Collapse

Prince Edward County Golf recommendations

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Edward County Golf recommendations

A friend bought a vacation home just north of Wellington. I recommended Timber Ridge as he is a big hitter and likes a challenge. I've also played Black Bear Ridge, Trillium and Picton (although I don't remember much of it)

How about courses like Barcovan, Warkworth, Wellington on the Lake, Roundell or any others I missed? I haven't played those, do you recommend any of them?
    Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
    Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Re: Prince Edward County Golf recommendations

Warkworth is not worth visiting compared to the other courses you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
      A friend bought a vacation home just north of Wellington. I recommended Timber Ridge as he is a big hitter and likes a challenge. I've also played Black Bear Ridge, Trillium and Picton (although I don't remember much of it)

How about courses like Barcovan, Warkworth, Wellington on the Lake, Roundell or any others I missed? I haven't played those, do you recommend any of them?
      Roundel is just ok. Conditioning is getting better but it's not Trillium Wood quality. The course is tight with lots of dog legs. Tee boxs are well worn and uneven. Stick with BBR, Trillium, and Picton.

Comment

There's also Bay of Quinte GC
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
          There's also Bay of Quinte GC
          Forgot about that one. They have a brand new clubhouse. Restaurant looks nice. Course was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post

Let me take a shot at this.
            Barcovan - not much of a course some pretty holes, but course conditions are not the best. Typical cottage golf course.
            Warkworth - the furthest from Wellington you still 30 minutes north of the 401. early in the year you'll find grass on most of the course, during the summer you won't. Fun course but not great.
            WotL - 9 holes course. Nice course built in the middle of a retirement community. Course is okay if you only have time for 9, but nothing special.
            Roundell Glen - Ryan is right, course is about the same as Barcovan and gets better each year, but condition are average at best. Great course if you are lefty that slices, hard.

Best of the area are Timber Ridge, Black Bear Ridge, Trillium, Picton, Bay of Quinte, and for the drive take the Lake on The Mountain-Glenora ferry south west of the town of Picton and go to Loyalist.
            In The Ogio
            Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
            Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
            Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
            Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
            Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
            Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
            MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I'd stick with:

Black Bear
              Timber Ridge
              Trillium
              Picton
              Bay of Quinte

The others are worth a play though, I never say no to golf, but not in the same league really.

Comment

If Warkworth is an acceptable drive put Shelter Valley Pines in Grafton on the list. Shorter course but several holes for a big hitter to let go. Tougher than you'd expect and in good to great condition when I've been. Not most peoples favorite starting hole. Honestly not a bad hole but I wouldn't choose it for a starting hole. It's a bit parkland, a good bit elevation and 2 holes links. Great scenery.

Timber Ridge is a nice course but configuration is a bit pieced together as sone stretches don't fit with others. Ride and dine deal is great in the summer weekends. $50 cart 18 and a meal.

Warkworth is a decent layout but conditions are hit and miss as stated previously. Can be extremely cheap on a GN hot deal.

Iirc Picton came on underpar a while back and the reviews were good enough I thought I was missing out. Btw those where in order above, from best to not best.
                I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Being from the area and played all courses listed multiple tImes in 2016, in various seasons, my order would be taking into account conditions, quality of greens, bunkers & challenge.

Black Bear ($$$$)
                  Trillium ($$$)
                  Timber Ridge ($$$)
                  Bay of Quinte ($$$)
                  Picton ($$.5)
                  Shelter Valley($$.5)
                  - Vessel Cart Bag
                  - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
                  - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
                  - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
                  - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
                  - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

Thanks y'all. Some recommendations I'd never heard of before. I'll pass it all along
                    Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
                    Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

I love Timber Ridge.
                      I've heard a lot about the course at the Air Force base but haven't played it yet.
                      I see Golf people.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                      X