut with a couple bad rounds in a row? hmm can anyone vouch for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Queen of the Beach
                        SFV...yeah that makes sense. As a beginner golfer I find myself getting vvery frustrated after 3 bad holes in a row. I try to take it easy but it's really hard when you thought you improved something from the last game and then you find your swing is all screwed up again.
                        I always find the more frustrated I get at the game, the more everything seems to fall apart in my game.......this is a very unforgiving game and only when I try and relax myself does my game start coming back to where I want it to be......
                        Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

Comment

Originally posted by Queen of the Beach

Focker...are you saying you've never been stuck in a rut with a couple bad rounds in a row? hmm can anyone vouch for this?
                          QB,
                          I was stuck in a rut for more than a couple of rounds near the beginning of this season. I shot in the high 90's and even had a round over 100. I was too very frustrated. Felt like wrapping my clubs around a tree. I was very concerned over my game and couldn't figure it out.
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

Re: Playing with Angry Playing Partners

There was a club tosser in my regular foursome. "WAS" being the opperative word. If I have to duck your clubs every three holes (sept for that one good round a year you stumble upon) theres a good chance you're not gonna get the nod to play with us again next week. In the event someone gets hit by your indiscretion.... what then? Take a chill pill, try and remember you payed good money to be out golfing and so did the rest of us.

Comment

Re: Playing with Angry Playing Partners

Did you all see the movie "Sideways"? I thought great filmmaking, great acting, but what a horribly depressing story.

I digress ... I laughed so hard during the golf course scene when the group behind hits into the main characters. I really related to the reaction!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X