Collapse

President Obama's Farewell Address

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President Obama's Farewell Address

I loved the moment with Biden yesterday when Obama surprised him with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

I'll miss this administration. It's the most likeable administration of my lifetime. Sure, the bar was, admittedly, quite low (when was the last remotely likable administration?), but the dignity and class of the Obama administration is certainly emphasized when we have Trump's remarkably undignified press conference to compare it to.

Comment

Originally posted by hemants View Post
      Simple example. Bringing up police racism at a memorial for slain Dallas police officers is disgustingly divisive.
      Maybe instead of relying on the Daily Wire for your news, you should actually read the speech he gave, it was actually quite inspiring, and spoke a lot about police and communities working together for the greater good, and endless amounts of praise for the Dallas PD.

Read it yourself, it's pretty great (although I know you will not)

http://time.com/4403543/president-ob...ch-transcript/
      What's in the Taylormade TMX Stand Bag:
      Titleist 910D2 10.5* (w/ Oban Devotion)
      RBZ 3w 15*
      RBZ Tour 3h 18.5*
      Adams CB2 4-GW (KBS Tour 90)
      CG15 52*,56*

Putters:
      Byron Morgan DH89x
      Byron Morgan 611x

Comment

Originally posted by SeanFTW View Post
        Maybe instead of relying on the Daily Wire for your news, you should actually read the speech he gave, it was actually quite inspiring, and spoke a lot about police and communities working together for the greater good, and endless amounts of praise for the Dallas PD.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
          President Obama's farewell address this evening was a moving tribute to the strength that lies at the heart of the American democratic experience. The man is an unparalleled orator.
          Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Earlier, I saw a shorter, edit version but could not relocate it.

Here's a long version; the clip I saw started at ~ 14:00 of this video, when Obama surprises Biden.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Such a stark contrast to what's coming.
          WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
            Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Earlier, I saw a shorter, edit version but could not relocate it.

Here's a long version; the clip I saw started at ~ 14:00 of this video, when Obama surprises Biden.

Such a stark contrast to what's coming.
            Trump will only ever stand behind Pence for one of two reasons: for cover, or to stab him in the back....

Comment

I've seen the video. Lots of fluffy words but in the end playing the race card and effectively blaming police.

Comment

I've seen the video. Lots of fluffy words but in the end playing the race card and effectively blaming police.
                What? Bull.

That is simply false. You either did not listen/read of you have serious problems with comprehension. Or you're lying. But, most likely, trolling.

Get you act together, son.

Comment

You're hearing what you want to hear.

Go through the transcript and give some examples.
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

Found this on the Interwebs. Seen any lately?

WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                      You're hearing what you want to hear.

Go through the transcript and give some examples.
                      "I will have more say about this when the facts become more clear. For now, let me just say that, even as yesterday I spoke about are need to be concerned as all Americans about racial disparities in our criminal justice system"

Comment

You clearly did not see the video, nor did you read the transcript. Can you point to the part in the transcript where he plays the race card and blames police? Go on, read the transcript in the link above, I'll wait...

In the meantime, he concludes with this, calling the police heroes:

But as the men we mourn today, these five heroes knew better than most, we cannot take the blessings of this nation for granted. Only by working together can we preserve those institutions of family and community, rights and responsibilities, law and self-government that is the hallmark of this nation.
                        It turns out we do not persevere alone. Our character is not found in isolation. Hope does not arise by putting our fellow man down, it is found by lifting others up.

And that’s what I take away from the lives of these outstanding men. The pain we feel may not soon pass, but my faith tells me that they did not die in vain. I believe our sorrow can make us a better country. I believe our righteous anger can be transformed into more justice and more peace. Weeping may endure for a night but I’m convinced joy comes in the morning.

We cannot match the sacrifices made by Officers Zamarippa and Ahrens, Krol, Smith and Thompson, but surely we can try to match their sense of service. We cannot match their courage, but we can strive to match their devotion.

May God bless their memory. May God bless this country that we love.
                        RBZ 3w 15*
                        RBZ Tour 3h 18.5*
                        CG15 52*,56*

Putters:
                        Byron Morgan DH89x
                        Byron Morgan 611x

Comment

"I will have more say about this when the facts become more clear. For now, let me just say that, even as yesterday I spoke about are need to be concerned as all Americans about racial disparities in our criminal justice system"
                          How is this blaming the police officers? How is this divisive? He's actually speaking about facts.
                          RBZ 3w 15*
                          RBZ Tour 3h 18.5*
                          CG15 52*,56*

Putters:
                          Byron Morgan DH89x
                          Byron Morgan 611x

Comment

You have to look at the consistent pattern of anti cop rhetoric from Obama

“If police organizations and departments acknowledge that there’s a problem and there’s an issue, then that, too, is going to contribute to real solutions"

" “I see people who mourn for the five officers we lost, but also weep for the families of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile.”

"“I think it is fair to say we will see more tension between police and communities this month, next month, next year, for quite some time.”
                            Last edited by hemants; Jan 13, 2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

How is this blaming the police officers? How is this divisive? He's actually speaking about facts.
                              The man is hell bent on perverting anything stated to conform to a viewpoint. Your time is wasted in anything more than calling him out.

Comment

That's not even from the same speech, for one, but also, what you've have done is quoted one part of what he said out of context. In short, you lied. A lie of omission is a lie is a lie is a lie. Here is that statement in context:

There is no possible justification for these kinds of attacks or any violence against law enforcement. The FBI is already in touch with the Dallas police, and anyone involved in these senseless murders will be held fully accountable. Justice will be done. I will have more to say about this as the facts become more clear. For now, let me just say that even as yesterday I spoke about our need to be concerned as all Americans about racial disparities in our criminal justice system, I also said yesterday that our police have an extraordinarily difficult job, and the vast majority of them do their job in outstanding fashion. I also indicated the degree in which we need to be supportive of those officers who do their job each and every day. Protecting us and protecting our communities.
                                Last edited by Pimento Cheese; Jan 13, 2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                                X